LunaKage

[CF] Noel Vermillion Q&A Thread.

Ask questions about CF Noel here. No question is too dumb. Unless it's not gameplay related, then it's dumb.

If not asking a question, feel free to answer some questions, help out your fellow Noel. We're all suffering here together.

What is the purpose of 4D?

Are 6D and 2D set up to actually dodge attacks (6D seems to dodge overheads still)? Is the gameplan supposed to be to use those moves to weave into an attacking opponent?

1 hour ago, Arcus Diabolus said:

So what about Noel's heavy punish options? Can she still combo out of CH 5C>214A>5B>5C?

Looking at the Combo thread the combo apparently found for CH punish is:

On 9/8/2016 at 1:49 PM, eLPointe said:

-Counter Hit- 5C>214A>2B>6C.2D>D.6A>D.5C>22BC>66~6C>5D>D.6A>D.5A.D.6B>D.2D>J.214C>J.2C (4K/29H)
-Counter Hit- 5C>214A>2B>6C.2D>D.5A>D.5D>22C>66~6C>5D>D.5C>D.5A.D.6B>D.2D>J.214C>J.2C (4.2K/30H)

3 minutes ago, Shadowfury333 said:

Looking at the Combo thread the combo apparently found for CH punish is:

CH 5C>214A>2B>6C.2D>D.5A>D.5D>22C>66~6C>5D>D.5C>D.5A.D.6B>D.2D>J.214C>J.2C (4.2K/30H)

I suppose thats good enough for now. Not as huge as a 5.2k combo like I'm used to, but it gets the job done. Can she go into that combo from anytime she lands a 214A or no?

Also, I noticed CH 5D (OD or otherwise) combos aren't present in that list. Is there a reason for that? Its still fatally counters if my memory is not junk, right? (Granted, I know full well its not great for CH, but it still has its uses, at least in CPEX)

That list seems to be incomplete (for one thing no corner combos), so there might be a CH 5D. As for 214A that is pretty much the followup, no part of that post 214A combo requires the increased hitstun from counterhit.

I'm personally still trying to figure out if Optic cancels are still useful. I've seen them in a couple combo demo videos, but it seems to be very specific.