Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chaoschao222

Central Fiction Story Discussion

4 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

Carl's story doesn't really end; he gets information from the Boundary, losing his left eye in the process, but doesn't believe he's gained enough, so is still looking to get more. As for Litchi and Arakune, Litchi seems to accept Roy's plan to stay in the Boundary, and thus makes to destroy Arakune as he suggested she should, but Bang knocks her unconscious because he believes she shouldn't having severed her only remaining connection to Roy and decides to destroy Arakune himself, but Arakune escapes.

Regarding Ada, the game isn't really all that clear on her, but the library entry on her says she's dead, though I was only skimming, so I'm not sure if it means since when she was put into Nirvana or some point after.

Oh, so Litchi finally got her act together? Good, cause the only other option would've been to kill her off.

Spoiler

Dammit, was hoping they took that route and just kill her and Arakune. Throughout the games, all I could think of those two was "Tragic lovers, must die in the end, cause they've been only causing trouble for everyone else". Eh, I won't complain.

Can't remember if this was mentioned yet, but Luna and Sena were finally explained:

They were two kids who were experimented on, and Jubei eventually found them (kinda has a knack for that). He had a vessel that was prepared for Trinity to inhabit, but they both decided it would be put to better use if Luna and Sena's souls were put inside the body instead, because their own bodies were on the verge of breaking.

On 10/20/2016 at 11:43 PM, redsilversnake said:

There is a scene of that. And he didn't.

I'm surprised they didn't do a gag where Ragna is freaking out(either internally or externally) because he's talking to a literal ghost.

In fact he didn't even freak out when talking to Trinity.

Yeah and poor Rachel it seems she is trying to find ragna despite not remembering now with Celica gone and Noel becomes saya again Rachel will at have a chance to find ragna. At the very least the sword grave has Rachel tying her knot and whoever took it out probably didn't get rid of it.

There may be an anime made down the road that will explain after CF. However that years ahead.

Also I'm still wondering what happened to Trinity at the end. I don't think she died.

The Blazblue anime bombed. The main reason they made it was to promote CP and it worked for that, but it sold less than half the disks it would have required just to recoup its expenses. There's no way they're making more of it, especially since there won't even be another BB game in the foreseeable future.

Trinity is gone. She passed on at the end of CF.

Well technically they only said ragna's story arc is over that dosen't actually they aren't done with the series just taking a little break from it while they work on different things like that rpg mori always wanted to do but never succeed. 

On 10/20/2016 at 4:46 PM, Alpha to Omega said:

IIRC Tenjou was always referred to with gender-less pronouns in the JP versions.

While this is true, Tenjo's silhouette was decidedly masculine when shown prior to this random decisions.  Also, there was little to no evidence pointing to Tenjou being female before.  Not that it drastically alters the storyline, but you could bet the way they spoke about them would be pretty different if Tenjou was female from the start.

On 2016-10-16 at 3:10 AM, Leiopelma said:

Mai plays a pretty minor role in the story mode; she does fight Relius in her arcade mode.

How can you tell? She doesn't get released until the 28th. Her involvement in other characters storymodes might be short, but since a storymode focus on the characters themselves shouldn't' her storymode show her story?

9 hours ago, VelvetHaze said:

How can you tell? She doesn't get released until the 28th. Her involvement in other characters storymodes might be short, but since a storymode focus on the characters themselves shouldn't' her storymode show her story?

No, it doesn't work that way. The Story Mode was already released, the only difference is that she may be playable for a few fights, but I think that's unlikely. I don't really remember Kokonoe or Celica being playable in CPEX's Story Mode, so Mai may not get even that.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

No, it doesn't work that way. The Story Mode was already released, the only difference is that she may be playable for a few fights, but I think that's unlikely. I don't really remember Kokonoe or Celica being playable in CPEX's Story Mode, so Mai may not get even that.

I see. The last game in the blazblue series I played was Continuum Shift Extend. In that game each character had their own storymode that you could play and finish in order to open the true storymode ending. That's sound a bit depressing though, characters that don't even get to play as in storymode. You said Mai was in storymode though, are you able to fight her in storymode or does she just have a cg event?

15 minutes ago, VelvetHaze said:

I see. The last game in the blazblue series I played was Continuum Shift Extend. In that game each character had their own storymode that you could play and finish in order to open the true storymode ending. That's sound a bit depressing though, characters that don't even get to play as in storymode. You said Mai was in storymode though, are you able to fight her in storymode or does she just have a cg event?

