Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diveman

[CS1] Litchi Changelog

New UFO vids show that green Litchi player finishing corner combos with 6C[1hit], TG, j.C Kote4, dj.D Glad to see that cuz i noticed some of the smaller characters the OTG ItsuuC, j.C finisher was inconsistent. The j.C would sometimes whiff

Why ppl would drop her since she good is beyond me. I don't mind if she becomes top. I like her playstyle. I don't mind the bandwagon ppl. Differientiate yourself by your playstyle and not necessarily your character. Among the many Litchi players, be the smarter Litchi player. Show them what you already have experienced with this character. I am going with Litchi(main), Bang, and Tsubaki. Tsubaki looks interesting. She has fast moves. Although I am a beta in BB in general. i do know some basic things of the game. I don't post here much as I didn't like GG like games at first but I like them nowadays.

Its funny how I stopped playin Rachel to pick up Litchi it CT. And now reading this thread and watchin vids, its apparent how good she has become and how bad Rachel has become it CS. My how the fighting game world works in your favor sometimes.

HAI GUYES SUM1 TOLD ME THT LICHEE WAS S TIER IN THIS NEW GAEM SO I AM GOINGT O PLAY HER ONLY ON THAT MERIT PLS TEACH ME LORD_NITE TNKS

Its funny how I stopped playin Rachel to pick up Litchi it CT. And now reading this thread and watchin vids, its apparent how good she has become and how bad Rachel has become it CS. My how the fighting game world works in your favor sometimes.

its ok, youre a tier whore and are terrible at video games

you don't have to lie to internet strangers about it

its ok, youre a tier whore and are terrible at video games

you don't have to lie to internet strangers about it

So I'm terrible at video games because I stop playin top to play mid and it juss so happens that the character that I switched to might be top in the next game...:?:

Can somebody tell me who this guy is...?

Sorry to get off topic but I had to call this bum out...

So I'm terrible at video games because I stop playin top to play mid and it juss so happens that the character that I switched to might be top in the next game...:?:

Can somebody tell me who this guy is...?

Sorry to get off topic but I had to call this bum out...

A successful troll.

Why ppl would drop her since she good is beyond me. I don't mind if she becomes top. I like her playstyle. I don't mind the bandwagon ppl. Differientiate yourself by your play and not necessarily your character.

Among the many Litchi players, be the smarter Litchi player. Show them what you how you already have experienced with this character.

Is all that really needs to be said on the matter.

we should go back to only posting litchi info in the litchi info thread.

THIS

also, shouldnt we have an specific thread for BB:CS litchi videos? or should all the new visd just be posted in the old video thread?

Lol, Litchi vs Tager in CS air combo jBCB djBCB haku chun . 4D combo: 4D > air hatsu land haku > combo! also saw 5B 2C 6D (2) 5B > etc. Not sure what the damage is like compared to ippatsu or if its better to do at certain spots on the screen. Mostly taking notes for myself 'cause I'm gonna play CS for the first time this weekend.

Is it not possible for Litchi to end her BnB's in Distortion drives? I don't see peepz doing it. =/

Situationally dependent. There doesn't seem to be a point in doing super lockdown unless your target is in the corner (even then there is still a dependency on combo starter, which may or may not allow the litchi player to have staff at the correct location/on her). Litchi can do good things with RC too so the player usually are selective in when they blow their meter. Regular staff projectile is also a good movement limitation tool so Litchi never really has to completely forfeit control. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was referring to minimal dmg with say... ~30 hit typical Litchi combo. Ending in some kind of super would increase her DMG.

I was watching this video and noticed Litchi doing BnB and keeping 100% heat. & it occurred to me I've yet to see a Litchi end in Distortion Drives.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9288177

I think it's better to just hold onto meter and/or do reset super since the match-up is tager (ie stationary target)? For more general cases, the only super that seems probable with high hits seems to be all green, which has fairly low min dmg I believe. If it's for the kill I'm sure they'd go for it if they can, but generally I don't think holding onto meter hurts litchi's game. Edit: I think I saw the combo you are talking about. I don't think it's possible to stick do a super and have it connect at any point in the end.

