Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

@Mitsurugi Yeah, i can kjt now. But still more practice cause i cannot continue air combo after KJ frc from KJT. Can you give me something tips how to do MC fast? I usually do spam HS after hold MF.

Can you give me something tips how to do MC fast? I usually do spam HS after hold MF.

Buffer the Mist Stance before the move hits, to ensure that you cancel out of the normal as fast as possible. Then, to cancel out of the Mist Stance as fast as possible, use when the move connects as a reference point to time your Stance cancel. Timing varies from normal to normal, and if the move hits or is blocked.

Execution wise, there isn't much that can be said. Being fast enough to buffer before the move hits just takes practice. Getting the timing for the fastest possible Mist Cancel is also practice. There is no shortcut to skill, you just have to practice. I would also suggest you refrain from mashing, so that you can learn the timing faster.

Stay away from mashing for stuff involving a specific timing. You usually won't get the fastest timing no matter *how* quickly you mash. Sure, mashing might get you results, but those only last until you meet someone who has their game down. Once you have it down to pressing the button just once when needed, you'll notice your flow will get much better, because you don't have that moment of "mash mash mash!" when everything is up in the air. Keep it cool, and keep it under control.

Hey guys I'm needing a little info here. Can you do a combo from the midscreen with Johnny's air throw? And is their anyone out their that can just air throw with ease? I can only catch it off of pure luck.

Oooo so i need more practice O_o Another question: What's different when we do a combo use MSJH and JH? Where is better?I'm confuse with this MSJH. 6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, KJ(Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, j.D, Ensenga. This combo give most dmg for your opponent @_@

Never do a MSJH unless your mist level is at Lv2 or 3. At Lv1 entering mist stance and then performing a JH is too slow, and just performing a regular JH outside of mist stance is a better option. So for the combo you mentioned, just land a coin to get Lv2, and then connect with a 6H. Once the 6H hits, enter mist stance with 236K/P/S and then perform 214D quickly so that you do a MSJH. After that it's just a matter of hitting the FRC and following through with the air combo. Hope this helps.

Oooo so i need more practice O_o

Another question:

What's different when we do a combo use MSJH and JH? Where is better?I'm confuse with this MSJH.

6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, KJ(Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, j.D, Ensenga.

This combo give most dmg for your opponent @_@

If you can use all the time the MCJH, make it, but in the AC, the MSJH is not very usefull except some particular combo.

But you must note that you have a benefit of few frames after the MSJH's Hit and the opponent loses few frames on his recovery. On light char like Millia who have a fast recovery, it's very recommended to use the MCJH.

camo: u mean.. becuz MSJH comes out faster u catch the guy sooner and therefore u have more untech frames to work with for combos? for light cast its definitely a good idea to substitute all the jh into msjh. example of such being baiken's coinjack setup.. its more lenient to hit than normal jh---where timing is crucial. question: how do u perform a jump off a tk dbt > db frc or kjt >kjfrc...the concept should be the same; to jump install by ending the motion in 9 or 7 depending on direction faced..but i can only get a dash out of it.....unless this is more to do with SUPER JUMP tk? in this case can someone enlighten me with the input? thanks in advance,

If you can only airdash after a "JI" DBT/KJT it means you didn't JI'ed it but SJI'ed (Super Jump Install) instead. Indeed, after a jump, you can JC or AD but after a super jump, you can only AD. Try inputting the whole JI DBT/KJT slower or tap the "up-forward" or "up-backward" direction later so that the "down" direction is emptied from the buffer hence no SJ. The inputs differ from a player to another as shown in previous topics about JI DBT. I tend to go for 629S/427S (IMHO easier to SJI, harder to JI), 6239S/4217S or 6238S/4218S but I have a friend who uses something like 62369S or 42147S. Whichever suits you. Timing is the key for this JI. Yup, for light cast, MSJH allows either a knockdown or to follow the combo with c.S > blabla (where blabla is coin, JC combo, (JI) HS > DBT~DB etc.). If you don't, most of the time they will be able to tech before hitting the ground or before your juggle connect.

An example of DB auto-JI uses for mix-up. Midscreen : Opponent in guard : DBT~DB FRC > IAD before landing > jP > jK > Land > Combo Opponent in guard : DBT~DB FRC > IAD before landing > Cross up jK > ...Combo Opponent in guard : DBT~DB FRC > IAD before landing > Land > 2S > HS ... Opponent in guard : DBT~DB FRC > Land > 2S > HS ... Opponent in guard : KJT FRC up to the opponent > Back AD > jHS > Air KJ FRC > jS > Dj > jS > jD > Ens Opponent in guard : KJT~KJ FRC > Back AD > jHS > Air KJ FRC > jS > Dj > jS > jD > Ens

@Camo: that should be called trick. @Xaphiel: I don't know if mist level at 2 or 3 make MSJH fast. Thanks for the tips. Question: When we do MF lv 2 or 3 need RC? Give me a basic combo use this? Do MF lv 2 or lv 3 RC good or not?(I never know people use this combo but MF lv 2 can be RC)

@Xaphiel: I don't know if mist level at 2 or 3 make MSJH fast. Thanks for the tips.

