Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

whatever>236[P]~[HS]66646, ]P+HS[ is how I do a MC followed by two dashes. FD dashing isn't something I use a lot, so there may be a more optimized way of doing this. I might have more 6's then I need, but the motion is easy enough, and most importantly, consistent for me to do. whatever>236[P]~[HS]66{46}xN, ]P+HS[ ; is what I do when I don't care about my FD dashin being nice and pretty. I just stop mashing 46 when I see the number of dashes I want.

Is this Johnny's all of his lows? 1: 2K,S,HS 2:2P,K,S,HS 3:2S,HS 4:2D Also for mixups? TK Ensenga and the Dust hit is the only 2 moves that can't be crouch blocked? Sorry if this questions are bad but I'm trying to figure out if I know all his mixups.

Johnny's lows are: 2K 2S 2D 236S 236K (at level 3) His overheads are: Dust Ensenga and, of course, all his air normals

good days sirs

this question is regarding the [AC] the 1-hit list topic

thank you for finally defining 1 hit ensenga is the same as enkasu

and thank you for the combo options posted there

but i was wondering if you could give tips regarding execution.

can anyone give me a descriptive idea of the execution of the enkasu?

or perhaps any animation or cues that i have to watch for that would tell me when to execute the enkasu?

your speedy response to this question would be much appreciated

thank you again

Not sure what you mean by "execution of the enkasu" but maybe the answer I gave to this guy's question will help you.

Where do you generally want them to be (In relation to Johnny)? I've seen some vids where Johnny's moreorless under them in the air after the j.D->E, but that only seems to happen on airdash one hits.

Where you want them to be in relation to Johnny is dependent on the setup. And the setup you would use is dependent on the character and where on the screen you are. It's not as important to know where they need to be, for you to 1-hit them, as it is for you to simple know the setup. Since the setup takes care of all that for you.

But, to answer your question: Many setups have them positioned above Johnny. When the 1st strike hits, they get popped up and the 2nd strike whiffs under them. At the same time, these same setups have them as close to being directly above Johnny as possible. So, that when the 1st strike hits, they don't get pushed into the 2nd strike's hitbox. This is why setups involving a corner and an airdash are so universal, but not always economical. It's gets them above Johnny and so deep into the corner that character hitboxs become irrelevant.

As for animation, the first hit of Ensenga is when Johnny breaks the beer bottle. The Second hit is when Johnny spins back around and lights the alcohol on fire.

sorry im sure that the command execution of enkasu is the same as ensenga so basically youre saying that being able to do enkasu is based on the opponents position in relation to johnny. so example: grab, j.k, j.p, j.s, dj.s, j.hs, j.D, ensenga so youre saying that after the animation of j.D comes out, i have to wait for my enemies body to fall down a little bit so that when i execute the ensenga, only the 1st hit makes contact?

Yes, to get an enkasu you have to make contact with *only* the first hit of ensenga. To possibly make this easier to understand, let me explain a little about ensenga. The move consists of two parts: First, Johnny reaches into his coat and pulls out a bottle of what looks to be whiskey. He tosses the bottle into the air, and slices it apart with his sword. If I'm not mistaken, the first hit is when he hits the bottle with his sword. This hit is the one you need for enkasu. The second part is the fire that follows the first hit, and you don't want this part to hit your opponent, because if it does, they can tech out and you've lost your enkasu. So you want your opponent to be positioned just right, so as to get hit by the bottle, and not the fire. The ideal position for this is to have your enemy above Johnny, so that when they get hit by the bottle, it pops them up too high to get hit by the fire.

im already familiar with the animation of the ensenga. thats why i want to know the technique of only getting the 1-hit to make contact. so youre saying that after the j.D i have to wait for Johnny's body to drop a little below the position of the opponent? what if Johnny and his opponent are moving at parallel in mid-air, how do i get only the 1st hit to contact instead of both?

You probably can't. They'd be able to tech before that happens. j.D typically knocks them away more than up, which is why 1-hits are usually done in the corner. (Although not always). Because j.D does that, it's important that you put in other hits to position yourself under the other person, by putting in little hits, like punches. ie, for Baiken, in the corner, you can do Throw-j.P-j.S-j.D-Ensenga. What all those other hits do, is push Baiken up a bit, so that when you do Ensenga, you're pretty much underneath them. It's important to note that just doing this doesn't guarantee a one-hit though. There is timing involved in all the one hits. There be practice involved. But if you're talking about just random 1-hits out of nowhere, like they were air-dashing towards you or something, those would probably just be freak accidents. EDIT: Like for your example combo, I don't think a j.HS would work that well in a one hit, as j.HS typically knocks them down, j.S-dj.S also put you relatively high up to your opponent as well.

so basically youre saying that being able to do enkasu is based on the opponents position in relation to johnny.

