Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

the company behind MB is small too (hell, ASW can be considered small too), and they arent making $1000/ $2000 updates that correct glitches and made balance tweaks that arent worth of $1000/ $2000 like examu does, similar patches for MB were free

AH is a nice series, no great, but fun, shamefully the company behind the series is a joke

Let's look at the list of MB games that you claim arn't updates.

RE-ACT

Act-Cadenza

Act-Cadenza ver. B

Actress Again

Arcana Heart has FULL in the first game and 2.6 in the second.

You were right about Examu having to work their asses off to update the failed port, but T-M didn't work their asses off to try and evolve the series. That's why MB is still MB no matter what version. Still unbalanced; hell, I always rage everytime I get hit as soon as I get up, especially when I try to hit back. It IS doujin-fighter after all: a frail experiment that can't improve the way Examu or ASW is doing with their future titles.

Yeah, it sounds like I'm bashing a game that a lot of people like, but I can't help but be honest.

You're a wiki member?

Well, I've seen that article before so I don't know what's edited.

Sorry, I didn't specify. Yes, I recently became a Wiki member. Also, I created the entire AH3 page from nothing. Nobody wanted to put any info up besides saying the game was coming out so I decided to translate the story and character info. I'm gonna keep updating it as more info comes out.

Please do it. You've done a good job \o/ And do a new character section. AH's char section sux a lot =(

Let's look at the list of MB games that you claim arn't updates.

RE-ACT

Act-Cadenza

Act-Cadenza ver. B

Actress Again

Arcana Heart has FULL in the first game and 2.6 in the second.

You were right about Examu having to work their asses off to update the failed port, but T-M didn't work their asses off to try and evolve the series. That's why MB is still MB no matter what version. Still unbalanced; hell, I always rage everytime I get hit as soon as I get up, especially when I try to hit back. It IS doujin-fighter after all: a frail experiment that can't improve the way Examu or ASW is doing with their future titles.

Yeah, it sounds like I'm bashing a game that a lot of people like, but I can't help but be honest.

lol MB is actually well balanced. Every character has solid options to be competitive.

and lol @ the game sucks and can't improve because you get tech punished.

U MAD

Anyway, I was never into AH series, but, I might give this one a whirl and see how I like it, it looks pretty decent.

lol MB is actually well balanced. Every character has solid options to be competitive.

Not one of Kohaku's Drives. You can't hit her nor dodge while she throws bombs at you. Broken. :v:

which reminds me. LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0AZAGBaLSo

You may as well go to a Gamestop to find the first Arcana Heart then.

I've translated the story and character info so far. Anyone interested should check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcana_Heart_3

You've edited info for Scharlachrot. You copied and pasted the info from the website with that google translator. I know you're helping, but even leaked information doesn't help if people don't know what it's saying or what it means, especially with AH's lacking, but (I think) progressing story.

Not one of Kohaku's Drives. You can't hit her nor dodge while she throws bombs at you. Broken. :v:

You could always block..........

which reminds me. LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0AZAGBaLSo

you know that you can say the same for other games

sagat dp FDAC ultra

ryu dp FDAC ultra

eddie preassure and unblockables

o. sagat tiger shot spamming

Toki shenanigans

etc...

you cant generalize, specially if you dont play the game seriously, you are only making a fool of yourself

Please do it. You've done a good job \o/

And do a new character section. AH's char section sux a lot =(

Thank you. I'll do my best. Yeah I've been meaning to do the AH2's characters. Only one I've edited so far is Petra though. If people like them I'll keep edited more characters.

Someone had made this page for her moves long before me, so I just added her Story info and accurate names/story for her Arcana.

http://arcana.mizuumi.net/index.php/Petra_Johanna_Lagerkvist

You've edited info for Scharlachrot. You copied and pasted the info from the website with that google translator. I know you're helping, but even leaked information doesn't help if people don't know what it's saying or what it means, especially with AH's lacking, but (I think) progressing story.

Actually, I didn't edit info for Scharlachort at all. That must of been added sometime in the last few days. I did all the other stuff on the page though. Please don't say that I copied from google translator. Doing it that way only causes confusion and doesn't tell what it really says. I'm going to change that post about Scharlachrot and give a more accurate translation.

It's ok. I just wanted to clear that up. People like the Arcana Heart characters, but still don't know deep info about them. Only general stuff. Now that AH3 is coming out, it's the perect time to get some info out to the fans. I plan to translate battle/story mode quotes for Sugoi! Arcana Heart 2. I know it's really late for it but there are still quite a few fans out there that want to know what exactly is going on in the story.

Sorry, I didn't specify. Yes, I recently became a Wiki member. Also, I created the entire AH3 page from nothing. Nobody wanted to put any info up besides saying the game was coming out so I decided to translate the story and character info. I'm gonna keep updating it as more info comes out.