Question: When we do MF lv 2 or 3 need RC? Give me a basic combo use this? Do MF lv 2 or lv 3 RC good or not?(I never know people use this combo but MF lv 2 can be RC)

The higher your mist level, the faster Johnny can enter mist stance, and so the quicker you can perform a MSJH. At level 1 you enter mist stance too slow, and thus MSJH becomes a very unattractive option.

There's no practical reason to RC or FRC a MF. You can, if you work it right, catch your opponent after any lv2 MF without any form of cancel.

can you really catch someone after K MF lvl2 without FRC outside of the corner? I haven't seen it done. Even with the FRC the timing is extremely strict.

yea timing is hard :( . i rather spend that 25% pushing someone into the corner via throw combo into kjfrc ad blah blah.

can you really catch someone after K MF lvl2 without FRC outside of the corner? I haven't seen it done. Even with the FRC the timing is extremely strict.

It's possible without FRC/RC.

MF-K(2) > KJT~KJ FRC (Delay) > Land > S© > Air Combo

You can combot as far as the KJT's reach permit it..

You have to note that the KJ make Johnny moves a bit more forward during the KJ.

So the global Reach : KJT reach + KJ reach

I have a question, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it in the thread :psyduck: Johnny's pressure strings using MC followed by a forward dash and an attack then repeat. Basically my problem is that after I forward dash to attack I seem to be always hit out near the end of the dash. It feels very slow between the time before I can attack again and after the MC. What is wrong with me orz.

if u are always hit-out during dash u might wanna consider varying up your approach a bit...ie, walk up after mc.. or mc into nothing and bait counter hits. try buffering the dash during mist canceling...just before u get of the kamae stance prepare yourself to dash. anyhow,here is something i came across that i thought might be useful involving fd dashing after mc. instead of using ps or ks to fd go into mist stance with p..then hold pk together while pressing hs...and input the fd dash motion. this method really helped me getting the fd dash out as soon as JO mist-cancels. Might be cool to play around with that to gain extra pressure after mc.

There's an easier way to do that, JOFan. Example: 5H > 236K (HOLD) > H (HOLD) > 664646 That way all you're holding is K + H, instead of P + K + HS.

So, what do you generally do after mist cancel? dash and keep pressuring? But I don't know why but dash - whatever option seems really slow and looks like it has a lot of holes at low level MF(I get countered a lot...) So, do I mix up with between coin and dash? Throwing coin out seems really expensive price to pay to keep the pressure... Any other options that I should know about?

Being able to dash back in after a Mist Cancel has a lot to do with distance or intimidation.

In the same way that a Sol player could VV every little thing someone does, but yet it never happens. After a Mist cancel, a Sol could potentially hit your dash every single time, using any number of moves. But this doesn't happen. Why? Because you are not predictable. You don't dash after every single Mist Cancel. What if I throw out a K? The Sol player would get CH'ed if he was trying to hit my dash. What if Sol reversal VV's my K? Well what if I just block for a bit before trying anything?

Perhaps it would help your understanding if you think of Mist Cancel as a baiting tool, rather then a pressure tool. It's true, Johnny's pressure is full of holes. Unlike, say, Venom or ABA, Johnny isn't built for tight pressure. Johnny is built more for baiting and punishing mistakes.

After a Mist Cancel, Johnny has frame advantage and is in a neutral state. If you look at it from your opponent's perspective: After a Mist Cancel, I'm stuck in block stun and Johnny is ready for anything. You have all your options available to you and your oponnent's options are limited.

Mist Canceling produces an advantageous situation for you, but it doesn't give you so much advatage that you can just freely rushdown. It's just enough that your opponent isn't quite sure if what he's about to do is the right thing to do, if your opponent does anything at all.

Anyways, you can dash after a MC because you are either too far away for them to do anything about it or they were expect you to do something else.

Ah...thank you for clarifying. I always was in rush to do MC as fast as I can and dash - repeat so I can crank up the guardguage...I guess I was wrong. Thx.

i am stuck. how does one do normal mc into controlled wave dashing? like say.. if i want 2 fd dash after mc... 66464646 while doing fd?