Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MouseWonder

Arcana Heart 3 - Out Now, Best Fighter Ever

I like to think of her as the fighting game counterpart to Trucy Wright. It's too bad more people don't play her, because it seems like like she would have some of the nastiest oki traps in the game.

I like to think of her as the fighting game counterpart to Trucy Wright. It's too bad more people don't play her, because it seems like like she would have some of the nastiest oki traps in the game.

She looks so much like Trucy lol.

heres some Dorothy matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_tp5f4TpDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYCKAUtzPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ornLUC1tqOc

It's not like we're talking about really unpopular characters like Dorothy.

I main Dorothy. With her "card hand" ability she adds a lot to an already awesome game. She does takes some coordination though. So you can't make too many mistakes.

Also, the new Guard Crush Poker Hand she has is just too good.

So that Scharlachrot character?

Is she a boss only character or something? I don't see much video's of her and I like her design the most.

She's the sub-boss char. She's also rather low-end on the tier list, so the reason you don't see her that much is probably because she doesn't bring anything uniquely amazing to the table compared to other characters like her (Last part pulled out of my ass)

She's the sub-boss char. She's also rather low-end on the tier list, so the reason you don't see her that much is probably because she doesn't bring anything uniquely amazing to the table compared to other characters like her (Last part pulled out of my ass)

Sorry, can't stay silent on that one.

Scharlachrot may be an ackward character to play but she is not low-end on the tiers.

She is more than likely A to A+ at the moment and she really isn't all that hard to find on some of the ranbats in

ikkebukuro (Gamerhino) or the 2v2 matches on Nico.

She is a heavy zoning character that can use her zoning tools to be aggressive, can do some heavy damage but

can't take damage.

I think she's not that popular because her chain attacks have ridiculously thin hit boxes and zero clash frames. Of course I have zero basis for pegging those items as the reasons other than what I've seen in videos, but they seem the most likely. But the Scharlachrot players I've seen do quite well for themselves.

Also, she's got a super that looks like Axl's IK. Resembling Axl Low in anyway is the formula for unpopularity.

EDIT: And she's not low on the tier lists... there are some discrepancies between lists regarding her placement. But she's almost always up there.

EDIT 2: Lastblade ninja'd me. Fuck.

Can anyone give their knowledge about Saki? I've looked into some videos, but the player didn't really show anything great...

Can anyone give their knowledge about Saki? I've looked into some videos, but the player didn't really show anything great...

You want to know how she plays? If I remember correctly, she is a charge character.

Saki is an offensive power house. Mixup based and yes shes a charge character. Heres a few vids of Saki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L993hN9oU6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYCKAUtzPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkSTfnrZ4E

I wasn't aware of Saki having good mix-ups. Only knew about her damage potential and being a charge character.

Saki was always about mix-ups. j.3c and Orna ([8]2x) give her great high-low and ambiguous cross-up options, while her ground charge kick has always been a great bait-and-punish move. In AH3, Shiro Aran often activates EF in middle of a block string for even crazier mix-ups. She literally looks like V.Akiha sometimes.

She was always rather average on the damage scale, though.

Also, Schar is definitely a strong character. She can keep a lot of characters at bay by poking all day long, and mix-up mines in there for additional threat. Wind is a amazing Arcana for her because not only does it make her a lot more mobile, push block helps her keep the opponents at the mid-range distance she exactly wants them to be at.

Saki is good. Matt Coma plays her pretty well. she has a 6~4 charge which leads to big damage. I think it's like just press 3A 3B 3C and then backwards and whatever button it was. It lets her get full combos meterless and with air flashkick oki. Also when saki approaches with aerials, all of them can be canceled into dive kick. One of them hits mid, the steep angled one hits high which allows for some really good mixups. She also has natural frame traps within her blockstrings too. Been hit too many times lol.

Saki was always about mix-ups. j.3c and Orna ([8]2x) give her great high-low and ambiguous cross-up options, while her ground charge kick has always been a great bait-and-punish move. In AH3, Shiro Aran often activates EF in middle of a block string for even crazier mix-ups. She literally looks like V.Akiha sometimes.

She was always rather average on the damage scale, though.

Also, Schar is definitely a strong character. She can keep a lot of characters at bay by poking all day long, and mix-up mines in there for additional threat. Wind is a amazing Arcana for her because not only does it make her a lot more mobile, push block helps her keep the opponents at the mid-range distance she exactly wants them to be at.

