Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

You really think so? Maybe it because I like to give designers the benifit of the doubt but they don't look alike...aside from having red hair and loving hot pants...after all the new AH character has two pigtails...

I'm glad to see the roster expanding (although they had me sold with Weiss <3 :keke:) but man this is gonna turn out to be like Tekken...50bamillion characters but only like 5% of that demographic will be rep. :( Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some characters/arcana cut but that's not going to happen, and I don't want another KoF XII (when AH finally does make the jump to HD only a mere fraction of it's most unwanted character will be there o.o)

Loving the new characters so far, but I'm really interested to see if Dorothy is going to get bumped up the list some (I'd be happy with Mid, lol >_<) and also wanting to see some of Zenia's new stuff since she was my main in AH2. I haven't seen like..many videos of Zenia at all since the loketest began though ;-;

I wouldn't mind seeing a character in a gothic dress similar to Lieselotte (except, I'd hope they make it more aristocratic)

Seconded

It doesn't matter much to me who really got screwed around with as long as Lilica still has flash kick loops that WORK. Never did play AH2, but the general concensus is to avoid it on the console.

ahh well examu better get it right on this part. i'm lookin fwd to the new stuff and trying the new characters. i've always wanted to use a different character besides saki/heart. on the other hand im ready for the pile of crap im gonna get thrown at for playing this =D

You really think so? Maybe it because I like to give designers the benifit of the doubt but they don't look alike...aside from having red hair and loving hot pants...after all the new AH character has two pigtails...

I'm glad to see the roster expanding (although they had me sold with Weiss <3 :keke:) but man this is gonna turn out to be like Tekken...50bamillion characters but only like 5% of that demographic will be rep. :( Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some characters/arcana cut but that's not going to happen, and I don't want another KoF XII (when AH finally does make the jump to HD only a mere fraction of it's most unwanted character will be there o.o)

I fear the rep for Arcana Heart 3 would still be 100% at most. I want the Fortune aracana user away from the roster. We don't need that many lolis! What'll give AH3 a bad name is what it's made FOR. And yes, I know, it's made to serve the otaku audiences while others bought and played it like any other fighting game, making it harder for me to believe that any U.S. publishers will license AH3 if it's not gonna sell out here. :mad: Glad they didn't license AH2, but even Aksys Games could've fix it somehow.

And who do YOU not want in the roster? My preference is leaving the Fortune arcana user out.

I fear the rep for Arcana Heart 3 would still be 100% at most. I want the Fortune aracana user away from the roster. We don't need that many lolis!

But she's so kawaii ~ ~ ~ :kitty: . . . . . . . .:vbang:

What'll give AH3 a bad name is what it's made FOR. And yes, I know, it's made to serve the otaku audiences while others bought and played it like any other fighting game, making it harder for me to believe that any U.S. publishers will license AH3 if it's not gonna sell out here. :mad: Glad they didn't license AH2, but even Aksys Games could've fix it somehow.

And who do YOU not want in the roster? My preference is leaving the Fortune arcana user out.

Like you said they're not really wanting to bring something over that won't give them profit, but I don't think removing characters is going to help the situation. To mainstream gamers Guilty Gear is a fairly obscure game, and Arcana Heart is a fairly obscure game to most US fighting game players. . .so :psyduck:

Any new loketest footage/character info/general news?

But she's so kawaii ~ ~ ~ :kitty: . . . . . . . .:vbang:

Like you said they're not really wanting to bring something over that won't give them profit, but I don't think removing characters is going to help the situation. To mainstream gamers Guilty Gear is a fairly obscure game, and Arcana Heart is a fairly obscure game to most US fighting game players. . .so :psyduck:

Any new loketest footage/character info/general news?

Well, I already had blown off some steam, so I guess it's inevitable that AH3 can't be lisenced here especially AH2 wasn't. I pray to Atlus or Aksys Games.

@iora: No way!!!! Lilica is awesome and hot! She's Air Gear in a fighting game. Plus she's like Etna: 100% Sour, 200% Sweet. :kitty:

Ozzy Osbourne: It's about fuckin time! :v: And the opening's got a rock feel for once. I hope this PS3 port has a custom soundtrack. I don't wanna tamper with the original soundtrack.....much. But there's so much urge to do some GG or BB matchmaking. Such as that chain-girl, Scharlachrot. What makes her not similar to Terumi? And the significance between her and Weiss makes me want to use Nightmare Fiction in a fight.

http://www.examu.co.jp/arcanaheart3/

They finally updated the site with info and other things.

