Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Story Discussion

On 2016-10-25 at 6:58 PM, Volt said:

Well, since she's completely unreleased yet, nope. No fighting. She does show up though and have a few CGs. Thing is, you really should watch CP's Story Mode before hanging around in this thread, otherwise you won't understand anything and spoilers for CF are already flying around here.

No, I have already accidentally spoiled all the story for myself. I know what happens in the games, I'm just a bit unclear on some of the exact details like who fights who and how some of the storymode systems play out.

The Main CP Story is divided in three routes, the main being "Chrono Phantasma" (Creative Name :v:). CF has only one and a few Sub Scenarios. So if you watch at least the main CP route and the "Six Heroes" route you should be able to understand the change in format. It actually turned out a lot better than CSEX's style in my opinion, despite a few losses like the dedicated Hazama route where he trolls everyone. At least we still got the gag reels.

I still say the change was a turn for the worse. I'm one of those people that think that more stuff = better. I'm not asking for quantity over quality, but allowing each character their own branch and storymode playthrough was in my opinion better for the game in the long run. Arcade more sure, but making me play as characters I otherwise didn't feel like playing was part of the storymodes charm. I had to play them if I wanted the entire story.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

You mean that the whole part of the game that started the deal about everyone's dreams, made character interactions that developed a lot of characters like Bang and set the rest of the plot in motion was a waste of time?

The memory loss/alteration aspect made it pointless, since that made it so that the plot doesn't advance at all until Ragna encounters Nine. The cast's dreams didn't need that in order to come into play, and none of the interactions develop the characters or further their stories due to everything being little more than yet another take on CT; Bullet is the only character it becomes relevant to, and it was hardly the only way to get her thinking that Tager was her captain.

If Jin's body goes poof like Celica's like Volt says then that makes more sense. I find it hard to believe that Jin can't even throw a punch or a kick considering he looked no worse for ware during the epilogue. I thought maybe his ability to wield Yukianasa's power or perhaps having his drive completely disappear was what made him unable to fight in that sense. In other words he was no longer all powerful but just another regular NOL scrub.

4 hours ago, Volt said:

I really wish you posted the link to that interview just so I could point it out and say "And in the link posted above, we can see Mori lying in his natural habitat."

Seriously, if (or when) we have a BB sequel, I'm sure Jin will find Yukianesa and just go wreck stuff with the Power of Order.

Besides, I don't think Ragna the Shipedge would tell Jin to stay in the NOL and be Tsubaki's boss if Jin would have kept a messed up body. And I'm pretty sure Kagura wasn't packing his sword in that ending too, so Jin being unarmed is more a symbol of peace than inability to fight.

Why would Mori lie about this? It's pretty obvious that this story is over. Jin's role as a hero is finished and now he's paying the price for pressing on and ignoring all the injuries he suffered throughout the games. If they're going to have another BB game it will be with a new cast and Jin will be at the sidelines at best. And just because Jin is in the NOL doesn't mean he has to be a front line fighter. As a head of the Duodecim and with a high rank within the NOL military he can have an administrative position. Jin showed himself to be a genius so he'd do really well in a desk job.

This reminds me of people saying that Mori will contrive a way to bring Terumi back to life, ignoring the fact that it would render the events of the first four games almost pointless. There's no need to bring back these characters.

47 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

This reminds me of people saying that Mori will contrive a way to bring Terumi back to life, ignoring the fact that it would render the events of the first four games almost pointless. There's no need to bring back these characters.

Yeah? Tell that to Zato-1 in Xrd. Zato was canonically confirmed to be dead after GGX and Eddie took over the roster spot in GGXX: Midnight Carnival. Then out comes Xrd: SIGN and suddenly Zato is back among the living. Aria was dead even longer than he was and after the events of Revelator, she's been successfully revived as well.

The chief ruling in fighting games is that, assuming that at some point you decide to kill off a character or 2, you need to either find ways to justify them coming back (Terumi self-observing against Time Killer, Nu-13 forcefully reconstructing after Lamb-chops' body was "killed" and her soul freed) or you need to create replacement characters to retain the unique gameplay that the characters you offed brought to the table. Story has a surprisingly small effect on what actually gets put on the roster at the end of the day.

