Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

... From most videos (at least that I've seen) love, wind, dark, and plant are very commonly used. ...

Love is used a lot because of it's zoning prowess. Wind lets you triple jump and air-dash twice, and you get control of wind to keep your opponent out. Dark has some stuff that looks pretty control/lockdown oriented. Plant is focused mainly around some unblockable setups you can use, and it gives you some specials that work a lot like Hazama's drive, only you pull your opponent back towards you, plus it's considered one of the easiest Arcanas to use. And as I understand it from what I've read, as well as from the 12 plus hours of AH3 match videos I've seen in the past three days, none of those four Arcanas are considered particularly strong.

In going with what I've read, the "strongest" Arcana is 'Evil'. Just that whole poison-on-demand into combo thing leads up to some ridicadicadonkulous damage. But having seen a good sum of videos which feature that Arcana, even with it's huge damage potential, it's still not really dominate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze9pIL4cFkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE85eWtmcvI

Heres some good stuff with the use of the poison arcana.

The rock/ground Arcana is really strong. Also look into the metal arcana which is also godlike. The halo arcana is also a great one as well.

Also dont forget about the Lightning Arcana its one of the best to use. The Heart player (Banbaban)

he uses the clash frames of the arcana for mixup and what not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLvnJvyJaws

Does the Sacred arcana have any passive effects? Wiki doesn't say anything about it. It seems a bit underwhelming, though I suppose the defense up ability and the 236E are nice.

Side question, can anyone enlighten me as to what the Punishment, Sin, Luck and Holy Arcanas do?

http://shoryuken.com/f2/arcana-heart-3-q-streams-every-fri-release-1-13-11-a-244582/index27.html#post9261674

Gravelneed was so kind to put this list up of what each Arcana does in terms of Passive and Extend Force abilities.

http://arcanaheart.sakura.ne.jp/0408aru3/top.html

Canon's Japanese Arcana Heart 3 site is the definitive source for all the other stuff, and includes pics.

Punishment causes your E moves to be unblockable but lose their ability to launch upwards/wall, and it lowers your defence while raising your attack during Extend Force. Its moves includes a load of slashing type things.

Sin causes your E moves to have extended range, but the Arcana's moves damage yourself. The point of this is that during Extend Force, your attack increases substantially depending on the amount of life you have remaining. You can send out a massive trident, projectiles that look like the Love Balls or a massive and sharp pinwheel trap thing.

Luck is an evil little Arcana that can keep your opponent on lockdown by throwing die, especially the super (which rolls two dice). Strength of the move depends on the number(s) rolled. You can also increase your own luck of getting high numbers (similar to the buff-ups you used to get with Metal Arcana in the first game). Passive effects include random counter hits, random reduced damage and random endurance when you're about to be KO'd. Being in Extend Force amplifies your probabilities.

Sacred has reduced time for max charged E moves and damage is reduced (read: red bar is regenerated) during Extend Force activation. You also gain health during Extend Force. The Arcana moves are kind of slashy and short-ranged.

Hope that's helpful. ^_^

O-O~

Punishment's ability to make fully charged 5.E and 2.E not wallbounce/launch seemed to

be pretty deadly in Japan with some characters. (Zenia, Lilica, and Akane come to mind here... >.> ps: it hurt...a lot)

In particular, while in Extend Force, the charged 5.E and 2.E resets the hit counter due to the amount of hit stun and

the reduced recovery from being in Extend Force.

Generally leading towards a 75% -> 100% Extend force combo.

Only saw a few Zenia, 1 Akane (friend of mine in japan) and another Lilica other than myself, do that while I was there.

Didn't see a lot of luck arcana usage while I was there, mostly Lightning and Space/Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8rRb5YT1MI

8:15 on the vid. Homo-genius or just awesome in infinite brutality?

Nah it was a punish for eko DRILL trolling. Also yay counterhit negative proration

Also if you have questions on the arcanas and the such, check out the english wiki at http://arcana.mizuumi.net over 90% of the content is done by Curbeh

However, punishment is still WIP, so yeah, just listen to what LastBlade said. Also you take extra damage

http://shoryuken.com/f2/arcana-heart-3-q-streams-every-fri-release-1-13-11-a-244582/index27.html#post9261674

Gravelneed was so kind to put this list up of what each Arcana does in terms of Passive and Extend Force abilities.

Thank you very much.

I'm confused about something, though. So, fire arcana makes charge 5E/2E unblockable, but I thought charged 5E/2E were already unblockable, though I see it called "Guard Break" instead. Is there any practical distinction between the two?

Nah it was a punish for eko DRILL trolling. Also yay counterhit negative proration

Awesome. Would've been funnier for Homo-Genius. :P

Also if you have questions on the arcanas and the such, check out the english wiki at http://arcana.mizuumi.net over 90% of the content is done by Curbeh

Yeah, I know about that site. They had no information on the Punishment/Sin/Luck/Holy Arcanas, so I asked here. Thanks, though.

