Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Story Discussion

Something that I didn't understand: IIRC Rachel is supposed to sleep for an entire century after Ragna rescue her, but in the last cutscene she is already OK, does it means that she never needed the rest if Ragna restored the world?

Well...

1 hour ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Something that I didn't understand: IIRC Rachel is supposed to sleep for an entire century after Ragna rescue her, but in the last cutscene she is already OK, does it means that she never needed the rest if Ragna restored the world?

Or maybe that scene takes place a 100 years after the ending of CF, who knows.

Just now, 1337 H@x0r said:

Or maybe that scene takes place a 100 years after the ending of CF, who knows.

Eh... I don't think so, because the most of the cast would be dead or way older, don't you think?

Well...

Just now, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Eh... I don't think so, because the most of the cast would be dead or way older, don't you think?

Wasn't Rachel's scene that last one shown? How do we know it's on the same time period as the rest of the ending?

I see three possibilities:

1- Valkenhein is pouring tea to a Rachel who sleeps and the scene with Ragna's grave takes place in the future after she awakes.

2- Rachel pays her homages to Ragna right before going to sleep.

3- Maybe she doesn't need to sleep because of the reasons you pointed.

3 hours ago, Sashide said:

They were! They talked every day, she was Kazuma's only real friend, though he's a bit of an idiot about realizing it. Also if you think that about Kazuma I'd suggest rereading the very first chapter before Terumi is the picture + the beastkin attacks, he's a bit of a derp but he's certainly not rotten then. He had the chance to be a decent guy, even Clavis says this.

The impression I got from Phase Shift 1 was that Kazuma was just an average guy. He wasn't evil but he wasn't particularly nice either. He went evil pretty rapidly after meeting Terumi, which to be honest disappointed me. I had hoped he would have had a serious inner struggle about whether he should side with the kind girl that was trying to help him or with the shady psychopath who obviously had a hidden agenda. However other than one scene where he wondered if he could trust Trinity, Kazuma pretty much went along with everything Terumi said.

The fact that Trinity was never able to admit that the guy she fell in love with had gone completely evil even after all of the atrocities he gleefully committed makes Trinity seem really foolish to me.

Ok I need to clarify something like when Noel and Mu merged back together again, Noel/Mu was revealed to be actually be Saya herself and that after she was kidnapped by Terumi to be experimented on by Relius to that her body can be used for Izanami, Saya's soul was trapped in Mu's body but later got amnesia after entering the latter's body and somehow escaped from Terumi and Relius while her original soulless body was trapped inside the Master Unit. But after Izanami and Terumi were both killed by Noel and Ragna respectively, Noel/Mu merged with her original body inside the Master Unit and became Saya again while curing her of the illness that her original body had.

5 hours ago, relic.nt said:

Yeah... after reading Phase Shift 1, it didn't even really seem Kazuma and Trinity were very close anyway. And Kazuma's inner thoughts were always pretty rotten... I didn't feel like he was a decent guy who got corrupted.

Actually, I was confused whether or not Hazama really is Kazuma after all. On top of Trinity's slips of tongue, at the end of the game, Trinity says:

Hide contents

[Susanoo Unit goes back into the Boundary] Thanks to you, I was able to meet everyone again... Celica, Valkenhayn, Jubei, Hakumen... And Nine. And even... Him. It's almost like a "miracle"... No, it definitely was a miracle... I'll take that miracle with me, and go... To a place where we can sleep in peace.

I'm not sure who she was referring to.  [Edit: Nevermind, just me being dumb. She must have been referring to Ragna, I forgot she traveled with him during the Dark War. Also, she knew what Ragna was planning to do at the end. *sigh* Why can't people speak straight in this game... always "him", "her", "it", and "that" even after all the secrets are revealed.]

Also, in Naoto's arcade and VS quotes, he clearly recognizes Hazama as someone who caused Naoto a ton of problems (although he says this Hazama is more mature.) Hazama does not recognize Naoto and Relius says he doesn't remember Hazama from back then. Relius says Naoto is definitely the Naoto Kurogane he knew. Raquel says their world is a possibility or starting point off of this world.

In story mode, Naoto says Ragna is a possibility of Naoto. When Hazama jumps into the Cauldron, everyone assumes he'll get torn apart in there, but Naoto is initially adamant that Hazama survived.

How can Ragna be a possibility of Naoto when they are literally two different people with a different background?

Can someone just clarify for me if the grave at the end with the red ribbon is supposed to be for Ragna or Celica?

Also, just touching upon the 100 year sleep thing with Rachel. Ragna's sword did look pretty damn beat up, like a century of no maintenance type of thing. 

6 hours ago, relic.nt said:

Ah, they have a Battle Royale to decide who gets to be Ragna's true love. At this part, they're doing a cooking battle. Everyone is very yandere, except for Celica and Noel, who just wants to cook him food. But... her food is as expected. Haha, as expected, Izanami's food is identical to Noel's food. She actively uses it to poison mostly everyone else though.