Nah, what I'm saying is: being able to do an Enkasu is based on your ability to do a specific character-specific combo, from a specific position of the stage.

You're a long ways away from being able to pull, out of your ass, non-comboed 1hits; let alone, making up 1hit combos on the fly. And even then, doing any of these two things requires you to be a "... lucky bastard, fuck you!"

Hey guys, although Johnny isn't my main, he is my favorite GG character (darn people using Johnny on my team :psyduck: ). So I would still like to know his basics, and I was wondering what button do most people here use for Mist cancelling? Also due to the fact that I'm kind of using this to learn a bit, please say whether you play on stick or not. Thanks

Johnny is my favorite GG character as well, and that's why he's my main. I don't care about anything else that's in his favor or against it, I just think he's badass, so I play him. In any case I currently play on pad, although I'm aiming to get a stick sometime in the future. When I mist cancel, I enter mist stance with K (X on the PS2 Dualshock) and then slide my thumb over to HS (O) to exit the stance and cancel.

On stick, what button I MC with depend son what button I plan to press afterwards. Like If I plan to do something like: HS>MC, K; I would MC with something other then K, like S or P. On pad, I would hold S and drop the lower part of my thumb down on to HS. Latter in my pad career, I did what I do when I use stick. Except, instead of holding any buttons down, I would tap it all out, as to avoid any thumb-twisters.

Except, instead of holding any buttons down, I would tap it all out, as to avoid any thumb-twisters.

I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying here, you said it in a way that's clear enough for me to get this idea, but I just want to be absolutely sure, so this is just for clarification:

You're saying that if you were to do something like c.5S-HS-MC(with K)-2D that you would not hold the K button to stay in mist stance. Instead, you tap HS the moment Johnny enters kamae to cancel it? So this would indicate that a successful MC with this method is the fastest MC possible for whichever mist level you're at, right? I'm just curious because while MCing is now second nature to me (in fact I sometimes MC even when I didn't mean to, just because it's so ingrained) I'm not extremely fast at it. Or, rather, I'm not as fast as I want to be. So I'd like to pick up any techniques available to increase the speed of my mist cancels.

Instead, you tap HS the moment Johnny enters kamae to cancel it? So this would indicate that a successful MC with this method is the fastest MC possible for whichever mist level you're at, right?

Ya

Ya

Holy shit, r u srs? :psyduck: I've been holding the button every time. You're not worried about accidentally letting the MF go before you hit H?

That's what practice is for! (and then latter I got a stick..)

Question: I sometimes have problems getting the airdash after a tk Ensenga. I can't really tell the difference between the times when I succeed and when I don't so I'm not sure what's wrong. Anyone know? Or can't you do it on really low tk's?

If you can Ensenga, then you can RC and airdash afterwards. The huge hitstop is probably messing up your timing. Try delaying your airdash slightly.

just recentlly playing Johnny out of boredome and stress ... i got some question about Mist cancel... is there any diference cancel speed on doing diferent version of MF? when i think about the s version that have the slowest start up is the easiest to use for my mist cancel gattling when i'm using other version i oftenlly blast out the mist finner when pressing O button with my middle part of thumb... do i'm doing the slowest mist cancel in a gattling? =|

The fastest you can Mist Cancel is determined by your Mist Level. Level 1 enters Mist Stance the slowest and Level 3 enters Mist Stance the fastest. Entering Mist Stance with Punch, Kick, or Slash doesn't determine the fastest you can Mist Cancel. You are correct, Slash Mist Finer is the slowest Mist Finer, but it still enters Mist Stance at the same speed as Punch and Kick. After entering Mist Stance, it is the slowest of the three to come out. A Mist Finer is: the time to enter Mist Stance, plus the time to Mist Finer. A Mist Cancel is: the time to enter Mist Stance, plus the time to cancel Mist Stance. As you can see, Punch, Kick, or Slash Mist Finer never comes in to play, when performing a Mist Cancel.