And... op :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wrjo6R4LmM

Damn you beat me to it (f'n sleep) but yeah on the 3rd loc test, let's hope we can get some more varied footages (WEIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS!)

Also concerning the op I must say I'm just a little dissapointed...while I like that I got to see plenty of Weiss action, I'm sad by how short the video was and how unstylized it was, it was basically a huge montage of characters flashing by :<

So I'm guessing Scharlachrot (the red head) is the new boss (prepared to get raped...ALOT). I'm a little surprised they're not adding the boss of Sugoi into 3 like they did with Angelia... Well definately expect me to post new vids as I find em this weekend!

HAIL WEISS!!! Didn't like the opening, but it's got a rock feel for once. Yes, think of Scharlacrot as Bass.EXE with red-hair and pigtails......possessed by Terumi. xD And when you have a boss with chains, you might possibly get raped BIG TIME! Oh well, anything's better than KoF bosses.

Alright here go the vids from the 3rd lok test!

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8-N6p3IywA

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va7HR8upEKU

Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfS02fk86OA

Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLx2DH_sS8w

Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGgi0jZkeM

Part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsy0f4qhb8Q

Part 7 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL3mH3LpD8Q

Haven't watched them all yet, but so far character selection seems a bit more varied than 2nd test vids (OMG there's a Weiss fight to start like 4 of the vids <3 ^-^ )

Enjoy and Discuss...

EDIT: I gust noticed...parts 5-7 of the 3rd test vids are played on...WIDESCREEN TVS! With the game playing in a 16:4 ratio over the previous 4:3 :D

I am the black void I am the melting steel I am the red sword :v: The game has totally polished in some ways, probably one that could possibly keep up with BB. I've noticed how annoying Lilica sounds when she does her 3-hit Trick. If there's one thing that needs to be fixed is the seiyuu(s)

People still like Examu? Dwhaaa?

Oh, what's that suppose to mean, I think they're a nice company (crappy AH2 port, but I'm willing to over look that because of the inclusion of Weiss). I mean they make like the most inivative fighters around, and despite not moving into the HD era, their Hires sprites are still quite nice to look at.

Also +2 kudo point for having an ava of BayonettaxJeanne! @.@

You forgot to mention "depite it being a series of all-female cast," but I'm not complaining. :v: Apparently they're promoting Daemon Bride already, especially since it's been out a while ago. So AH3 will not have HD?

Oh, what's that suppose to mean, I think they're a nice company (crappy AH2 port, but I'm willing to over look that because of the inclusion of Weiss). I mean they make like the most inivative fighters around, and despite not moving into the HD era, their Hires sprites are still quite nice to look at.

Also +2 kudo point for having an ava of BayonettaxJeanne! @.@

how about the arcade update fiasco, money grubbing bastards.

Well since I heard great things about S!AH2 we'll see what's up with this.

You forgot to mention "depite it being a series of all-female cast," but I'm not complaining. :v: Apparently they're promoting Daemon Bride already, especially since it's been out a while ago.

So AH3 will not have HD?

Oh, I like the all female cast (*sighs* though I do wish they'd take it easy no a few things...argh moe...) and the Daemon Bride ad is for an upcoming torunament...no new on a console date...that i know of...

lol, I guess you got me there, but can you blame them? Afterall they're a small comp that releases games few and far between. S!AH2 was great (console port aside) so please look forward to 3 and please support it! Hail Weiss!

Oh, there things about S!AH2, none of em are "great." Glad for me to know too, since the game wasn't shipped overseas AND I'm not desperate enough to import.

Oh, there things about S!AH2, none of em are "great." Glad for me to know too, since the game wasn't shipped overseas AND I'm not desperate enough to import.

believe me, u're not missing much.

Not the port the Arcade version >_> heard the final update made it a really solid game, according to Rob and Arturo at least.

Oh, I like the all female cast (*sighs* though I do wish they'd take it easy no a few things...argh moe...) and the Daemon Bride ad is for an upcoming torunament...no new on a console date...that i know of...

lol, I guess you got me there, but can you blame them? Afterall they're a small comp that releases games few and far between. S!AH2 was great (console port aside) so please look forward to 3 and please support it! Hail Weiss!

the company behind MB is small too (hell, ASW can be considered small too), and they arent making $1000/ $2000 updates that correct glitches and made balance tweaks that arent worth of $1000/ $2000 like examu does, similar patches for MB were free

AH is a nice series, no great, but fun, shamefully the company behind the series is a joke

Not the port the Arcade version >_> heard the final update made it a really solid game, according to Rob and Arturo at least.

yeah according to Rob and Arturo the game is solid (after 8 revisions it should be imo)