Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Es Combo Thread

*Banner Pending*

Notation:

>: Cancel
|>: Link After landing from Aerial Move
J: Jump
DJ: Double Jump
SJ: Super Jump
AD: Air Dash
IAD: Instant Air Dash
JC: Jump Cancel
SJC: Super Jump Cancel
CH: Counter Hit
FC: Fatal Counter
RC: Rapid Cancel
[ ]: Hold Input
DMG: Damage
CT: Crush Trigger
ODC: Overdrive Cancel
EA: Exceed Accel

Combo Format

The combos are written in this format: Combo (Damage, Heat gain/Heat used)

BBCP_Info_Bar_c02.png

Mid-screen:
A normal

B normals

C normals

Drives

Specials

Throw

Air Throw

BBCP_Info_Bar_c03.png

Corner:
A normal

B normals

C normals

Drives

Specials

Throw

Air Throw

overdrive4.png

Overdrive Combos:
A normal

B normals

C normals

Drives

Specials

Throw

Air Throw

My day 1 scrub combo. Feel free to post some better  stuff.

no meter med screen B&B

5B, 2B, 5C, 3C, 214C, 214C

no meter med screen 100% HP start Overdrive combo (i.e. good for first round immediate active flow)

5B, 5C, 6C, OD Cancel, 5C, 6C, 5D, 6B, A+B+C+D (3099 damage)

EX stocked med screen (prep 214D)

5B, 2B, 5C, 6C, 623C (EX) jD, land, 5B, 2C, HJC, jBB, JC, J.BC-j2BBB (3232 damage)

Corner no meter

5B, 5C, 3C, 214C, 214C,   5B,5C,2C,    HJC,   jBC, j2BB, jBB,   JC,    jBC, j2BBB (3070 damage) 

Crouching foe only med screen no meter

5B, 5C, 6C, 5D, 214B (hold and charge), 5B, 5C, 3C, 214C, 214C (3130 damage)

regular grab, 5B, 5C, 2C, HJC, jB,B, jC, jBC,j2BBB

Back Grab, 214B (Hold and charge) 5B, 5C, 3C, 214C,214C 

Are these universal combo or on some chars it doesnt work? i'm failing on the small characters like Carl. (the 5B,6B,214C, 2A,5B,3C,5D etc. the 3C whiffs) 

13 hours ago, drzero7 said:

Are these universal combo or on some chars it doesnt work? i'm failing on the small characters like Carl. (the 5B,6B,214C, 2A,5B,3C,5D etc. the 3C whiffs) 

Some of her combos such as the 3C > 5D > 214 loop are highly character specific.

Some AA combos Sugi tweeted

AA CH 6B > jc j.D > 5B > 3C > 5D > 214[ B ] |> microdash 5B > 3C > 6D > jc j.BB > (6D Crest Hits) > j.D > land rejump j.C > falling j.D (whiff)
Higher Up Video Example - https://twitter.com/sugi_vs/status/784638312875118592
Low to Ground Video Example - https://twitter.com/sugi_vs/status/784638793634709504
Damage: 2977
Notes:
If you hit them high up, you need to hit them with j.D at the peak of your jump
If you hit them lower to the ground, you need to hit them with falling j.D 

AA CH 2C > (Delay) 5D > 214 [ B  ] |> microdash 5B > 3C > 6D > delay jc. j.C > (6D Crest Hits) > j.D > 6C |> microdash 6C > 6D > delay jc j.C > j.D > 3C > 214D or OD >  6C > 6D > 632146A > land 6C > 632146C
Video Example - https://twitter.com/sugi_vs/status/784674999642710016
Damage: 3743 (5975)
Requires: Burst and 100 meter for optional ender
Notes: 
Depending on the height you hit the opponent at, you might have to delay 5D. 

3 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

We still don't have universal bnbs?

It was to my understanding that you can do the first part of the loop once and then just end in either a j.D setup or knockdown with 214Cx2 for Bors.

Also, not sure if it's just me messing up.. but this loop doesn't work fully when i try to do it when the super is done alone. 