Thank you very much.

I'm confused about something, though. So, fire arcana makes charge 5E/2E unblockable, but I thought charged 5E/2E were already unblockable, though I see it called "Guard Break" instead. Is there any practical distinction between the two?

Yep. You can shake out of guard break. If you get hit or meet a wall (assuming no wall tech) before you shake out it will combo though.

Can anyone link to some Angelia vs. and/or combo videos on Nico or YouTube? If they're on Youtube, preferably not links to vids posted by koyori6671 or abysmalmonkey. Not a quality issue, it's just that I've already seen all of them (or at least 99%). Thinking that there's probably some videos I'm missing since I have no idea what "Arcana Heart 3 Angelia" is as typed in Japanese. Haha.

Thanks to anyone who can do this. Awesome.

Yep. You can shake out of guard break. If you get hit or meet a wall (assuming no wall tech) before you shake out it will combo though.

You should also note that some 5[e]/2[e] cannot be shaken out of, though, like Fire/Halo/Sin (I might be missing something else?).

Ahh, I see. Thank you.

You should also note that some 5[e]/2[e] cannot be shaken out of, though, like Fire/Halo/Sin (I might be missing something else?).

Yeah, I am aware of this, which is why I wanted to know the distinction.

Another thing that should be noted that those 5[e]/2[e] that are true unblockables deal damage. While for other 5[e]/2[e], damage is not dealt on the initial guard crush, but is still taken into account for the combo damage scaling.

well here some vids I found after some searching http://www.youtube.com/user/tu101uk#p/u look through them there quite a few Angelia vs there. Here a Angelia vs Clarice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p13iA6h8zmw starts at 3:31 was uploaded by protomanSti

Thanks. U rawk dood. But that vid from ProtomanSti... man that Angelia match almost made me cry. I hate nuns.

Can anyone with the brain power to wrap their minds around the clusterfuck that is the Japanese written language post the... *sigh* characters for the characters (and the name of the game)? So assholes like me can search that shit on Nico.

Most match vids on Niconico don't contain character names in the tags, as surprising that may be. IMO, it's good to get exposed to many different characters anyway.

Thanks. U rawk dood. But that vid from ProtomanSti... man that Angelia match almost made me cry. I hate nuns.

Can anyone with the brain power to wrap their minds around the clusterfuck that is the Japanese written language post the... *sigh* characters for the characters (and the name of the game)? So assholes like me can search that shit on Nico.

From what HeartNana posted on shoryuken

Character names in Japanese if you want to do searches on youtube and niconico.

Weiss ヴァイス

Sharalachrot シャルラッハロート

Eko えこ

Petra ペトラ

Heart はぁと

Saki 冴姫 or サキ

Maori 舞織

Kamui 神依

Konoha このは

Nazuna なずな

Akane あかね

Zenia ゼニア

Lieselotte リーゼロッテ or リーゼ

Dorothy ドロシー

Catherine キャサリン

Mei-Fang メイファン or 美凰

Kira きら

Lilica リリカ

Yoriko 頼子

Fiona フィオナ

Angelia アンジェリア

Elsa エルザ

Clarice クラリーチェ

IMO, it's good to get exposed to many different characters anyway.

Obviously. Of course, I'm asking for this specific stuff because I've been having a really hard time finding Angelia vids. I can get metric fucktons of videos for almost every other character, but there's a total lack of Angelia vids in comparison. Especially in the face of this Kira fetish that's flying around. Man is that chick popular.

Kira is just hella cool. The way shes plays is also hype thats why shes popular. Im a big Akane and Eko fan though :). I think there are less vids of Nazuna than Angelia >.>

Oh, I'm not admonishing any character here. When I first heard about this game, all I wanted to see was Kirakirakirakirakirakira. She's just a really awesome design. So is Eko. It's like the people at Examu started drawing shit after finding out a way to get high on Skittles and the adhesive on Hello Kitty stickers.

As I saw more, I grew more interested in Lieselotte "You Totally Cannot Prove ASW Ripped Me Off To Design Carl Clover" Achenbach, Kamui "Haku(wo)men?" Tokinomiya and Angelia "Why Do I Bear Such A Strange Resemblance To Jirachi?" Avallone.

And yeah, I've got a friend that really resents the lack of Nazuna videos.

I only said it because most of videos in Niconico don't contain character tags, unless they are individual matches. You can search for character names if you want to, but that will only limit your results most of the times. It's better to simply search for Arcana Heart 3 vids and watch them through and see if they contain the characters you are looking for.

There is actually a lot of Angelia footage out there, and same goes for Nazuna.

It's not like we're talking about really unpopular characters like Dorothy.

I have found a decent about of Dorothy vids. To me Dorothy is one of the cooler characters in the game imo. I call her gambit daughters, but thats beyond the point lol. You are right though I think Dorothy gets the least amount of love out of all the girls.