Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zaknod

Dashing on 360 controller

Hello guys!

I recently started playing BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, and it is my first fighting game ever, so I had some trouble learning it, but one thing that I can't solve, even after 30 hours, is using the dash.

As far as I understand, you have to input the same direction twice (either 44 or 66), and then your character performs a character-specific dash. The difficulty I'm having is that I can't consistently do that.

I'm using a 360 controller, and I use the left stick for character movement, but I can't perform a dash on it, almost at all. I can 50%-50% dash on the d-pad. My questions are:

-Should I use the d-pad for movement? (really uncomfortable)

-Should I use the d-pad especially for dashing? (having to switch is really sluggish)

As far as I'm aware, the dash should be used as a quick movement option, for dodging or engaging.

-Is there any trick to quickly and reliably perform a dash? (Using a 360 controller)

I was thinking about making a 4 input, and then "flicking" the stick to 1 and then to 4 again, but I can't get that to work, either.

Thanks for the help in advance!

You want to make sure the analog returns to a non-adjacent position or returns to neutral position (5) between your 66 or 44. So doing something like 414 will not result in a backdash and likewise 636 would not grant a forward dash. 

If you are having issues with consistency, it may be that you are not letting the analog move back into place before attempting to press 6 or 4 again. When you play do you have the input display option enabled in Training Mode? If not, turn it on and verify that when you attempt to dash that two arrows show up. 

I have always preferred analog over d-pad on Xbox due to the positioning being more natural, though I never really had any issues with consistency on the controller's end.

I turned input display on, and whenever I try to dash, the two arrows do show up. I tried letting it go back to the neutral position, and even though I don't feel like I'm doing anything differently, it only works 10% of the time. I'm not sure if I'm too slow or too quick? 

Also, on a different note, I see carl players move ada without moving carl, how can one do that?

There is no too quick. If the two arrows show up, then you can't go too quickly. Too slow is a possibility, though CT was a fairy lenient game, if I remember.

Ultimately, it's hard to really determine what the issue is without seeing you attempt to dash. If you double tap 4 or 6 quickly it should result in a dash. There's no more trick to it than most things. If you have a way to capture your gameplay, it'd be easier to try and figure out what the problem is.

As for Carl, a variety of things could be happening. They could be taunting while moving Nirvana, they could attacking while moving her, they could be doing a move where she independently moves such as Fuoco or Anima, or they could be crouching and moving her with 1 or 3. If Carl is in neutral, he should not be able to move Nirvana without himself moving as well.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong then. What happens is my character takes two quick babysteps to the direction I want to dash, but refuses to dash.

I will record myself trying to dash with the input display on, but that might just happen on Monday, since I'm going away for the weekend. If I have time to do it today, I will do it, though.

I didn't know that you can move her when you attack, or about the crouching thing, so that is it probably! I feel a bit stupid now. :D

Thanks for the help, and I will get back with the footage as soon I can!

Yeah only thing you can do is keep practicing on the joystick till you can get it. I know I had the same problem at first starting out. Chaoschao222 really explained it the best way anyone really can.