However, I am in agreement that doing so would render the past 4 games of conflict and build-up utterly fruitless. There is a deep sense of bittersweet satisfaction in seeing Ragna go all Black Onslaught on Terumi and finally impaling him. Nine had her final moments and closure. Celica soon followed. Arakune has thankfully been exterminated. Noel and Lamb-chops are taking care of an injured Nu-13, with Noel wanting to give them a happy life which is a fine way to end the sad tales of the Murakumos. Haku-men too played his part, let the old weary warrior rest. Almost everyone that didn't get buried 6-feet under is free to pursue more peaceful goals (NOL rebuilding the world, Bang restoring Ikaruga, Amane doing...whatever it is he wants). Even Ragna, despite erasing himself from everyone's memories can at least keep the last bits of "Saya" company within the Boundary.

My only chief complaint about the ending is that Relius and Hazama are still at large. I was honestly hoping the both of them get imprisoned but nope.

23 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

Yeah? Tell that to Zato-1 in Xrd. Zato was canonically confirmed to be dead after GGX and Eddie took over the roster spot in GGXX: Midnight Carnival. Then out comes Xrd: SIGN and suddenly Zato is back among the living. Aria was dead even longer than he was and after the events of Revelator, she's been successfully revived as well.

The chief ruling in fighting games is that, assuming that at some point you decide to kill off a character or 2, you need to either find ways to justify them coming back (Terumi self-observing against Time Killer, Nu-13 forcefully reconstructing after Lamb-chops' body was "killed" and her soul freed) or you need to create replacement characters to retain the unique gameplay that the characters you offed brought to the table. Story has a surprisingly small effect on what actually gets put on the roster at the end of the day.

However, I am in agreement that doing so would render the past 4 games of conflict and build-up utterly fruitless. There is a deep sense of bittersweet satisfaction in seeing Ragna go all Black Onslaught on Terumi and finally impaling him. Nine had her final moments and closure. Celica soon followed. Arakune has thankfully been exterminated. Noel and Lamb-chops are taking care of an injured Nu-13, with Noel wanting to give them a happy life which is a fine way to end the sad tales of the Murakumos. Haku-men too played his part, let the old weary warrior rest. Almost everyone that didn't get buried 6-feet under is free to pursue more peaceful goals (NOL rebuilding the world, Bang restoring Ikaruga, Amane doing...whatever it is he wants). Even Ragna, despite erasing himself from everyone's memories can at least keep the last bits of "Saya" company within the Boundary.

My only chief complaint about the ending is that Relius and Hazama are still at large. I was honestly hoping the both of them get imprisoned but nope.

I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds depending on the popularity of characters like Nine, Naoto, and Es. Still, it is clear that Terumi will remain dead, otherwise the plot of the four games would have been pointless.

Has anyone created a list of all the victory quotes? I only just wrote down whatever victory quotes I found from watching gameplay of the English demo. I don't know if anyone already posted a list here, trying not to read too much of this thread.  

16 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Why would Mori lie about this? It's pretty obvious that this story is over. Jin's role as a hero is finished and now he's paying the price for pressing on and ignoring all the injuries he suffered throughout the games. If they're going to have another BB game it will be with a new cast and Jin will be at the sidelines at best. And just because Jin is in the NOL doesn't mean he has to be a front line fighter. As a head of the Duodecim and with a high rank within the NOL military he can have an administrative position. Jin showed himself to be a genius so he'd do really well in a desk job.

And very risky to put a new cast in a fighting game, especially if they replace famous character in a certain franchise.

Many fighting games in the past have undergone a change of more or less radical cast without, however, ever touching historical icons such as Ryu, Ken and Chun in SF3 where they were the only characters from the previous games (and many fans complained of the absence of the classic characters in favor of another not exactly succeeded)

Even KOF has not eliminated Kyo and Iori from the roster during the canonical chapters of the nest saga (where the main protagonists were K and his group) when SNK could insert them, from then on, only in dream match chapter with characters like Rugal , Goenitz etc.