Well, since she's completely unreleased yet, nope. No fighting. She does show up though and have a few CGs. Thing is, you really should watch CP's Story Mode before hanging around in this thread, otherwise you won't understand anything and spoilers for CF are already flying around here.

The Main CP Story is divided in three routes, the main being "Chrono Phantasma" (Creative Name :v:). CF has only one and a few Sub Scenarios. So if you watch at least the main CP route and the "Six Heroes" route you should be able to understand the change in format. It actually turned out a lot better than CSEX's style in my opinion, despite a few losses like the dedicated Hazama route where he trolls everyone. At least we still got the gag reels.

37 minutes ago, Sashide said:

Is that a CS extend exclusive, the Hazama trolling thing? Only played regular CS and tbh it's been a while.

Not really. But without a dedicated route you don't get 50 minutes of trolling. Also, this is derailing the thread.

So, back on topic, What happened to the whole "Hibiki's actually a psycho" stuff the Arcade hyped? Dude was pretty much gone during the main story, but I haven't seen the sub sections yet.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

Not really. But without a dedicated route you don't get 50 minutes of trolling. Also, this is derailing the thread.

So, back on topic, What happened to the whole "Hibiki's actually a psycho" stuff the Arcade hyped? Dude was pretty much gone during the main story, but I haven't seen the sub sections yet.

I feel like this is what happens when you add side characters so late in the game and expect to flesh out a decent character arc for them. Especially if you have to spend most of the time on the main story since this IS the big game to reveal everything, and that stuff takes the most time. 

A shame because though I'm not really a fan of Hibiki his arcade story was actually pretty interesting.

I'd say the key problem with CF's story is the Phantom of Labyrinth part of it; almost everything between the cast getting taken into the Embryo and Ragna's first fight with Nine is a waste of time, and that had too much of an effect on how the rest of the story could develop.

In an interview with Mori, he's stated that Jin can't fight anymore after the epilogue of CF. He still lives a normal life, but just can't fight.

1 hour ago, VermilionBird said:

In an interview with Mori, he's stated that Jin can't fight anymore after the epilogue of CF. He still lives a normal life, but just can't fight.

Why wouldn't he be able to? There's nothing giving any indication of that, and it even looks like Jin got a promotion at the end.

5 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

He made a deal with Trinity that allowed him to fight temporarily during CF, but in exchange, he would be unable to ever fight again.

Why would he even need to make a deal? What would have prevented him from fighting that he needed to make any kind of deal? And, since Trinity died, what's stopping him from fighting?

He needed that deal because he was so heavily wounded from Ragna at the end of CP. Trinity gave him the power to fight back but the trade-off is that he would be unable to fight again afterwards. Wouldn't really matter if she was dead or not for that.

15 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

I'd say the key problem with CF's story is the Phantom of Labyrinth part of it; almost everything between the cast getting taken into the Embryo and Ragna's first fight with Nine is a waste of time, and that had too much of an effect on how the rest of the story could develop.

You mean that the whole part of the game that started the deal about everyone's dreams, made character interactions that developed a lot of characters like Bang and set the rest of the plot in motion was a waste of time?

While I'd rather have it a bit shorter since the Arcade already covers it, It needed a streamlining because having events only happen in the Arcade mode usually ends up bad.

To me the main problem was that they tried to compress it a bit too much because the core of the story was following Ragna. If they did it like CP and let other characters take the spotlight, character development wouldn't be an issue.

5 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

I really wish you posted the link to that interview just so I could point it out and say "And in the link posted above, we can see Mori lying in his natural habitat."

Seriously, if (or when) we have a BB sequel, I'm sure Jin will find Yukianesa and just go wreck stuff with the Power of Order.

Regarding the whole Jin's body situation, the trade-off wasn't exactly "You won't be able to fight" it was more like "Your body will go poof like Celica's."

Besides, I don't think Ragna the Shipedge would tell Jin to stay in the NOL and be Tsubaki's boss if Jin would have kept a messed up body. And I'm pretty sure Kagura wasn't packing his sword in that ending too, so Jin being unarmed is more a symbol of peace than inability to fight.

20 minutes ago, Volt said:

I really wish you posted the link to that interview just so I could point it out and say "And in the link posted above, we can see Mori lying in his natural habitat."

You shall get da link!

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2016/10/26/102963_4.html