Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

never mind i found out. Makes his next mist finer attack unblockable.

Actually the name of the move you're talking about is called "Bacchus Sigh". Mist Finer is the sword attack input of 236, holding then releasing P,K or S.

I've got the nagging feeling I could find the answer to this question I'm about to ask if I kept looking, but frankly I give up... I've heard many times of that AC glitch that allows JO to do the Jackhound for free... but all I know that it has something to do with mist stance, I don't really know how it works. Could someone explain it to me?

the glitch is only in the japanese version of AC all the old talk about it seems to of gotten pruned. If I remember correctly, the motion is 2146HS while in miststance.

I don't play johnny and this may seem like a stupid question but I can't really get the frc timing for 421 s on the ground...i go to training mode, turn on the display and it show the point but when i do the frc at that point it still doent happen...I can do all his other frc's just fine but this one seems to elude me... is there a special input trick? (i-no has tons of these) so i was wondering if johnny has one for this frc cause i would like to do mid screen pressure involving kjt frc and meaty J.H :psyduck:

You can't do those particular FRCs with the Slash button. 421S and 623S FRCs have to be done with P+K+H.

ohhhh:psyduck::psyduck: it all seem so obvious now...:vbang:

and this is only cause of the follow up, right? the 421 s, s?

Hey guys, was watching some match vids and I saw something wierd. Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has an idea of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKq-uK5stg&feature=feedu_more

At 36:23 the Johnny player throws 2 coins, dashes in then does -something-, then goes into a 5k. What is that something? I thought it may have been a taunt canceled into 5k but Im just not sure? Probably isnt anything useful just kinda nagging at me since I saw him (or maybe it was the other White Johnny player earlier) do it once before. Thanks for any replys.

Hey guys, was watching some match vids and I saw something wierd. Figured I'd ask here and see if anyone has an idea of what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqKq-uK5stg&feature=feedu_more

At 36:23 the Johnny player throws 2 coins, dashes in then does -something-, then goes into a 5k. What is that something? I thought it may have been a taunt canceled into 5k but Im just not sure? Probably isnt anything useful just kinda nagging at me since I saw him (or maybe it was the other White Johnny player earlier) do it once before. Thanks for any replys.

That "something" was Johnny's Respect that was cancelled into 5k. It's a pure gimmick - something you'll rarely see outside of Japanese Johnny players.

That "something" was Johnny's Respect that was cancelled into 5k. It's a pure gimmick - something you'll rarely see outside of Japanese Johnny players.

Thanks, I wasn't planning to use it though lol. I figure at the level of play we have in michigan i'd just end up getting CH on the 5k from someone mashing out. Apprieciate the reply.

I have a quick question about Mist Canceling. Often times when I try to Mist Cancel a move, I'll cancel into coin instead. Am I hitting the button for Mist Finer to early, but my stick inputs are saved for when I try to cancel it with H? Or am I inputting H too fast? I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Sounds like you're going way too fast. Make sure you're hitting P/K/S before H, then once you consistently get the input you can try to do it faster.

I'm really not sure what would be 'best' to practice with, but 5H was my go-to for early Mist Cancel training. But really my best advice is to practice with a wide range of normals on each Mist Level respectively, that would probably provide the best results and sharpen your Mist Cancelling instincts and senses more. It will probably be frustrating, and keep in mind that it will take some time to be really good, but the payoff will feel great and I truly cannot stress enough how essential good Mist Cancelling skills are to playing Johnny.

Keep in mind that the timing for when you cancel out of Mist Stance will be sooner depending on which Mist Level you're at. The higher the level, the sooner you have the opportunity to cancel out of Mist Stance, and the quicker you will have to be with your cancel input to get the best possible Mist Cancel. The reason is because a greater Mist Level means it takes fewer frames to enter Mist Stance. You'll mainly want to focus on your cancels for Level 1 and Level 2 since you're going to spend the majority of your time at these two Mist Levels.

One more thing. Here is a trick to tell when you're doing the fastest possible (and therefore best) cancel for your Mist Level. If 5H>236[K]HS is the input you're using for a Mist Cancel, then instead of holding K until you press HS simply tap K to enter Mist Stance and then tap HS to cancel out of it *before* Johnny can perform a K Mist Finer. This means that if you do not press HS to cancel Mist Stance at the *very* first opportunity (the very first frame that you can input HS and cancel out of Mist Stance, which is dependent on Mist Level) then Johnny will perform Mist Finer instead of cancelling out of the stance. You probably shouldn't try to do this until you're at least comfortable with how quickly and consistently you're able to Mist Cancel.

