Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Es Q&A Thread

*Banner Pending*

Quick question about a certain move's property? Can't figure out why you're dropping a certain combo? This is the place to be: you have questions and we have answers.

question: going thru a few routes I saw in the Platinum video and I'm having trouble with (stock) 2b 5b 5c 3c 623c jD 3c 6D at connecting the 6D. Is there a micro dash somewhere or is the 3c 6d just a very tight link? 

Can you give a few more details like screen position, or linking the video with a timestamp would help too.

Crouch to avoid the command grab and punish the long recovery. I think someone wrote up a character specific google doc for her combos, try asking in the Es Discord.

Any tips on using Es' Overdrive? Really liking the potential with two Crests, but in practice, it's hard to not do stuff with it without leaving big gaps for the opponent to escape. It's really fun to lay out two j.Ds and stuff, but on top of having a hard time keeping pressure up with Drive moves, how they go away on block, which makes it very hard to actually be threatening in OD.

And what about her Percival install? What are some basic combos (or any blockstrings?) to do off its buff? 623C j.D 623C loops are pretty funny, but they don't do as much damage as I'd like for requiring a setup Distortion.

I'm very fond of her OD and Percival, and especially how the two interact if you want to dump both together to get ten seconds of double Crests and infinite Bors (yeah, I am one for flashiness, I love going OD and then Percival, I am a Bang main after all)... it's just hard to piece together practically.

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Any tips on using Es' Overdrive? Really liking the potential with two Crests, but in practice, it's hard to not do stuff with it without leaving big gaps for the opponent to escape. It's really fun to lay out two j.Ds and stuff, but on top of having a hard time keeping pressure up with Drive moves, how they go away on block, which makes it very hard to actually be threatening in OD.

And what about her Percival install? What are some basic combos (or any blockstrings?) to do off its buff? 623C j.D 623C loops are pretty funny, but they don't do as much damage as I'd like for requiring a setup Distortion.

I'm very fond of her OD and Percival, and especially how the two interact if you want to dump both together to get ten seconds of double Crests and infinite Bors (yeah, I am one for flashiness, I love going OD and then Percival, I am a Bang main after all)... it's just hard to piece together practically.

Es' Overdrive/Drive isn't really designed for pressure, the gaps and startup speed of her Drive moves make them impractical for use in pressure and as blockstrings in most cases. Her Overdrive is good for combos, for some examples refer to this video.

As for her Install super, from what we've found right now it doesn't deal too much damage: or I guess you could say we haven't a found particularly damaging route. I made a video below of some common confirms. but ultimately it's up to you to figure out if you think it's worth spending the meter for it though.

55 minutes ago, Monarch said:

Es' Overdrive/Drive isn't really designed for pressure, the gaps and startup speed of her Drive moves make them impractical for use in pressure and as blockstrings in most cases. Her Overdrive is good for combos, for some examples refer to this video.

As for her Install super, from what we've found right now it doesn't deal too much damage: or I guess you could say we haven't a found particularly damaging route. I made a video below of some common confirms. but ultimately it's up to you to figure out if you think it's worth spending the meter for it though.

Oh wow, some of those Percival combos take so much work for about as much damage as I get from Gatlings > 623C Rapid j.D 5B 5C 2C (air combo). Yeah, I'm still at a pretty basic level, but I'm really feeling confident in my growth with the character. Thanks for the videos, they'll help a lot, I didn't know she could incorporate 5Ds and 214Bs in combos like that, and I'm glad to find ways to use her OD and install. At first glance, her OD seemed to have a lot of potential for shutting down a lot of space with Crests, but I guess it's just impractical.

I'm having problems with combos where i need connect 5D after  a 6C, for some reason when i try to connect both, the oponent escapes, and i cant figure it out what im doing wrong at the moment, so im in the point of don't know what to do anymore.

