Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

It is true, that if you get counter-hit during your Mist Finer that you lose your level. But you are also in a counter-hit state for the entirety of your Mist Stance. Though you think you released, then got countered, what happened was: you got countered, then you released. And that is why you didn't lose your level, you didn't get countered out of Mist Finer; you got countered out of Mist Stance.

im sorry i dont look for these questions but #r stuff is hard to find. is there a post for old weight classes and juggles? i need to know the juggle for eddy/millia from 6K and a connected MFK2 thats too far to dbt~db

If you go digging around this site: ttp://f32.aaa.livedoor.jp/~kosugi/guilty/ggxxsharpreload.htm you'll find it. But you're in luck! Character weight has not changed since #r. You can just refer to the AC data we have on the site.

so if i find their weight i can look up weight juggles or is there char specific juggles (what determines this) i am needing 6k to go that extra mile so often my friends main millia/eddy so if u know any off hand :\ i just been using ks jksde, btw is there chars that i need to delay/mixup on cuz i miss it on jam and stuff

There's no weight-combos per se. Weight plus the character's hitbox are the two major factors that affect your combos. In this game, combos tend to be character specific. Sometimes a combo is broad enough to encompass a set of characters of a single generalization. Such as: male, female, lightweight, not-sol, etc. But even within these generalizations, a combo may have stricter timing or tighter spacing then other characters, due to each character's unique hitbox. So yeah, after a 6K, j.K-S>dj.K-S-D>Ensenga is fine. You might be able to do: 6K, j.K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga too, I don't remember. Not sure what you mean by "delay/mixup" can you elaborate?

ello! can anyone give me some tips of doing 6k mc iad consistently on stick? what kinda motion do u guys input to get the iad consistently? i am trying to do the fancy mf loop into coin iad ksd one-hit but i have no luck getting it down consistently due to inability to iad. secondly, is there some kinda visual cue u guys look for or hear that provide consistency for the 6h >> kjfrc combo in the corner? the best i can connect is 6h kjfrc js ensenga.. but i am looking to land the relaunch combo just like the one back in reload/slash... eg. 6h dbfrc j.hs, D, land blah blah into air combo. i am trying this combo on slayer..and will try working my way to the lighter casts eventually. and lastly, is the frc point for kjt >> kjfrc rit after JO draw his sword? i cant get it down consistently...yet. after looking at the frame chart the frc point seems to be 10-12f into the move...does anyone have a picture of jo during these frames? thanks,

and lastly, is the frc point for kjt >> kjfrc rit after JO draw his sword? i cant get it down consistently...yet. after looking at the frame chart the frc point seems to be 10-12f into the move...does anyone have a picture of jo during these frames?

It's just that this FRC is very hard to perform on string combo.

There are 3 important point :

-The KJT Cancel ( after HS/6HS/S ... )

-The Air KJ

-The FRC

This 3 points have to be performed on a little small interval.

If you do the second S too fast or too slow on 421S/S, the Air KJ don't out or don't connect.

In this situation, all can depend how you buff your input. And if you tap the Air KJ, you have a lot of chance to miss. Input has to be precise.

Plus, the delay for the FRC is hard and often a RC out.

For me, the harder moment is during the Air KJ because there are few frames between the two inputs of the S and if you push too fast the second S, the Air KJ will not out.

KJT>KJ's frc is a bit latter (by 1 frame, lol) then the air version of KJ. It's some what similar to air DB's frc.

ello, so i sank some time in training mode today. the frc point is indeed quite late when compared to dbt>dbfrc...dbfrc seems to be on hit whereas the kj seems slightly delayed perhaps its because it take longer for the move to come out. 6kmc iad combo is still such a pain in the ass to do... all that just for a one-hit. i dont see ppl using it that much perhaps because of the exact reason? ;D

just checking some reload stuff i saw in videos. -against a wall dizzy(i think) is just off the ground. jo connects h>coin, h>MFP. looks extremely guaranteed but the comp techs out at max every time in practice. -JO connect H>coin next to a ground opponent, hes able to dash up in time when the coin stuns to get a s,h string. cant do it in practice am i mistiming the dash or what :[ at what distance does the opp need to be? -i cant hit the FRC on DB by itself, its easy with dbt~db tho. i am using xbox and when i tried using 3 fingers i could do it every time -_- this scares me -am i seeing DBT(FRC)? jo uses a frc to cross the map in half a second thats all i meant by mixup, delay i meant just waiting to hit to make it connect easier like when they fall for mf2 kh dbt~db.

DBT>DB and air DB have different FRC points. DBT>DB is fast. Air DB is slow.