I've recently decided that I want to main Jhonny instead of Sol (for being the most swagtastic man in the cast) but I only have the psp version of GG Accent Core, so what kind of things can/should I realistically practice frc timing comes to mind, but are there any other things.

I've recently decided that I want to main Jhonny instead of Sol (for being the most swagtastic man in the cast) but I only have the psp version of GG Accent Core, so what kind of things can/should I realistically practice frc timing comes to mind, but are there any other things.

I've actually never owned a PSP. What kind of limitations are you working with? What kind of difficulties do you have playing fighting games on the PSP?

In general my best advice for just starting off is familiarizing yourself with Johnny's normal moves. Knowing which ones to use at what time and why. At the same time, practice your Mist Cancels, they are *required* to play Johnny and hope to have a chance at victory.

If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to post something up.

I've actually never owned a PSP. What kind of limitations are you working with? What kind of difficulties do you have playing fighting games on the PSP?

In general my best advice for just starting off is familiarizing yourself with Johnny's normal moves. Knowing which ones to use at what time and why. At the same time, practice your Mist Cancels, they are *required* to play Johnny and hope to have a chance at victory.

If you have any questions or need any help, don't hesitate to post something up.

Well, now that it seems there will be changes in AC+R, might be better off with my old copy of #R for PC because I can use my arcade stick. On the PSP, the pad is worse than a regular PS2 pad. The only reason I decided to use the PSP version was because I thought it would be the same character. Now it seems like a better idea to see what I can transfer over from #R since the character will be different anyway. I know for sure I won't be doing much combo bracticing, but I could try learning mist canceling and the double hop thingy. Anything else, are #R Johnny's frcs any different from AC Johnny? Too my knowledge AC+R Johnny has all the same frcs as AC Johnny.

Well, now that it seems there will be changes in AC+R, might be better off with my old copy of #R for PC because I can use my arcade stick. On the PSP, the pad is worse than a regular PS2 pad. The only reason I decided to use the PSP version was because I thought it would be the same character. Now it seems like a better idea to see what I can transfer over from #R since the character will be different anyway. I know for sure I won't be doing much combo bracticing, but I could try learning mist canceling and the double hop thingy. Anything else, are #R Johnny's frcs any different from AC Johnny? Too my knowledge AC+R Johnny has all the same frcs as AC Johnny.

Well, I didn't really start taking the game seriously until I started playing AC so I don't actually know much at all about Johnny from #R. I'm fairly certain the timing for mist cancels, Divine Blade FRC, Mist Stance Jackhound and Mist Stance Dash Jackhound are the same. Those are all good things to practice that you can and should make part of your game.

Also, yes... the 'double hop' which you will usually see called Wave Dashing is a very useful tool to help Johnny feel less stiff. Wave Dashing is also especially useful since a lot of people don't see it very often at all, so it helps to add something to your game that most people won't be expecting.

Well, I didn't really start taking the game seriously until I started playing AC so I don't actually know much at all about Johnny from #R. I'm fairly certain the timing for mist cancels, Divine Blade FRC, Mist Stance Jackhound and Mist Stance Dash Jackhound are the same. Those are all good things to practice that you can and should make part of your game.

Also, yes... the 'double hop' which you will usually see called Wave Dashing is a very useful tool to help Johnny feel less stiff. Wave Dashing is also especially useful since a lot of people don't see it very often at all, so it helps to add something to your game that most people won't be expecting.

Practicing everything except Jackhound, which doesn't exist in #R (makes me kinda sad.) Thank you for your help

Practicing everything except Jackhound, which doesn't exist in #R (makes me kinda sad.) Thank you for your help

Herp derp ;_; I think Johnny picked up Jackhound in Slash, not #R. Sorry about that.

But yeah, all the other stuff should be good to practice on. Don't forget to spend time practicing mist cancels for mist Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 since the timing will be different. You'll probably want to practice Level 2 cancels the most, since you'll want to be at Level 1 as little as possible, and unless you're an unorthodox Johnny player you will rarely make it to Level 3 on purpose. Although honestly I recommend getting Level 3 cancels down *pat* if you can. Lots of potential there, and the vast majority of people who play against Johnny scarcely have to cope in a match against someone who is busting out Level 3 cancels reliably, so you'll have the added advantage of being less familiar.