Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

Combo question: j.HS, KJ FRC, DB FRC, ground or air follow up works on which characters? I saw and performed on Millia only, so I assume the lighter cast gets hit too oh, and does Johnny has any damaging options after dust besides j.HS, j.D, wait, KSKSDE or any air combo?

I'm not familiar with j.HS>KJ(frc), DB(frc), etc. I'll try fooling around with that next time I have some free time. I use j.HS>KJ(frc), HS, land, c.S/K-etc/makeup bullshit. You could throw in a KJ(frc), but I'm guessing you already knew that. Sorry, I only know the one you already got there, my old dust combo that did less damage, and a no damage 1-hit.

Thank you for the response 4r5! What is the no damage 1-hit after the dust?? (curious, lol) in fact I tested the combo in some chars today and: j.HS, KJ FRC, DB FRC, falling j.S, c.S, aircombo works on whole light cast and Venom j.HS, KJ FRC, DB FRC, falling j.S, 2P, c.S, aircombo, for medium and heavy cast damage is so-so for 50% tension, but there's a fairly good knockdown combo with this setup, and leaves in good distance for a mist trap (works in everyone, I believe): j.HS, KJ FRC, DB FRC, falling j.S, (2P), 5K, c.S, 5HS, DBT~DB (2P for heavy chars) damage is 220-ish KJT~KJ combos leads to nice midscreen to corner 1-hits (even on Sol!) Was it already JI'ed in Arcade??

Oh, come on guys. Quit complaining that KJT isn't auto JI. Jump installing in AC is braindead easy. Just try it. I've been doing 5k, 8, 2D, KJT>KJ, frc... or 5k, 8, 2D, DBT>DB... And it works. On a pad, at that.

What is the no damage 1-hit after the dust?? (curious, lol)

anywhere, on anybody

D>HomingJump>FD, j.D>Enkasu

You can sub out the FD for a doublejump.

MSDJH:

What BV said. An other way: 6236[P]6214D. the two bolded 6's become the input for your mist stance dash.

Oh, come on guys. Quit complaining that KJT isn't auto JI. Jump installing in AC is braindead easy. Just try it. I've been doing 5k, 8, 2D, KJT>KJ, frc... or 5k, 8, 2D, DBT>DB... And it works. On a pad, at that.

:( But I wanna do it on it's own...

Wasn't the auto-JIed part only the KJ after a KJT, and not the KJT itself ? There maybe some confusion here.

Yes Kadius, JI during gatling with :

- K, [8], HS, KJT

- c.S, [8], HS, KJT or even

- 6H, [8], KJT

is as easy as previous installment, but from a solo KJT (so also KJT > KJ), you have to input 427S, 42147S or similar motions with a proper timing (not getting a TK KJ or a super jump for instance), which is harder yet doable. I use the 427S one but my timing results in a SJI (only AD is possible after the FRC) and not a JI (JC or AD possible).

Oki on #R and Slash : JI DBT > DB mix-up/feint anyone ? I think it is what Kayin is referring to, solo-JI the KJT > KJ out of a gatling chain.

That also make JI on a HS, KJT > KJ > aircombo including a JC impossible while it is on the arcade version, and without particular input. Just an exemple, landing a 5H (not JCable) can normally lead to damaging coinless KJ aircombo thanks to that. Of course, you can also try a 5H > KJT > KJ > land > c.S > aircombo on some chars or even the 5H > MS~JcK then whatever you want, including a JI gatling to KJT > KJ (25% more Tension though), but not having the auto-JI puts some possibilities away.

You could have also tried KJT > KJ (auto-JI) FRC > jump to bait a DAA/Starship attempt or stuff like that.

Note that I don't use it that much, but just for the sake of being closest to the arcade version as possible, this missing feature has to be pinpointed. That is too bad ... but far from being dramatical.

No need for a mourning/ranting time, specially since we can't do anything about that anymore and are accustomed to the japanese console version where it already was missing. Now, we just go on and continue kicking ass with Johnny. :eng101:

Waraboushi, as a no-damage 1-hit, there is the 5D IAD j.D Ens too (midscreen). Spacing is important here since if you are too close, the ad.D will send the opponent backwards. You have to hit with the Dust from far enough, almost max range. If you don't perform the Ensenga, you can aircombo out of this Impossible Dust.

Damaging enough and tensionless 1-hit dust combo I always use that works on many chars (specially well with light and medium weight, don't remember on heavy), anywhere on the screen :

5D, [9], D, D, -9-, j.KPKPSD Ens (the one I use the most, specially midscreen but works on corner too)

5D, [9], D, D, -9-, j.KPKPKSD Ens (works better with opp. against the corner, less or no delay needed on the j.D > Ens)

No JC during this dust combo.

A lot easier if the opponent touches the corner during it, but doable midscreen nonetheless.