Lmfao

Do you have anything on that joke ending in Famitsu a few months ago? IIRC it was a continuation of Jin's brotherly paradise. I remember Kagura and Izanami being there too.

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

Also, just touching upon the 100 year sleep thing with Rachel. Ragna's sword did look pretty damn beat up, like a century of no maintenance type of thing. 

To me that sword looked damaged from battle rather than from neglect. It looked cracked rather than corroded.

1 hour ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Lmfao

Do you have anything on that joke ending in Famitsu a few months ago? IIRC it was a continuation of Jin's brotherly paradise. I remember Kagura and Izanami being there too.

Ah, that one was good. Izanami buys Brotherly Paradise. Jin has a contest with her over who deserves to own the island. They name their top 3 best Ragna moments. Jin loses all three rounds... I think Saya's number one that makes Jin go crazy was Ragna's zettai ryoukai: His neckline that's exposed when he activates BlazBlue. After that, the island sinks from being overused. Saya and Kagura escape in a helicopter, Jin decides to go down with the island.

2 hours ago, Hero19 said:

How can Ragna be a possibility of Naoto when they are literally two different people with a different background?

It's not clear? They have the same Drive though. And when Naoto activates his Drive, he looks almost exactly like young Ragna (his hair turns white and eyes turn red.) They have a ton of parallels... sibling issues, relationship with a vampire, bloodedge name... Earlier in the game, Rachel says that they're the same existence.

10 minutes ago, relic.nt said:

Ah, that one was good. Izanami buys Brotherly Paradise. Jin has a contest with her over who deserves to own the island. They name their top 3 best Ragna moments. Jin loses all three rounds... I think Saya's number one that makes Jin go crazy was Ragna's zettai ryoukai: His neckline that's exposed when he activates BlazBlue. After that, the island sinks from being overused. Saya and Kagura escape in a helicopter, Jin decides to go down with the island.

That one sounds way too precious to watch in anything but a dub.

Any other gag reels? Those two sound 10/10 so I'm hoping they all are like that.

15 minutes ago, relic.nt said:

That one sounds glorious, the brotherly paradise gags where always one of my favorites.

6 minutes ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

Any other gag reels? Those two sound 10/10 so I'm hoping they all are like that.

The back of Spectacles of Eros, with some cooking contest as it seems, and Alucard Sisters Dating Simulator, starring Naoto as the MC

7 hours ago, Sashide said:

They were! They talked every day, she was Kazuma's only real friend, though he's a bit of an idiot about realizing it. Also if you think that about Kazuma I'd suggest rereading the very first chapter before Terumi is the picture + the beastkin attacks, he's a bit of a derp but he's certainly not rotten then. He had the chance to be a decent guy, even Clavis says this.

I re-read it and thought about it... I guess you're right. His values didn't align with my own even in the beginning, so I guess I judged him harshly. I saw him as a guy who still didn't know his own likes and dislikes, but would have liked hurting people once he tried it, even without Terumi. And as soon as he talked to Terumi, he became evil really fast and never put up any resistance, as though he was discovering his destiny. And I didn't see his relationship with Trinity as anything more than 'school friends.' You know, like casual acquaintances.

But... I find relationships are portrayed weird in BlazBlue (Litchi/Roy didn't seem that close to me in the Extend stories, Celica became eternally devoted to Ragna after a month long trip) and characters are corrupted really easily (Tsubaki, who is clearly portrayed as a good guy, decides to try to defeat Makoto for Jin's sake really, really fast.) So in the ultra-selfish BlazBlue universe, I guess Trinity and Kazuma were really close and Kazuma might have become a decent guy.

1 minute ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

They say so, unfortunately never saw a screenshot about it, just with Rachel

I think it's just them using Rachel sprite twice since we never see a sprite of Raquel at all in the game beside the arcade cg used for Naoto Act 3 for her.

1 hour ago, MaximusMurkimus said:

The other two are:

- *sigh* Big breasted girls against flat chested girls + Trinity who has talking breasts. It is Magical Girl Trinity, so at least there's more Ding Dong Dash. And there's a part with Nine being sweet with 'Jubei.'

- Naoto is stuck in a dating sim game and Raquel (using the Rachel sprite) is guiding him through it. Lots of parody of gal games (nonsense choices and unrealistic scenarios.) Naoto ends up getting the bad end and presses the reset button, which ends up showing the Take-Mikazuchi blast and Naoto asks what kind of game resets like that.

I hope there really is an extend version, I'm always up for more Gags.