Sometimes i have problems to connect after gawain the 5b and 2b the oponent escapes

12 hours ago, Contreras1991 said:

I'm having problems with combos where i need connect 5D after  a 6C, for some reason when i try to connect both, the oponent escapes, and i cant figure it out what im doing wrong at the moment, so im in the point of don't know what to do anymore.

Sometimes i have problems to connect after gawain the 5b and 2b the oponent escapes

I would need to the specific combo you're trying to confirm but 6C > 5D only connects on crouching opponents. In the corner, it's also character specific because 5D's crest won't hit on some characters when they're crouching.

4 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

I would need to the specific combo you're trying to confirm but 6C > 5D only connects on crouching opponents. In the corner, it's also character specific because 5D's crest won't hit on some characters when they're crouching.

in this video shows some combos that  use that confirm 

3 minutes ago, Contreras1991 said:

in this video shows some combos that  use that confirm 

Oh, ok. Then yeah, 6C > 5D only connects on crouching opponents (Opening an opponent up crouching gives a bit more hitstun to connect things). Also, for the problem with the link into Gawain you were having, make sure you are doing the charged version of Gawain instead of the uncharged version. Other than that, can't think of what the problem could be except linking it too slow.

8 minutes ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Oh, ok. Then yeah, 6C > 5D only connects on crouching opponents (Opening an opponent up crouching gives a bit more hitstun to connect things). Also, for the problem with the link into Gawain you were having, make sure you are doing the charged version of Gawain instead of the uncharged version. Other than that, can't think of what the problem could be except linking it too slow.

ok, thanks i will, it seems that i still dont get  well the timing for that  hit, i must keep practicing

one last question, in this combo  5B > 6B > delay IAD j.B > j.C > 5A > 5B [> 3C > 5D > 214 ]x3 > 3C > 214C > 214C  how much  time you have to delay the J.B, i have seen the video, but when i try to do this combo the moment that i hit j.b  and j.c the oponent wakes up, and i cant hit the 5A

I guess the best way to describe it is that you need to do this in a way that the j.C hits as low to the ground as you see in the video example. Also, I forgot to mention it but you can also delay the j.B instead of the IAD. Both methods work but some have an easier time doing it one way than the other.

I need help with another combo  5B > 5C > en623C > falling j.D > 6C > 214 > 6C > delay 2D > delay IAD j.B > j.C > (2D Crest Hits) |>  6D > delay j.C > (6D Crest Hits) > j.D > 3C > 214D   when i connect the falling j.D and 6C the gawain cant hit my oponent, because for some reason  he is far away like 1cm of the gawain hit. My question i have to do a micro dash or something?

On 11/13/2016 at 7:33 PM, Contreras1991 said:

I need help with another combo  5B > 5C > en623C > falling j.D > 6C > 214 > 6C > delay 2D > delay IAD j.B > j.C > (2D Crest Hits) |>  6D > delay j.C > (6D Crest Hits) > j.D > 3C > 214D   when i connect the falling j.D and 6C the gawain cant hit my oponent, because for some reason  he is far away like 1cm of the gawain hit. My question i have to do a micro dash or something?

Just to be sure, are you doing charged Gawain for this combo piece? This particular combo piece requires you to do the charged version as indicated by the B in 214 [ B ] being in square brackets. 

19 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Just to be sure, are you doing charged Gawain for this combo piece? This particular combo piece requires you to do the charged version as indicated by the B in 214 [ B ] being in square brackets. 

yep im doing the charged gawain, but still miss because the oponent is far away

14 hours ago, Contreras1991 said:

yep im doing the charged gawain, but still miss because the oponent is far away

Not really sure what could be the problem then. What character are you trying it on?

On 17/11/2016 at 0:23 AM, RurouniLoneWolf said:

On Ragna, if you delay the 214 [ B ] just a tiny bit, it should connect. Give it a shot. 

still trying to find that tiny delay, i could connect once, but after that im failing.  

In the other combos that use the 6D delay j.c JC (6D Crest hits) falling JD , i fail the last thing because when the crest hits Es is in the floor already, any tips for that movement?