Yeah, I still need to learn wind. There are some really cool airdash combos with it, but she's a lot easier to combo with for the most part because 2E can be jump canceled in wind to allow meterless NHC combos. Also she has better mixups with j.2D 2A when coming from the air. People get scared of j.E so you can get people to respect something like that pretty easily. Wind is pretty much good for everyone though. Great arcana to use.

I've seen some awesome wind schar footage, but I lost the link already D: . Still working on plant though, gotta learn the correct timing for staggers in pressure, getting blown up too much.

Maaaan... I can't wait until I get training mode. I want to learn all of the arcanas with my character.

Still haven't come up with anything for evil arcana though D:. I played around with it, but the teleport combos with her are ASS. Maybe I can find some poison setups to make people take damage while I keep them out.

Plant and Wind Scharlachrot are both extremely powerful which is probably why she was placed so high in the Arcadia tier list.

Hello AH players. I'm interested in the game, I'm just confused about how to play it. Only played AH1 once, and I was confused about it felt maneuvering a character. I already play GG and BB, so will I be able to use that experience for AH3?

I wouldn't try to link games together like that (Pretty big folly even for comparing BB and GG). You at least have the advantage of common FG inputs, and (Hopefully) knowledge of good fundamentals. Other than that you'd probably just have to adapt to a new system of gameplay.

Having played GG/BB/MB would definitely make it easier to pick up AH than those that haven't played those games, but it's still a different game of its own so I would approach it with a new attitude.

The biggest learning curve, in my opinion, is how to effectively space and position yourself using homing. But this might actually not be as bad for AH3 since you get free homings from neutral state.

The mind game involving clashing is pretty deep as well, since there are so many ways to initiate clashes as well as so many options to take after clashes.

Also, on a vaguely related note, Valkenhayn's wolf cancels are somewhat similar to homing cancels in AH. At least for combo sequences like 236C > 9D and j.214B > 5D/9D.

Yeah, I still need to learn wind. There are some really cool airdash combos with it, but she's a lot easier to combo with for the most part because 2E can be jump canceled in wind to allow meterless NHC combos. Also she has better mixups with j.2D 2A when coming from the air. People get scared of j.E so you can get people to respect something like that pretty easily. Wind is pretty much good for everyone though. Great arcana to use.

I've seen some awesome wind schar footage, but I lost the link already D: . Still working on plant though, gotta learn the correct timing for staggers in pressure, getting blown up too much.

Maaaan... I can't wait until I get training mode. I want to learn all of the arcanas with my character.

Still haven't come up with anything for evil arcana though D:. I played around with it, but the teleport combos with her are ASS. Maybe I can find some poison setups to make people take damage while I keep them out.

Plant and Wind Scharlachrot are both extremely powerful which is probably why she was placed so high in the Arcadia tier list.

Yea, I actually kind of forgot about the jc'able 2E (I never mained anybody with Wind so forgive me). That is definitely great too, plus the quick fall and the boomerangs. Seems like it's the definitive Arcana for Schar, just like Kamui + Gier and Catherine + Wind.

As for the Evil Arcana, the super teleport just doesn't seem to be as useful (or rather, cost-effective) in AH3 due to the fact that the Arcana guage and the Homing guage was consolidated into one. I still think it's great for characters that can incorporate 2[E] into their combos and the poison effect off EF for everybody, but I really dunno what to say about the super teleport either.

Hello AH players. I'm interested in the game, I'm just confused about how to play it. Only played AH1 once, and I was confused about it felt maneuvering a character. I already play GG and BB, so will I be able to use that experience for AH3?

THIS is the best Arcana Heart (1) tutorial EVER! (I now it may seem like trolling but it actually goes over the basics pretty well, just keep in mind this was intended for 1, while some things still apply for 3, 3 has seen some pretty modest changes)

For those who played AH2 in one form or another... Looks like an old friend of ours is making a return (scan courtesy of woof)...

http://imgur.com/3S4V5.jpg

:/

For those unacquainted with this sexy-lookin' skimpy-dressed broken-ass wench of a last boss from AH2, she goes a little something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjUa_TY1xgc

I wonder if she'll be playable? I wonder if she'll be balanced at all, or if she'll be SNK boss hard again? And is she the mysterious 24th character to get a badge in the Suggoi Limited Edition of this game?

Looks like we gotta wait for them full details... o_o;;;

O-O~