Please do it. You've done a good job \o/

And do a new character section. AH's char section sux a lot =(

I can help out with the translations, or at the very least editing it (NOTE: "Uarukyuriya" is suppose to be "Valkyrie" or more precisely "Valkyria" similar to Senjou no Valkyria aka Valkyria Chronicles)

@Talk about "balance and competitive play"

Uwa~ I rember when games used to be about having fun...competitive play is fine and all, but does that mean every game has to be trash the minute something a miss arises, because if that's the case NO game should be taken seriously...

Such is the path to game designing or just being a critic in this day and age. -_- I'm trying to major for Computer Game Design and Development, so I'm learning the ups and downs on what you should expect a rounded game to be. It's actually more serious than some people think, whereas we really are creating games that are fun, but also solid. I'm hoping to pass my exam with that much. Fighting games are the same. It didn't take me too long to realize that doujinshi fighters could only last for so long unless boundaries are to be broken. argh, It's almost a plague. I'll end this arguement from here.

You get staggered long enough to get pressured by Kohaku again.

lmfao. So in other words...

"Defense requires brain activity. This game sucks."

:eng101:

Don't worry about it, bbq. He probably thinks Venom is a broken character because of Dark Angel, since the blockstun lasts long enough to get pressured again and it fills up like half the screen. >_>

you know that you can say the same for other games

sagat dp FDAC ultra

ryu dp FDAC ultra

eddie preassure and unblockables

o. sagat tiger shot spamming

Toki shenanigans

etc...

you cant generalize, specially if you dont play the game seriously, you are only making a fool of yourself

Toki is not that bad

Don't worry about it, bbq. He probably thinks Venom is a broken character because of Dark Angel, since the blockstun lasts long enough to get pressured again and it fills up like half the screen. >_>

Venom? I've got nothing against him :/

Toki is not that bad

you would be surprised the amount of friends that i have that think that :psyduck:

i guess that it helps me that my brother plays toki & rei, so i have more matchup experience than them ;)

Since you've finished Petra, who's next? Zenia or the Vatican girls? I wanna know if those are particularly allies.

Probably Clarice and Catherine. I like those two a lot.

I can help out with the translations, or at the very least editing it (NOTE: "Uarukyuriya" is suppose to be "Valkyrie" or more precisely "Valkyria" similar to Senjou no Valkyria aka Valkyria Chronicles)

Crap, I knew I forgot something with Wiess' info. lol It would be cool if you could help out SolxBaiken. Thanks for offering.

Taken from SRK. Courtesy of umgogo: Weiss's Critical Heart is called Gunken Tenkai Himmelfahrt (sloppy translation: Army Blade Unfolding World Ascension to Heaven) and is a rush-type attack. On hit, Weiss summons a multitude of smallish swords which pierce the opponent. If the move is performed during the Extend Force (ABC with a full Force Gauge, extends combos and enables Arcana Blazes and EF Critical Hearts), the swords are larger (twice the size of Weiss). Also, the Setsuken Mine (Set Blade Mine) and follow-up Douken ?-keit (Move Blade ?-ness) are Weiss's special moves, not Gottfried's. The latter move causes the blades to rise and attack (presumably vertically). Weiss's other moves include: ? Shouken Zein (Wear/Disguise Blade ?, probably "Arm Oneself with (Hidden) Blades"?, changes Weiss's bare-handed attacks into sword attacks, likely granting them more range and/or power) qcf+A/B/C Totsuken Gleiten (Thrust Blade Sliding, low-hitting dashing slice best used in combos) dp+A/B/C Senken Fliegen (Pierce Blade Flight, has invincibility and can be done in the air) hcb, f+A/B/C Gunken Greifen (Cluster Blade Grapple, "summon swords in a circle around the opponent" command throw which can be followed up after) qcf+AB Tokkouken Zahlreich (Multiple Thrust Attack Blade, I assume it is a standard rush super) dp+AB Senkouken Zentrum (Penetrating Blade Centre) ? Kyoshuuken Meteora (Great Attack Blade Meteor, "summon large sword and ride it diagonally downwards in the air"-super which comes out quickly and travels far, seen in the vs. Kira fight) Gottfried's Extend Force ability is shortened E "charge times" (like Jirael/Holy's "Crusade" passive ability in (S!)AH2). Supposedly, it has few Arcana special moves: qcf+E Kenshou Re~m(u) (Blade (Collision) Point ?, fast projectile) dp+E Kenshi Zaromon (Blade Stab ?, Gottfried and your character stab the opponent in concert, can be done in the air) f, hcf+E Kenzan Kuryu~ga (Blade Cut ?) qcbx2+E Keniki Daryu~ge (Blade Area ?, possibly "Battlefield ?", a barrier of lightning appears behind both fighters; touching it propels the character towards the opponent; presumably, this is advantageous when one desires to settle the bout in close quarters rather than with long-range tactics) qcf+ABC Kenshin Gottfried (Blade God Gottfried, Gottfried appears and sweeps his sword/spear upward, launching the opponent skywards; I personally hope it is blockable and comboable) BTW, Gottfried literally means "god peace."