Litchi can pretty much always extend her combos with Daisharin, but as for the actual minimum damage, it would be fairly difficult to determine unless you try to have Daisharin hit in a certain way where you have all five (six) hits combo into one another, which is something you probably wouldn't normally do. I'll look into it someday but for now I'd venture the guess that it's somewhere around the typical 500-700 minimum DD damage since corner Daisharin extension after one of her long combos can actually finish someone with about 500 visible hp left with the help of some normals.

So what normal would you end with to go into daisharin? I'm guessing it's 6CC (as staff is coming back to you?), knockdown into daisharin? It doesn't seem possible to link if the hits are 25+ or so.

Yes, after 6C+staff return knockdown you can go into Daisharin in the 3 direction to pick them up. In the corner I have seen B&B...>6C>Daisharin(333333)>IAD (you should be airborne after Daisharin) j.B>j.C>land>Chun (maybe tk?)>Chun>staff falls>6C>3C. Going off of memory, feel free to correct me. This nets her around 6k damage + knockdown with staff set in 2D position for oki. I wish I had the video but I don't feel like wading through links atm. I was informed Daisharin combos work midscreen as well with a different combo for Litchi, mostly involving j.C's and Chuns to dribble the opponent back down to the staff super. At any rate, I -sometimes- don't understand why Litchi holds on to 100% meter but most of the time it's because her supers are only situationally useful. Daisharin - Situationally useful for control, but most characters have metered options that will punish random Daisharin activation. Jin can wave super, Tao can 214214B, Bang can run super if you do it point blank, Nu can arrow super, Litchi can Ryuuiisou or activate her own Daisharin, Tager can situationally spinny super, doing it against Hakumen puts both characters at a high-risk/high-reward situation. Granted, there are many opportunities when Litchi can freely Daisharin but there are times she needs to respect the opponent and refrain from doing it. Kokushi Musou - Setups for this (especially in CT) were 99% all gimmicks that could be tech-rolled out of. There are some pretty legitimate-looking setups in the corner now with Kokushi in CS with the ender: IttsuC>6C(2hits)>6Kote>back dash>wait. If they roll they'll be placed point back for you to pressure, if the quick-tech you can Kokushi. But even this can be jumped out of under certain situations. To be honest, the only Kokushi setup I see that gets full respect is air CH Tsubame 25% away from the corner>Kokushi. Furthermore, like Daisharin, some opponents have metered options against Kokushi setups so there are situations where it's better to simply not do it. Ryuuiisou - Actually, this is a good super. The fear of having 50% is often scarier than the super itself. Blah blah blah I talk too much.

Off of CH with staff it's usually 5k since you can go into 5Bor5Cor2C>IttsuA. The combo can be very hard to get into (and often times not possible) if you clip them with the tip of the super midscreen non-CH while they are grounded. The opponent is more floaty on CH so it open doors for follow-ups, but follow-ups are not always guaranteed depending on character, screen position, and whether you have your staff or not. Follow-ups also become easier if you clip them while they are midair (for instance while they are IADing) since it adds height to their wall bounce. Basically the return varies between just the super to 5k+oki.

Edit: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9159066 Litchi midscreen Daisharin combo starts around 10:00. He misses the finish but the important part is all the stuff before that. He does it again later but screws up. I'll see if I can't find the other videos where the combo actually finishes.

I was referring to minimal dmg with say... ~30 hit typical Litchi combo. Ending in some kind of super would increase her DMG.

I was watching this video and noticed Litchi doing BnB and keeping 100% heat. & it occurred to me I've yet to see a Litchi end in Distortion Drives.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9288177

You must have missed a bunch 'cause there are plenty of vids of Litchi adding DD at the end of combo. Either for pressure or to add more damage.

It's generally better to use that meter for mixup rather than damage. Daisharin having slower startup didn't really help either :/