HS>Coin, dash, K; practice it from point blank. Do something like K-HS>Coin, dash, K-blahblah. Once you can get that down, you should be good to go, as far as timing everything right. After that, it's just recognizing that you're at the distance to do it. Connecting on a crouching opponent or hitting the HS on counter-hit will make it easier to do. Some characters will be harder (or just not possible) to do on.

all that just for a one-hit. i dont see ppl using it that much perhaps because of the exact reason? ;D

Me, personally? I don't really care for 1-hits anymore. And if I get one, I might not even mist. As you've already found, they can be hard to do. You sacrifice damage, and the mist setup afterwards is flaky. Sometimes you're spending 25% for the 1-hit, then another 25% just to insure your safety. Rather just try to create a funny tech situation.

Not quite what they use to be. Still handy to know, if you got the time to learn them. Especially for the characters you fight often, or for annoying matchups.

when mfp2 against a wall, coin mf2 is for medium and dash h>coin mf2 is for close range? or is it the other way around (#reload) my god i cant get the hs>coin dash k for my life. maybe the coin stuns longer than i realize? but he seems to have a good .2 seconds to recover before my kick gets in. even on the fastest input he seems to have time

messing around with mfp1 and mfp3 in practice. seems u can RC and get a j.s>e on mfp1 and j.d>e on mfp3 (super jump.d>e if you catch them at the height of the spell) is this guaranteed on most chars? seems really techy =) RC turns quarter life into half life with no other guaranteed dmg btw how is johnny going 3/4 the screen with a FRC on some dbt looking skill in reload

sorry to spam but i keep seeing msy do some DB looking skill, FRC right at the start and it sends him far across the screen. in a replay he uses it to HS them as they stand and are not expecting johnny to travel 1/4 mile into their face also, my best competitior uses ED and always flies around on me using kick to harass me while im on the ground. should i put less focus on coin > juggle against air happy ED and just spam MFP1? ps hes pretty good at juking so 6P doesnt work too well (but it could be my timing)

You're not spamming. It's just that your questions are about #r, and a lot of that knowledge has been lost and forgotten. Ask this same stuff 3 years ago and you'd probably get some quick replies.

sorry to spam but i keep seeing msy do some DB looking skill, FRC right at the start and it sends him far across the screen. in a replay he uses it to HS them as they stand and are not expecting johnny to travel 1/4 mile into their face

also, my best competitior uses ED and always flies around on me using kick to harass me while im on the ground. should i put less focus on coin > juggle against air happy ED and just spam MFP1? ps hes pretty good at juking so 6P doesnt work too well (but it could be my timing)

Thats the divine blade transport frc at the beginning. Do it like this divine blade S then frc with p k hs. Do not do the rc with pks because ive never been able to do it rofl. So divine blade and frc as soon as you input the S button press p,k,hs and you'll go woosh.

And lol at ED j.k. Reload eddie j.k was god. Wasnt this match up like 8-2 in eddies favor in reload?

I have a request, this is the situation i'm currently building blockstrings and mixups, along with some option selects for my johnny and I would like ou guys to put your input on them. So hopefully I can make them better and further increase my knowledge. #1 Coin > Opp. Blocks > IAD > J.K > J.P > J.P > Land > 5P > 66 > Grab In Corner: 2P can be added after 5p for more mixup purposes. #2 (Corner Only) Coin > Opp. Blocks > 66 > 5K > 2S > 236H > 6K (FRC) > Grab Or {6K (FRC) > 2D } To change up rhythm and scare opponent more keep yourself unpredictable. Those are the only two I have thought up so far, so tell me what you think and what could be used to make them better. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Kirah ! Random pointers : #1 - Before landing during the IAD part, you can try to end with a j.K or a j.S to put them in more blockstun therefore being able to link (either blocked or on hit) a 5P or 5K without being thrown or hit by fast moves (VV or OD). Depending on the char and your height/timing, j.S may whiff. - If you land close enough to them, instead of "land > 5P > 66 > grab", you can also do : "land > 5P > walk forward a little > grab". - 2P is not a low, you can't use that for mixup purposes.

A move doesn't have to be overhead, low, or a throw to be a mixup. You merely need variations to produce a mixup. He can use the 2P after the 5P to act as misdirection for his throw, after using the 5P then throw variation. For more variations, you can drop half the string and go for a throw right after the j.K. Or do a KJ(frc) off the j.K for a crossup variation. Or you can land and K-HS>Coin and reset the situation all over again. There are infinite possibilities. Keep a loose mind and think on your feet and you'll be able to create new variations on the fly as the situation calls for.

Thanks guys, I definitely will, i'm still working on some more strings this way I can keep my mind exercised and flowing. Thanks for the help you two. ^^

in reload i saw msy connect c.s, mfk2 very close range , 66, and instead of k hs he uses c.s hs into dbt~db(frc) juggle (if it makes a difference he did a jump install combo) why did he change k to c.s :| and why is he so sexy

I was wondering how many frames is Johnny's dash from the start till the canceling time (FD,attacks and excluding jump cancel). Any clues?