I added more detail to my summary regarding the last fight with Hazama. Since I think it could lead to a lot of theories, I thought it would be better to be more detailed. I'm not sure what it says about Kazuma being Hazama, but I think it really does suggest that this Hazama will take a large role in BE:

Spoiler

Naoto stops Ragna from killing Hazama. He says Ragna shouldn't attack to destroy, he should fight just to save. Naoto says it seems like Ragna is a possibility of himself. He says he'll save Ragna. They fight. Ragna wakes up. Naoto tells Hazama he should be happy Naoto saved him. Hazama says, 'Saved me? You, saved me? ...Heh heh heh, hahahaha! I see, this truly is... Interesting... Heh. It seems... There's still a "future" left.' Jin finally breaks into the area, Trinity says "Kazuma... No, Hazama..." Hazama says he would rather die than be "saved" by Ragna. Trinity says "Hazama-san..." and Hazama says, "I really hate those kind and compassionate eyes of yours... Anyway, Ragna. I look forward to the fun possibilities." He jumps into the Cauldron. Trinity (IMO sadly) says, "Kazuma-san...", but Naoto says Hazama is still alive. Then he nervously laughs and backtracks, telling everyone it's just his intuition. Naoto says the Azure he's looking for isn't in this world and it feels like his role is over. He says his actions were for the sake of his... no... "our" world. Naoto asks Ragna to stop the suffering of the Murakumo units. Rachel (combined with Raquels voice) thanks Naoto right before he disappears.

Also, Ragna's earlier conversation with Hazama:

Spoiler

Ragna wakes up with Hazama in a place that looks like the top of the Kagutsuchi cathedral. Hazama says this place is a "forsaken event", a space between dimensions with no possibilities. Ragna contemplates this is what humanity caused by using the Master Unit and what the end of the world looks like. Hazama says he doesn't know why he's still alive. After Trinity pulled Terumi out, she should have stabbed and killed Hazama. Instead, she let him live, maybe because he looks like her old friend. But now he can act independently. Ragna asks what Hazama's dream is. Hazama says Terumi feeds off pain and sorrow, but Hazama can't feel pain, either the pain of his own or of others. Hazama shows Ragna a gaping hole on his chest. He says the wound Trinity gave him when she stabbed him throbs and he can feel it. That pain makes him feel self-aware and independent. Hazama says, "My dream is to know." He wants to know the pain and suffering of others. Hazama says he needs to get some things to do this and he'll need Ragna's help. Hazama brings out Mu and says he found her, but she's annoyingly incomplete. She's his heart, like Nu is Ragna's heart. Hazama, as an Azure Grimoire himself, wants to become the "Black Beast"... no... the "Azure Flame Grimoire." In order for Hazama to do this, Ragna will need to teach him more pain and suffering. Ragna and Mu briefly fight, but Ragna successfully gets her to wake up. Ragna is confused why she and Noel both exist. Mu says she was detached from the Noel Ragna has been interacting with. They try to use the cocoon to return to their world. (The cocoon has the same functions as the cauldron used to smelt Mu.) Only Ragna makes it. Mu's voice says she might be able to come back if Noel is brought near a Cauldron.

By "our" world, does that mean BEE is indeed connected to BlazBlue, as opposed to an alternate reality?

I feel like getting a specific time period would help piece things together.

2 hours ago, relic.nt said:

I re-read it and thought about it... I guess you're right. His values didn't align with my own even in the beginning, so I guess I judged him harshly. I saw him as a guy who still didn't know his own likes and dislikes, but would have liked hurting people once he tried it, even without Terumi. And as soon as he talked to Terumi, he became evil really fast and never put up any resistance, as though he was discovering his destiny. And I didn't see his relationship with Trinity as anything more than 'school friends.' You know, like casual acquaintances.

But... I find relationships are portrayed weird in BlazBlue (Litchi/Roy didn't seem that close to me in the Extend stories, Celica became eternally devoted to Ragna after a month long trip) and characters are corrupted really easily (Tsubaki, who is clearly portrayed as a good guy, decides to try to defeat Makoto for Jin's sake really, really fast.) So in the ultra-selfish BlazBlue universe, I guess Trinity and Kazuma were really close and Kazuma might have become a decent guy.

I think you're right on that: that he would have liked hurting people with or without Terumi, because of who he's created for. BUT if he wasn't pushed, he had the potential to be a normal (albeit) confused, guy. And the discovering his fate/destiny thing is exactly like that, because not knowing who he was really haunted him, and it seems Hazama suffers similarly, though he handles it better. On the Kazuma x Trinity thing I agree with you completely-- especially on how relationships are portrayed in BB and with that in mind, and how Trinity acts in retrospect it makes a bit more sense. Trinity is a sweet heart though, but I personally think Kazuma liked her too, but crossed wires and listening to Terumi etc.

Spoiler

""I really hate those kind and compassionate eyes of yours... "

...I will h ave to look this up, but I think kazuma directly says something like this in the novels...huh.