Can't make an exhaustive list of who it works against right now since I don't have access to the game.

The timing is tricky since it varies, depending on your opponent, your timing inputting the jump hits during the air combo (I have a special "rhythm" for this one) and the distance with the corner but it often works for me. You have to "feel" it, adapting by inputting a a j.P or a j.K as a combo filler to get the appropriate height, delaying more or less. Sounds weird, but that is one of the way I manage to get 1-hit, adapting on the spot.

EDIT :

On a side note about MSDJH, if you cancel it from a 6H and your execution is fast enough, you can just do :

6H, 236[P], 214D

The two bolded '6' (forward) resulting in the MS dash.

I noticed from starting position (reset in training mode), sometimes this input got me close enough to land a 5K after the JcK, sometimes too far away making it whiff. Maybe a wrong conclusion, but that looks like a MSJH and a MSDJH respectively.

Hence, as the '6' direction during the 236P motion seems to be active in getting the MS dash, it may be viable to perform :

236[P], 6214D

saving one "forward" direction at the beginning thus saving time and making it easier.

"May be" because I can't check it right now. Can anybody test and confirm it ?

hmmm.. that's kinda funny. at lvl1 only 6236[P]6 seems to work but at lvl2 or higher, 236[P]6 works fine shrug, I'll look into it more, latter

Thanks, that's good news ! I messed with it some time ago but totally forgot until seeing MSDJH being talked about. :v:

At level 1, it looks weird indeed.

Should 236[P]66 be the only way to have a lv1 MSDJH, it would have been logical since getting into MS on lv 1 takes 9 frames while lv2 and 3 are 6f and 4f respectively. The time elapsed between the two forward directions in the 236[P]6 motion (input as fast as possible) might have been greater than the buffer window hence the need of another forward to complete the MS dash motion (bolded part on the above inputs).

But 6236[P]6, now that is is odd. Which are the actual '6' making the MS dash ?

Maybe the dash is buffered a few frames before the MS then activated again thanks to the third forward direction ?

Note that buffering the JcK motion (214D) during the startup of MS is not possible. Or at least I don't manage to succeed. It seems during MS startup, no buffer is possible (try a lv1 MSJH done as quick as possible, it won't come out), BUT that the '6' before the [P] is accounted for since it is supposed to be pressed a the same time/a little earlier than the "beginning" of the MS startup.

Awww, this lv1 thingie is too confusing ! :vbang:

I'll give it a look as soon as I can too, at worst (and likely) Saturday.

Btw, out of curiosity, anyone knows how long is the buffer window ?

go into mistfiner stance. dash(66) jackhound while he is teleporting.

gotta do it pretty quick for it to work.

mist stance, 66, 214D right away

And in what kind of situations would you need to pull off something like this?

honestly not often. Miststance jackhound should be enough stagger and stun for almost all situations. Easiest time to do it though is mistfiner K level 2... as they are sliding. mistfiner p level 3 as they are falling. or after a forward Hardslash if you catch them while croutching. I personally almost never use it unless im being risky. Its so fucken fast and zips through projectiles that it catches people off guard.

Couldn't wait till Saturday ! :v:

MS Dash performed with 236[P]6 is viable for every level from neutral position (not after a gatling).

For lv1, there should be a delay between the first and the second "forward" direction. There is a specific timing to it.

As level goes up, this delay is shortened, you can input the second '6' earlier. Basically it means your execution window gets bigger making the timing easier, less strict.

At lv3, it is a real breeze.

But... if it is canceled from a gatling, since the MS is buffered, it messes up with the timing and end up being harder or maybe impossible to perform (depending on the level and your buffering timing).

Now, as for its usage, I sometimes perform MSDJH to get some extra distance where MSJH would have stopped right in front of the opponent without hitting. For instance for getting through projectiles or if a Testament plants a tree or sends an S EXE Beast (the one that comes from behind) while being out of MSJH range, thinking he is safe, and that you are fast enough, it helps closing the distance AND actually land a hit (or CH) into combo. But if you don't, you get tree bumped into hell combo, so that is risky indeed.

Anyway, EtherFang, you shouldn't spend too much time learning how to MSDJH if you are new to GGAC. ;)

It can be a great tool yet is not one of Johnny's most important, there are many others to learn first IMHO.

Against good players, catching them off guard (as they are not doing anything special) with any Jackhound tends to rarely work. JcK is not as fast as it seems because of its startup. This latter is "kinda" slow from neutral stance (both your opponent and you being in neutral), whichever of the three JcK types. That's why I mainly use it in a combo or if I spot (or predict) a hole, a move that can be CHed with this FB move.

