Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

Herp derp ;_; I think Johnny picked up Jackhound in Slash, not #R. Sorry about that.

But yeah, all the other stuff should be good to practice on. Don't forget to spend time practicing mist cancels for mist Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 since the timing will be different. You'll probably want to practice Level 2 cancels the most, since you'll want to be at Level 1 as little as possible, and unless you're an unorthodox Johnny player you will rarely make it to Level 3 on purpose. Although honestly I recommend getting Level 3 cancels down *pat* if you can. Lots of potential there, and the vast majority of people who play against Johnny scarcely have to cope in a match against someone who is busting out Level 3 cancels reliably, so you'll have the added advantage of being less familiar.

Thanks for all the help. I'm practicing all I can, my friend play venom. so I'll need to be as good as possible to win!!

Since this is general and not only AC related,

I want to get some practice in for new Johnny, but Wii AC with a Wii remote is unplayable.

So I'm stuck with #R and it seems a lot has changed.

Can anyone just list a few decent #R Johnny B'n'Bs? Plus, is there really any big differences between AC and #R Johnny?

Thanx.

Since this is general and not only AC related,

I want to get some practice in for new Johnny, but Wii AC with a Wii remote is unplayable.

So I'm stuck with #R and it seems a lot has changed.

Can anyone just list a few decent #R Johnny B'n'Bs? Plus, is there really any big differences between AC and #R Johnny?

Thanx.

Big changes are new moves like Killer Joker and Jackhound. I'm also practicing in #R, I figured it'd be best just to learn stuff that hasn't changed. Like Mist Canceling (learn this first), Divine Blade FRC, Double Hop/ Wave Dash. I'm glad to see another new Johnny player too.

Yeah, no KJ or JH makes me sad =(

I do need to work on my DBFRCs though...

Great to see another as well! ^^

EDIT: Just realized that there was a #R discussion thread, I thought it'd be in the archives, but it's here.

Gunna' wiz through that for some #R Johnny goodness.

Yup, that would be it. Just, DB FRC doesn't work on everyone in AC and it's harder to set up.

I can't believe that in AC I am fairly good with him, but in Reload I'm abysmal. I just don't know what to do with him. Jackhound, KJ and, the most important for me, better Mist Finers really changed the game for me. He is more fun and like a 1000x better character to me (and D tier lol)

Yeah, no KJ or JH makes me sad =(

I do need to work on my DBFRCs though...

Great to see another as well! ^^

EDIT: Just realized that there was a #R discussion thread, I thought it'd be in the archives, but it's here.

Gunna' wiz through that for some #R Johnny goodness.

As I've been told countless times, Mist Cancels are most important, so keep that in mind.

EDIT: I almost thought DBFRC was a new Dragonball Anime, my brain is acting weird.

Dragon Ball Fried Rice Chicken?

I'm generally good on my MCs, lol Johnny can't MC his 6K in #R =(

MMF2/LMF2, dash, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga

Pretty much practicing this still I can do it consistently.

No pre-AC Mist Finer combos work anymore. And I assume this holds true in ACR. I don't think I read anything about them reverting his MFs. Though, comboing into a MF still works the same. 1-hit combos not involving MFs and DB work the same, aswell as his MC combos.

More of a universal question,

http://gg.mizuumi.net/index.php/Johnny

Is obviously now dead, and I was wondering if all the data was transfered to another wiki, etc.

It head really good information on it, iirc.

There's some good write ups of his normals and special on the DL wiki, but it's not complete. =)

Qwerty took what I had there and moved it to dustloop's wiki.

In fact, I believe the agreement was that once all the info was transferred over, mizuumi would drop their wiki. So all the other characters should be intact aswell.

I actually had to scour search caches to retrieve the Mizzumi page. I have the whole thing on my computer, which I'll have access to again in a week or so. I transcribed most of it already, though, and I wanted to make some changes as well.