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been so absent from the board recently. Too many things to get done with CF release, keeping track of new Es developments and building resources @.@

Anyway, I've been compiling some of the Es combos that have really caught my eye in this combo guide in case you guys are searching for combos. When we have a more final list of combos to go for, I'll start putting them on the combo section of her wiki page. 

http://www.evernote.com/l/AnAYjT1cNe9AWoapDePcJ6U1AC1vJRsJnGs/

3 hours ago, just some guy said:

Can I get some tips on timing her 6D>j.C>j.D routes? Is there a trick to it, or is it just muscle memory?

Copy and pasting from the helpful tips and info section of the combo guide to save me time ^,^

6D > delay jc j.C > (6D Crest Hits) > j.D

A very common combo piece in current Es combo theory so lets go over all the gritty details on how to do it properly.

First, you need to delay your jump cancel from 6D for two reasons. The first is to give 6D's crest more time to activate. The second is to get the right jump arc for this part. Ideally, when you jump cancel, you should do a rising j.C and then do a slight delay cancel into j.D so that you have the whole falling portion of your jump to get j.D out.

The slight delay cancel into j.D also serves 2 purposes. The first is to make sure you don't accidentally erase 6D's crest as you're placing j.D's crest, which would prevent 6D's crest from activating and make the combo drop. The second is to make j.D hit lower to the ground. This will give you more time to link whatever you need to after landing.

Just want to point out 2 interesting combo variations from the recent Takahiro (Es) vs Shino (Noel) FT5 that I forgot to point out

The first is a small tweak to CH AA 6B > jc delay j.D. If you change the jump cancel delay with an IAD, you can make thiscombo  side swap.

The second is a variation on the air combo route involving j.2BB |> j.BB. Depending on your height, if you change the link from j.2BB so that you do j.2BB > j.C > j.2BBB instead, you can get a better knockdown situation for yourself.

On 07/10/2016 at 10:09 PM, Monarch said:

Some of her combos such as the 3C > 5D > 214 loop are highly character specific.

I'm a noob but I can't get the 214B back to 3C to work even on Ragna in the evernotes basic throw combo. Is there some magic behind it? I'm trying different delays to no avail.

It looks like they made it work on him in the example video which has me puzzled.

If you're referring to the "Throw > 5B > 3C > 5D > 214B > 3C > 5D > 214B..." combo: make sure you're charging "214B", as the timing on Ragna is pretty lax. 

7 hours ago, Monarch said:

If you're referring to the "Throw > 5B > 3C > 5D > 214B > 3C > 5D > 214B..." combo: make sure you're charging "214B", as the timing on Ragna is pretty lax. 

Ah, good call. I didn't know that was chargeable. There should probably be a notation for that...

Edit: It works! On a side note, Es's moves are so flashy. 

12 hours ago, plasmatek said:

Ah, good call. I didn't know that was chargeable. There should probably be a notation for that...

The notation for the charged version is usually 214[ B ] without the spaces between the B and the brackets. I have to put it this on the forums because otherwise it'll recognize it as the code for bolding text ;.;

12 hours ago, plasmatek said:

Looks like some of lunar's tweet vids are gone, but he's got a yt vid with some of the missing combos. 

Do you have a link to the YT vid you can send me? If not, that's fine. I can tweet him about it later.

Also, since I'm already here, just letting everyone know I've moved the Combo Guide to Google Docs to make it easier to navigate by adding support for the Document Outline. I'll be starting to add stuff to the DL wiki next week. Need to finish some stuff for my first pass of the Rachel Matchup Doc first. I'll only be adding a small subset of the combos in the doc so people can focus on the more core combos but the Google Doc will continue to be a home for all the combos we find.

EDIT: Oh, right. Guess it helps if I actually leave the link to the new Google Doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UtoSZz_DChu6IWGmdAdvwz-Gn0No8WHOZ9gdtHeIsMs/edit?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Not sure if you intended it but the note is private and requires permission to view :S

Definitely not intentional lol, I think I fixed it.