Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[CF] Mai Natsume Gameplay Discussion

It's 25 frames but I don't think people are anti-airing it on reaction.  when I throw in cmd dashes and 5ACA and 5AC RC, it opens up the overhead kick more.

That's a point, should use that more.
I'm messing around a lot with 2BC>236>236>214>214> to pop over people's heads for a 50/50 crossup/notcrossup 214A as they tech. I think it might also catch rolls but I'll need further testing.

5A4['B'] is instant stance with no kick....

you can fake the B kick straight into overhead.
You can also do it on her 5BB
which gives us an actual safe meaty setup?

doesn't seem like 5B is meaty enough or the b stance activates fast enough for it to work meaty. it does give us a safe roll catch OS though... which unfortunately doesn't convert into anything unless you commit to the second b....

oh well still a very useful way of getting straight into guard stance

So when I first bought Mai, me and a friend were trying stuff out with the dlc characters.

One of the things i did was 236C into an air grab. 

This could be a great mixup for people not expecting it, but it could be just a coincidence that i managed to grab him. I haven't been able to test it. Just thought it would be interesting to note.

Does anyone know what the earliest frame on which we can cancel into the next VA action on whiff is? Something like the first active frame?

So I was watching some match videos and also doing a little labbing and found you can get a safejump j.c when you end corner combos with 5AAA. Don't know if this works on all dps but still pretty neat!

Also you get a mixup after 5AC gets blocked. You can either finish the string with A and get an overhead, or go into crouchdash 2A for low.

Now if they mash during your crouchdash, you can do 236B to blow up mashers.

I'm pretty sure this strat could get dp'd but i wanna see if i can use 214 to maybe bait those...