Sure, you could create a new character that contains the moves of the old one, but this not solve the problem .... SC5 is a perfect example.

If in BB5 they want only include characters such as Hazama or Relius it would be better to create a new ip, and continue the story of BB only through light novel

But this only my opinion.

And remember folks....Mori is a liar XD

You forgot akuma was  in street fighter iii and also mori said no side novels after cf about Jin,tsukbaki,Kagura,and Noel since their story is done .

50 minutes ago, Toxin45 said:

You forgot akuma was  in street fighter iii and also mori said no side novels after cf about Jin,tsukbaki,Kagura,and Noel since their story is done .

Akuma .... I always forget about him :sweatdrop:
However, as a novel, I mean stuff like Bloodedge experience, not stories related to Jin, Tsubaki etc

Spoiler

(for example, a novel which tells the PFD war, and where it sheds light on some obscure points in the lore of BB where Relius and Hazama can make their appearance)

And then, never trust too much Mori words:vbang:

Spoiler

i'm not a fan of Jin, but i'd kill for a next iteration jin who is older and bearded with long, flowing hair, using 5b.

As said, it's going to be really hard re-adding certain characters especially the main heroes and villans. I mean it is definitely not impossible. Like, at all. but they'd have a ton of 'splaining to do, and well, they probably wouldnt do so great a job at it. I'm just in agreeance that it'd probably be wise to keep the money-makers (protaganists) in the next game, if there is one; and if there is, everyone just needs to be prepared for a slightly bullshit explanation, which I personally wouldn't care about

One of the things I didn't like the story mode is that Noel is a scared macguffin girl and a somewhat damesl in distress it undos all the character development she had in cp.

Don't forget that version of tsubaki at the end of cf and we'll get a terumi replacement just some inherited his gameplay style.

Speaking of the red head yandere Tsubaki, what happened to her through CF story? Not her ending, but during the whole story, because something seems a little bit off for me. It is just a hunch, so I may put it in the Speculations thread after someone answering this to me..

6 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

One of the things I didn't like the story mode is that Noel is a scared macguffin girl and a somewhat damesl in distress it undos all the character development she had in cp.

She's been that way since CT son :V

4 hours ago, JustaMaskedFreak said:

Speaking of the red head yandere Tsubaki, what happened to her through CF story? Not her ending, but during the whole story, because something seems a little bit off for me. It is just a hunch, so I may put it in the Speculations thread after someone answering this to me..

Like what? She's mostly a supporting character this time around, she doesn't actually get many scenes.

You know, looking at the ending and everything, it kinda feels like a slap to the face to see Nu alive. Ragna was the one thing she cared about, and now, with no memories of him, she's like... an empty shell...

But given the after credits, I'm willing to bet her story isn't over yet.

Well actually she is too bed ridden to do anything she now lives with both Noel and lambda she is still sore after hakumen trashed her into a coma.

1 hour ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

You know, looking at the ending and everything, it kinda feels like a slap to the face to see Nu alive. Ragna was the one thing she cared about, and now, with no memories of him, she's like... an empty shell...

I actually agree with this, she looked lost and hopeless. Not the way I want to remember her last scene. I kind of wish she had interacted a bit with Lambda and Noel in the prologue to give me a sense on how she behaves around them. I get the feeling she is non too happy to have been rescued by them.

Well...

One thing which wasn't left clean for me is what happened with Trinity in the arcade when compared to the story.

I have been told that Platinum build a new body for Trinity using Muchorin but in the story it seemed as if her ghost took control of Susanoo to cut down Terumi and Ragna. What the hell exactly happened between those two event, if they happened at all?

1 hour ago, kylehyde said:

I actually agree with this, she looked lost and hopeless. Not the way I want to remember her last scene. I kind of wish she had interacted a bit with Lambda and Noel in the prologue to give me a sense on how she behaves around them. I get the feeling she is non too happy to have been rescued by them.

Okay, now you're just making me feel more sorry for her than I already do...

