Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RifleAvenger

Looking For Advice on Finding Good Controller

One of these days I'll just stump up for a stick.  Today is not that day.  That day may never come.

Anyways, I'm looking for advice on getting a good PS4 controller for ASW fighters (and for the shooters I play as well).  I usually play with analog stick, not the D-pad, so I'm looking for an Xbox style controller.  I own a Power-A Tournament Controller and a Tier 1 FPS controller (the latter is my favorite due to its amazing stick feel), both for PS3.  For their own reasons, neither works for PS4 Revelator.

• The Power-A works, but the sticks are non-operational, and being an Xbox type controller the D-pad is ass.  Also, it disables any other controllers for some reason.
  • The Tier 1 fails to work at all, since it falsely ID's itself as a DualShock3 and gets blocked by the PS4.

I looked at the Hori FPS+ controller as a possibility, but a lot of reviews said they didn't like the feel of the sticks.  I'm looking for something like the Tier 1 in feel, where the analog sticks are sensitive, but also really stable (not loose feeling like the DualShock).  Any advice and opinions are welcome.

I dont know about controllers, all I can do is point out is first you say "one of these days Ill get a stick" but then say "that day may never come."

That doesn't make sense bruh.

It's like saying "I'll do my work tomorrow," and when the new day comes saying "I'll do it tomorrow, again."  It's always happening "tomorrow," and so it never actually happens.

That said, if you're going to talk about how I worded my post instead of giving an actual answer, send me a PM next time instead, ya?

If you tell us about your budget, that would be a great help.
I'm not personally an expert about different gamepads, but having a general idea about how much you're willing to spend reeeeally help in narrowing the options people can suggest you.

Also, I strongly reccomend the D-Pad too. It SEEMS easier with the analog stick at first as it is easier to visualize the inputs there. You know, things like a quarter circle seem just right on a circle-shaped input device. However the D-Pad allows for more precision and somehow faster imputs. In that reguard, the standard PS3/PS4 joystick is basically already good enough if you're not looking for an arcade stick.