Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

I tend to play it on a daily basis at the arcade in houston (ver 3.01).

mainly due to the fact that I need to get ready for sbo.

Luck is a pretty fun arcane, has some nice setups and a very random annoyance factor in that you can get very random counter hit status attacks for normal hits. also, on a few occasions it has saved the game for me on the last hit. There is a small chance that the killing blow dealt to you may not do any damage.

Yeah Luck is awesome. Great stuff to give you the advantage.

Anyway, I want to make a website dedicated to this series. Kinda like dustloop but with more than just forums. What's the best way to do this? For forums, this format on Dustloop seems pretty good, but for the rest of the webite idk what do use.

aside from a forum, what else do you want? A wiki?

if you want guides like dustloop, it's all coded up by hand

a place like tekkenzaibatsu probably has some sort of content managing system going on

Yeah Luck is awesome. Great stuff to give you the advantage.

Anyway, I want to make a website dedicated to this series. Kinda like dustloop but with more than just forums. What's the best way to do this? For forums, this format on Dustloop seems pretty good, but for the rest of the webite idk what do use.

Dunno how'd you go about it or what specifically you'd want. But I do know it'd finally give me a place to refer people at the arcade to when they ask "Is there a site online I can go to for AH3 stuff?"

that isn't a mass of people talking and random game strats all over the place.

I tend to play it on a daily basis at the arcade in houston (ver 3.01).

mainly due to the fact that I need to get ready for sbo.

Luck is a pretty fun arcane, has some nice setups and a very random annoyance factor in that you can get very random counter hit status attacks for normal hits. also, on a few occasions it has saved the game for me on the last hit. There is a small chance that the killing blow dealt to you may not do any damage.

Isn't Luck soft banned?

@Gravelneed A nice page for info is the Poverty Wiki: http://poverty.mizuumi.net/index.php/Arcana_Heart_3 . Also Arcanaheart.com but it's kind-of dead I'd say.

I already know about poverty.mizuumi.net. I'm going to update some Eko combo/strats soon.

Dunno how'd you go about it or what specifically you'd want. But I do know it'd finally give me a place to refer people at the arcade to when they ask "Is there a site online I can go to for AH3 stuff?"

that isn't a mass of people talking and random game strats all over the place.

Yes poverty.mizuumi is fine for now but I kinda want my own site. First and most importantly it will have a wiki and a forum for people. Then when that's done, I want to add translated character info, pictures, etc. And of course, important updates like new game versions/tournaments/characters will be on the front page and in the announcement thread of the forums.

How many people play this game nation wide? 30-ish? And it's not like we're individually scattered across the US. Anything beyond a thread is overkill, really. If I wanna talk arcana I just talk with the other players in person. Not to be a killjoy, but a website would only serve to pass information to people who can't make use of it.

Cathy still screwed?

Cathy-players seem to of found a solution against Tyr. So now people counter-arcana Cathy players with plant and setup plant unblockables that are easy to do against Cathy's huge hitbox.

Ugh Cathy is dumb :/

Boom boom to super boom boom. and then of course oki bombs. Why not, lets give her tiger shots too.

she is just sooo stupid.

Cathy may be stupid in that fuck-huge mech of hers but damn if she isnt fun to tro-...I mean play as. lol

Anyway, counter picking the Tyr Geist seems to be an effective way to pacify Cathy's awesomeness. Smart Cathy players have found a way around this though.

So I played AH3 for the first time today...

I think I'm in love :kitty: Why must Examu must be so cruel and abandon all hope of a console release? :arg: Weiss is awesomeness (although I didn't have much time to play so I just picked Bhrani-Lighting- since I was familar with her, she's usually my main Arcana)

...Please Examu...PLEASE make a console announcement at TGS this year for both AH3 and DB >.<

Cathy may be stupid in that fuck-huge mech of hers but damn if she isnt fun to tro-...I mean play as. lol

Anyway, counter picking the Tyr Geist seems to be an effective way to pacify Cathy's awesomeness. Smart Cathy players have found a way around this though.

"Counter picking with Tyr" was like week 1 gimmicks that aren't relevant anymore. If you want to pick a sub-par Arcana to "counter pick" Cathy, there are better picks than Tyr.

Yeah Tyr dominance is over.

You can still choose to cage match her for luls though

There are way better arcana to space her out overall though

Woo~. I kind of liked the first game, but never had the chance to play it with anybody. Now that I'm slightly less terrible at fighting games, maybe I'll actually play this to some degree. Hope it gets a US release.