When I have Tension to spent, I still do the JcK RC (front or back) every now and then for some quick finish/mindgame a la Slash (chipping or landing a hit, opp. confused on where to block), but that is more flashy than anything since it is way too much expensive for low reward IMO. Surely a bad Slash habit I need to put away.

Hey I have been trying to learn Johnny for the past month have afew questions. I have looked at the combo guide and since it is not done I was wondering what would be the best combos that work on everyone for the following: 6P/6K Combos Basic Coining Combos Basic MFLV1 Combos Basic MFLV2 Combos Basic MFLV3 Combos Basic Jackhound Combos I basically just took those from the faq. I would just like to take my Johnny further without waiting for it to be done, and I have tried to watch match videos but I think it is relativly safe to say most of those combos are character specific.

just wait till sat or sunday. Im gonna release a johnny combo tutorial video. Gonna have around 80 or so practical combos in different situations. I think about 75 of them lead to knockdown. mainly 1 hit enkasu. Though all combos will be done on aba for good reason cause it'll give you a general idea of how johnny combos work and have a character to practice on. With this you should be able to figure out all sorts of combos on different chars. :toot: on the side note... where is redbeard.. cant even contact him through aim And how do i become a mod for a board? Or should I just post combos in a seperate thread?

Yeah, the stickies could definitely use some updating/cleaning. Next week, hopefully (HOPEFULLY, don't hold me to this!) I will have some time to do some housework on this forum. Redbeard? Dunno what's up with him. He's a student also, so I think it's safe to assume he's caught up in projects exams, and other responsibilities. How to become a mod? Dunno. I was offered by G. Blood, which I declined and suggested RedBeard. Who then suggested me. And I was like, "Ok, fine." And now here I am. As for them combos, I don't have my stuff detailed and written out, like RB has. (Which I will need to get into the habit of doing, being JO mod and all, and being charged with keeping this place useful) I just try and make stuff up as the situation calls for. But, ...-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga - is pretty much the most damaging aircombo your going to get. ...-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), S>tj.S-HS-D>Ensenga - with Killer Joker. It doesn't matter what launcher, 6P, 6K, LMF2, HMF2, 2D>JH, or whatever, you essentially want to lead into a combo that looks like the above. Depending on the character/distance/space, you may need to add in a few extra punches and/or kicks before the j.S's. You may need to omit a j.HS or a j.D, or switch the dj.S-HS>KJ(frc) with a dj.K>KJ(frc). KJ(frc) follow ups, ...>KJ(frc), S>tj.S-HS-D>Ensenga - damage ...>KJ(frc), delay as much as possible, HS>DB - knockdown ...>KJ(frc), ad.K-S-D>Ensaku - 1hit in/near corner Basic Coin combos, P>Coin P>Coin, c.S>2D c.S>Coin HS>Coin - Very sensitive to distance. Tends to not combo on short/crouching characters. throw>Coin 2D(1)>Coin 2D(1)>Coin, K/f.S/HS-etc... - Light weight/big-hitbox chars where a coin does not hit them OTG can often follow up the coin. Extra ones I like to do, 2D(1)>Coin, Dash This is for characters who a plain old 2D(1)>Coin(otg) does not work, because the Coin whiffs past them. Dashing immediately after throwing the Coin will push their body for the Coin to hit OTG. 2D(1)>Coin, dash, Coin 2D(1)>Coin, Coin MF1 combos, Not many. In the corner, 2D(1)>HMF1, sj.K/j.K-S>dj.S>Ensenga CH f.S>LMF1 CH HS>LMF1 f.S>MMF1 HS>MMF1 2D(1)>MMF1 MF2 combos, ...>LMF2, c.S>jump into aircombo... ...>LMF2, jump into aircombo... ...>HMF2, jump into aircombo... in/near corner, ...>MMF2, dash, 6HS>Coin, HMF2, aircombo in/near corner, ...>MMF2, dash, 6HS>JH, Mist/Combo in/near/far corner, ...>MMF2, dash JH, Mist/Combo MF3 combos, 2D>MSJH, 2P-K-HS>HMF3, Coin, MSJH ...>MMF3, Coin ...>MMF3, MSJH, Coin>Combo Jackhound combos, As you can see they are intermixed above. Additionally, The Gameplay Specifics thread has info on what follow ups you can do after each JH and how much stagger is needed to escape. Basically anything lv3 shake or above is practically guaranteed. Goodnight, no proffreading this post. going straigh to bed.

I didn't see on there anything like Corner MF2 -> Coin -> MSJH -> Mist. I tend to like these a little better then the damage option just cause I never felt the damage option was that great (seemed to scale pretty bad). So are there any worth to the about mentioned mist setup? :O

This is a badass one.. opponent in corner k,hs mistfiner level 2 throw coin, IAD p,k,d enkasu 1 hit... land mist repeat no tension and as many reps as you have coins or the opponent does burst / uppercut :vbang: