Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

Games where people's opinions of tiers differ all over the place is a sign of a Good Game™ imo

or a weak competitive scene.. :x

What are those Freeda and Henboku things? :v:

Something like SS's Slash/Bust modes?

names of people, I assume

Those two tier lists don't seem to agree with one another much, aside from thinking Kira and Fiona are both bottom tier. I'm guess the game is fairly balanced though, since the second list is only split into A+ through B? I hope I find someone I like in the new game, because I remember thinking Fiona was fun to play as in the first one, but it seems like she's never good.

[edit] Bleh, I took way too long to post. Seems Fiona's moved up in at least one person's opinion. I'm glad to see Mei-Fang at the bottom. The last thing I need is get caught up in another 'dat ass' character.

With all the universal mechanics in the game, mainly homing and the way meter works, no character is ever completely helpless (ala Tager) in any matchup. Not to mention swapping out arcanas to deal with trouble matchups.

but Lise is probably still tops

The tier lists are drastically different because they're mostly based on the strengths of people the guy plays. Considering how much variety there is in the game it's not unreasonable to think that different geographical hotspots will have different things they consider strong.

What are those Freeda and Henboku things? :v:

Players =p

Freeda is Lieselotte-player, and Henboku Lilica-player(he won a SBO before)

^Yeah I noticed that too and went "WTF". I guess Lilica doesn't exist in his world.

Most lists have been placing her in the A range, so that's probably generally accepted.

If anyone has some decent vids of Lilica, Schar, Elsa, Akane or Mei-Fang I'd be dieing to see some of dat.

Also, why the Mei-Fang hate? Dat ass an such.

What, from me? Look at two of the three subs in my sig. It's not like I did that on purpose. I'd like to avoid it doing it again any time soon.

Most lists have been placing her in the A range, so that's probably generally accepted.

If anyone has some decent vids of Lilica, Schar, Elsa, Akane or Mei-Fang I'd be dieing to see some of dat.

Also, why the Mei-Fang hate? Dat ass an such.

Dat ass AND Dem Boobs. It warms my heart. xD

Dat ass AND Dem Boobs. It warms my heart. xD

And Dat robot.

By that I mean dat sexbot. And she knows how to cook. Perfect woman here folks.

And Dat robot.

By that I mean dat sexbot. And she knows how to cook. Perfect woman here folks.

Fuck yes.

Anyway, I'm just happy Heart is top on both lists. Also, later I'll put here some links to channels that have some AH3 matches for you all.

Fuck yes.

Anyway, I'm just happy Heart is top on both lists. Also, later I'll put here some links to channels that have some AH3 matches for you all.

Yeah, the shoto franchise character is top. This was completely unexpected.

Heart's always been top, been like that for 3 games :3 and too late!

Koyori6671's channel <~Best IMO

protomanSTi's channel <~Good but mixed in with lots of other stuff

Probably gonna lurk around Nico and see how the vid selection is over there and probably up some to Youtube for ya'll

Also guys try not to muck up this thread too much, at least wait until I make the forum :8/:

My impressions on Arcana after a good amount of play today (not going to mention any Arcana that were present in 1 or Full at the moment, as info on that is much easier to come around)

Ice - My new favorite Arcana, it gives to an awesome dash, the ice shard and snowflake specials are pretty useful (especially since the ice shard is chargeable and can cause knockback), the "ice burst" super is about as good as fire burst super, the "snowstorm" super is pretty nice because it covers a pretty good portion of the screen. The Arcana Blaze is just full of win because it can do a good chunk of damage and be easily comboed into.

Mirror - Another pretty awesome Arcana as it replaces all your launcher moves (2E, 3E, 6E, etc) with your opponent's (you turn into them :D), it also lets you reflect attacks. Blaze is awesome, it takes a few seconds to activate (leaving you open to attack) but when it does you move at an accelerated rate and can do several moves at once thanks to your afterimages (allowing for some painful combos)

Flower - SEMI-GAY... <.< fine I'll get serious, the Flower arcana IMO is not worth picking as it is HIGHLY situational in it's usefulness. First off you can plant 3 flowers (doing the motion again will help it grow, which is essential) but the fact that you have to be in range of the flower and it's added effect is chosen at random, it makes it hard to recommend to any character. The Blaze is a large scale projectile attack but it can be blocked easily and is hard to combo into (because it doesn't hit on activation/freeze) And 4r5 tactics: gives you massive meter gainage. pick a corner, lay your garden, turtle. You can eat your flowers for some random bonus that I haven't figured out yet

Luck - Is actually pretty fun, throwing dice and see how you enemy is going to explode is just :3 Also the Blaze can be awesome (and hard to dodge/block) depending on the number). Arcana Force is really good for this one since you get "Luck Up" and have a higher chance of hitting big numbers

...More later.

I counter-arcana Heart with Mirror. lol

Flower you can plant three flowers

massive meter gainage. pick a corner, lay your garden, turtle. You can eat your flowers for some random bonus that I haven't figured out yet.

I'm going to guess that the arcana to use with kamui is dark? Every kamui I've seen used that or time.

Time is crazy though.

Flower you can plant three flowers

massive meter gainage. pick a corner, lay your garden, turtle. You can eat your flowers for some random bonus that I haven't figured out yet.

I see, noted (admittedly I only played Flower once :P) thanks for the info)

I'm going to guess that the arcana to use with kamui is dark? Every kamui I've seen used that or time.

Time is crazy though.

Well the right Arcana for your main really depends on you and your playstyle, but definitely get something that either augments your strengths or dampens your weaknesses

I can't seem to find many vids of Mei-Fang or Scharlachrot (The one video I did find of her had Lilica beasting her like none other) :(

I can't seem to find many vids of Mei-Fang or Scharlachrot (The one video I did find of her had Lilica beasting her like none other) :(

Yeah Mei-Fang isn't all that popular due to her being on the lower end of the tiers and Time seems to be the most used Arcana with her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBErm1R65Kk <~ Mei-Fang with time x.x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izipj_lMB8A <~There ya go Antihippy Kamui using both Dark and Time :3 (fights a Mei-Fang)

So, how high is the execution barrier in this game? Is it hard to use a pad? I've been messing around in AH1 with Saki and Heart and I can do basic stuff like Heart's 2A, 2B, 2C, 236B, 623AB, 5HC, jA, jB, jC, 623C but I can't figure out combos that use 6D after 2C...

Luck seems great with some characters. Dice setups can guarantee you full combos, because average combo damage is actually less than the explosion would do if they let it hit them instead. Given that the damage level in AH3 has been increased across the board, and that three full combos from any character seems to equal death, it's a good arcana at the very least.

I'll probably just keep playing Plant Yoriko though (the name got changed to Nature according to the wiki... the wiki is wrong). Seed unblockables are fun.

I posted that vid 3 pages ago asking how the flower arcana works. :P

Oh sorry! >.< I'll try to be more attentive about those kind of things x.x I'm gonna try upping some vids from Nico so there should be a greater variety soon

Luck seems great with some characters. Dice setups can guarantee you full combos, because average combo damage is actually less than the explosion would do if they let it hit them instead. Given that the damage level in AH3 has been increased across the board, and that three full combos from any character seems to equal death, it's a good arcana at the very least.

Luck is kinda broken :kitty: they've patched it up since 3.01 but it can still get pretty ridiculous, but it is indeed a very good and fun Arcana. I haven't fought anyone that's used it but if I did I'd probably counter pick with an Arcana that gives me good projectiles so I can remain a safe distance before going in for a combo.

It's all about DAT ICE :v: