Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Story Discussion

41 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

The main villain was actually THE Susano'o of the japanese folklore!? Um... Now my mind is scrambled... Was Ragna truly in the right? Or was he just a pawn for Amaterasu? Who is right and who is wrong? Was the world SUPPOSE to be destroyed? My mind hurts now...

I like how they had hinted that this was the case in previous games. Terumi called himself the true Susanoo during his astral and Mu called him the black Susanoo.

34 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Speaking of Izanagi, was his potential identity revealed or at all confirmed during CF? I know he was mentioned by Izanami but that was back near the end of CP.

Jin was the one who became Izanagi. :)

Speaking of Terumi, I want to understand this:

After Ragna removed him from the Susanoo, Trinity used Hiirokane (Don't recall correctly the name) and cuts Terumi's soul, meaning he is dead, right? But then, why did Ragna need to fight Terumi itself one more time before it really got killed?

EDIT: Oh, and the Spectacles are back, indeed, even not being cameo. Just to state here

1 hour ago, Dovahkyon said:

So in the end Terumi is just a troll.. thought he'd have better reason for what he does.

oh well it does suit him tho.

He's a god, its literally in his very nature to destroy. No complex backstory needed.

58 minutes ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

He's a god, its literally in his very nature to destroy. No complex backstory needed.

still lame, its like saying he's evil because he's evil it's self.  you don't need a complex backstory to give someone a good reason to be bad.

I'm inclined to agree. Very little happens in Blazblue for no reason. Izanami seemed also like pure evil for no reason, but her backstory gives her a pass, since that's basically what she was intended to be in the first place.

But it's LITERALLY in his nature to fuck up Amaterasu. That's his purpose.

Also, the entire time that Es is fighting, Murakumo is actually in its scabbard. She only takes it out when she uses her Astral.

What I don't understand is how many Saya's are there? Before Ragna heads off to the gate he fights Noel and Jin. Noel calls him Ni-sama and she calls Jin Jin-ni-sama. But Ragna refers to her as Noel. Don't have proper context as to why they fought, but after he got through with both of them they all had a big old hug and cry fest. After the fight, he heads off to the Amaterasu unit and speaks with Saya. Again, This time he properly refers to her as Saya, not Noel. So I'm a little confused, is Saya more than one person all sharing the same life? 

18 hours ago, Luminos564 said:

That...can't be healthy.  Anyone got the skinny on why Hazama has a gaping hole in his chest?

Also, Amane was right to be worried about the corruption happening on Ragna's body in Act 3. By the time Ragna finally disposed of Terumi and has said his goodbyes THIS is what he looks like. Notable in that this was not present when he had that last hug with Jin and Noel. 

Fun fact: Terumi's final parting words to Ragna are "Suffer unto eternity...Ragna the Bloodedge" (romanji: eien ni kurushime) and one last cackle. I find this to be so damn appropriate for the character.

If you have the jp I'd translate it.

And a general: if it involves Terumi/Hazama I'll try to translate things, and if somehow Kazuma came up at all I will DEFINITELY translate that.

3 hours ago, Dovahkyon said:

still lame, its like saying he's evil because he's evil it's self.  you don't need a complex backstory to give someone a good reason to be bad.

3 hours ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

I'm inclined to agree. Very little happens in Blazblue for no reason. Izanami seemed also like pure evil for no reason, but her backstory gives her a pass, since that's basically what she was intended to be in the first place.

Terumi is literally exactly the same way haha, he outright says that fucking up what Amaterasu creates is what gives his existence meaning.

Its more or less the same as the actual legend its based on. If you want an actual "reason", its mostly because of jealousy and pettiness.  

1 hour ago, BlackYakuzu94 said:

Terumi is literally exactly the same way haha, he outright says that fucking up what Amaterasu creates is what gives his existence meaning.

Its more or less the same as the actual legend its based on. If you want an actual "reason", its mostly because of jealousy and pettiness.  

Man, I'm getting flashbacks to this scene.

So just to check i on stuff, did something happen to Ada? I heard some stuff what might have happened to her, so I just want to confirm if it really happened.

13 minutes ago, TPPR10 said:

So just to check i on stuff, did something happen to Ada? I heard some stuff what might have happened to her, so I just want to confirm if it really happened.

Carl fought Relius. Carl pushed Nirvana so hard that it destroyed Ada's soul. Ada is no more.

19 minutes ago, TekkamanArk said:

Carl fought Relius. Carl pushed Nirvana so hard that it destroyed Ada's soul. Ada is no more.

Yeah, that was the story what I heard. Damn. Even Litchi's story ended better, even if bit bittersweet from what I've heard (though I haven't heard true confirmation on Arakune's fate).

Also, who did shoot out Carl's eye?

All this drama and I nearly forgot about the greatest joke route of all time. 

Someone who has gotten the Spectacles gag reel, please tell me how did it end up like this, lmao

Is she holding....a knife?!

spectacles.jpg

For those who are not sure about mythological Susanoo's, and by extension Terumi's motivations, here are some photos of a book I recently purchased ('Handbook of Japanese Mythology' by Michael Ashkenazi). Really, Blazblue is quite faithful to the original source in many respects.

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

14 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Speaking of Terumi, I want to understand this:

After Ragna removed him from the Susanoo, Trinity used Hiirokane (Don't recall correctly the name) and cuts Terumi's soul, meaning he is dead, right? But then, why did Ragna need to fight Terumi itself one more time before it really got killed?

EDIT: Oh, and the Spectacles are back, indeed, even not being cameo. Just to state here

As usual, it's not really clear. From my understanding, Terumi can live as long as people fear him. Maybe it's a god thing, he lives as long as people believe in him? When Jin in Susano'o slays Ragna and Terumi, Susano'o is now a hero who saved the world so nobody fears him. But the Azure chose them to go to Azure Horizon, so they fight there. This time Ragna is able to really kill him, without anything tying him to the world. That's how I understand it, anyway.

6 hours ago, TPPR10 said:

Yeah, that was the story what I heard. Damn. Even Litchi's story ended better, even if bit bittersweet from what I've heard (though I haven't heard true confirmation on Arakune's fate).

Also, who did shoot out Carl's eye?

In story mode, he goes into the Kagatsuchi Cauldron to verify the things Relius taught him and see the structure of the world himself. This ends up blinding him and he'd have died if Nirvana didn't rescue him. Carl is a pretty big dangling thread.