Spoiler

... *proceeds to burst into tears* I JUST WANNA HUG NU AND TELL HER EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!  :cry:

10 minutes ago, 1337 H@x0r said:

Well...

One thing which wasn't left clean for me is what happened with Trinity in the arcade when compared to the story.

I have been told that Platinum build a new body for Trinity using Muchorin but in the story it seemed as if her ghost took control of Susanoo to cut down Terumi and Ragna. What the hell exactly happened between those two event, if they happened at all?

Unfortunately, the new body was nothing more than a temporary materialization.

Well...

2 minutes ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Hide contents

... *proceeds to burst into tears* I JUST WANNA HUG NU AND TELL HER EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!  :cry:

Unfortunately, the new body was nothing more than a temporary materialization.

Dang, the booty was just an illusion!

As for Nu, her ending is really bittersweet, Ragna couldn't save her completely from her own madness and now she is bond to a bed until she finds a new purpose in life. At least Lambdachops got out the best way possible.

Two out of the three shown Murakumos ended sane and happy in Mori's insane shitstorm of desperation, I'd call that victory.

12 hours ago, BlazGearRegalia said:

Hide contents

If it makes you both feel any better, Nu-13's situation isn't that bleak. Sure, getting a thrashing from Haku-men is the equivalent to getting rammed face-first by an 18-wheeler but her body will recover in due time. If there's one thing the Murakumos are known for, it's that they're extraordinarily resilient. She's also got both Noel and Lamb-chops to look after her so she's definitely not going to have to suffer through this alone. And as for losing her memories of Ragna, that situation is more dependant on your perspective of things.

Granted yes, he was all she ultimately wanted and now that she no longer remembers him, it's disheartening. But the problem was that her wants (influenced by the Origin/Saya) were warped and twisted into something rather unsavory. Thus her perpetual madness regarding him. In that sense, Ragna removing her memories of him is the best thing he could possibly give her, considering what his ultimate fate ended up being. With no memories of him to "shape her", Nu-13 does indeed look empty in that last moment. But I prefer to see that little white bird that comes to visit her as more symbolic, in that she's now free to define herself outside of her obsession with Ragna. She can now grow up, have at least something resembling a happy life because unlike before, she's definitely not alone anymore. Yes, it will take time but the most important thing is that she is alive and as long as she has that, anything is possible.

15 minutes ago, Luminos564 said:

If it makes you both feel any better, Nu-13's situation isn't that bleak. Sure, getting a thrashing from Haku-men is the equivalent to getting rammed face-first by an 18-wheeler but her body will recover in due time. If there's one thing the Murakumos are known for, it's that they're extraordinarily resilient. She's also got both Noel and Lamb-chops to look after her so she's definitely not going to have to suffer through this alone. And as for losing her memories of Ragna, that situation is more dependant on your perspective of things.

Grated yes, he was all she ultimately wanted and now that she no longer remembers him, it's disheartening. But the problem was that her wants (influenced by the Origin/Saya) were warped and twisted into something rather unsavory. Thus her perpetual madness regarding him. In that sense, Ragna removing her memories of him is the best thing he could possibly give her, considering what his ultimate fate ended up being. With no memories of him to "shape her", Nu-13 does indeed look empty in that last moment. But I prefer to see that little white bird that comes to visit her as more symbolic, in that she's now free to define herself outside of her obsession with Ragna. She can now grow up, have at least something resembling a happy life because unlike before, she's definitely not alone anymore. Yes, it will take time but the most important thing is that she is alive and as long as she has that, anything is possible.

Funny, I actually had beared in mind that now she would be able to be a Nu person [Huehuehue~]...

I think I was looking at this too deeply... In a way... I think I had slowly became her throughout the years I've been into this series. [Excluding the warped perceptions, innuendos, and Ragna obsesseion... Okay, so I'm guilty of inheriting the innuendos. Still, it's kinda scary how much I actually came to care about our cast of characters]

But indeed, that just warmed my heart a llitle.

Part of me is thinking that we'll be going through the next saga through her eyes... Er, eye. [Again, the scene where she spots the bird and the "Awakening the Chaos" from the after credits is really striking a spark in my mind]