Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P.R.O.

STL GARBAGE: OG thread

So yeah, continuum shift coming..... I'm on that shit Hazama, Haku-man are gonna be too fucking good STL lets get it started again post up bitches let me hear your thoughts. lets get that GG Generations hook-ups going too!!! Peace........

Needs more garbage; yo how's BB on PSN now? When Aaron and I played at release it was garbage. I'll get some games in if people are wanting to play, as I still need to learn Hakumen properly

Yeah I don't really play online either, but at least the new one is shaping up to be better. Maybe making online better someway. peace....

Yo dude, we have a large group of players who play just about anything. As far as Blazblue goes, the OG GG crew here doesn't like it as much as GG, but GG has been on the back-burner for quite some time now. We have about 5-10 people who can play Blazblue at a pretty solid level and we have hookups for the game occasionally. Things like Tekken 6 and SF4 overshadow the game here, but there is a small scene for it.

If you are hungry and want to play, just let me know! I work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10pm to 6am. I'll tell the other players to check this board and send you a shoutout.

Also, you can check our thread over on SRK: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=201694&page=66. A lot of people post in there so you're more likely to get noticed over there instead of on dustloop, where nobody really posts from STL.

Just post up and lemme know what your plans are for the next week or so.

Yo dude, we have a large group of players who play just about anything. As far as Blazblue goes, the OG GG crew here doesn't like it as much as GG, but GG has been on the back-burner for quite some time now. We have about 5-10 people who can play Blazblue at a pretty solid level and we have hookups for the game occasionally. Things like Tekken 6 and SF4 overshadow the game here, but there is a small scene for it.

If you are hungry and want to play, just let me know! I work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10pm to 6am. I'll tell the other players to check this board and send you a shoutout.

Also, you can check our thread over on SRK: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=201694&page=66. A lot of people post in there so you're more likely to get noticed over there instead of on dustloop, where nobody really posts from STL.

Just post up and lemme know what your plans are for the next week or so.

I play SFIV the most, and I've been wanting to start playing BB competitively, so I was wondering if anybody was interested in hooking up for some casuals this weekend.

So who's down for games before Wednesday? I'm thinkin' Tuesday night. BB and T6? Steve, Rob, Hammerfist?

Hey guys, central Arkansas is hosting our second ARK (Arkansas Regional Knockouts) tournament which includes games such as BB:CS, T6, SSF4, Melee, and Brawl as well as games that people vote in (which may include HDR, TvC, SC4, GGAC, or even Melty Blood). Our last tournament had over 70 players from five different states (including Missouri!) with total pot money being over $1000. We'd definitely like to grow on that and make our tournament bigger and better than last time!

If you're interested in going, please let me know by posting here or on the official thread at http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9291-A.R.K.-II-Arkansas-Regional-Knockouts-II!-Conway-AR-7-31-10-BB-SSF4-T6-More!&p=683865#post683865

Thank you guys so much for your support!

Evilben - We try to get together once a week or so. Most of us have odd schedules and we don't post much in here. There's about 7-10 of us that will get together in odd groups and we are spread around between O'Fallon, Maryland Heights in South County, and near Union in North County. Just post up if/when you want to play. Who do you use?

Copy-pasting my post from SRK:

I wanna offer something that might... motivate anyone playing BB in STL to go to a Max Out (Kansas City's tourney) by putting a small bounty on myself and a bigger bounty on winning the tourney

3 ways to get money from me:

1. I'll give people from STL $5 if they beat me in a BB tourney match

2. If the winner of the BB touney is from STL, I'll give them $20

3. If someone from STL didn't either win the tourney or have a match w/ me in it but still wants to try for some cash, then I'll do a FT3 MM where I'll put down $5 and the challenger puts down $1, winner takes all obviously. Also, I'll only accept challenges if you were in the tourney

I'll probably keep 1+3 going on for a while (although for 3 I may make it $5 for the challenger as well depending on if they've won the MM before, may change it to a FT5 later) so you don't have to worry about missing out cuz you couldn't make a MO

But the first person from STL to win a tourney will be the only one to get the $20 (that way certain people can't milk me *coughAKAcough*)

Next MO is Sept 11 (info here). Hope this'll get some STL BB players to come in addition to the SF4 guys

So blargh, I'm going to add you on XBL. If the connection is good, we can play on a regular basis. If not...well, who knows when, or if, we'll ever meet up.

As far as your stipulation goes...I know you want comp, but my competitive fire has long since gone out, given how long I've been playing and travelling. Sounds like KC is warming up to the game at least, and hopefully you can get a whole crew going up there. In order for me to go to KC, I have to miss out on two days of work (night shift), not just one, so it's harder to manage. If STL's tournaments ever pick up again and you decide to come to one, post up and let us know. I'll make an effort to come out and show you what's up. I'm not cocky you understand, but I am too old and grizzled to expect much from people anymore. Plus, I don't play BB on a serious level at all, considering how much more I like GGXX, and how pessimistic I am about the US scene in general (not just the midwest).

Godspeed.

I'll clear a spot for you on XBL, but I've been having bad times w/ the netcode of CS (especially compared to CT's) so I have a feeling that may not work that well... but I guess I'll hope for the best. Online is just bleh for me at this point especially b/c I want to get to the point where I can IB consistently

I know you're not cocky, you just kinda know what to expect after playing for a good amount of time. If we ever do get games in, and you live up to even half of your reputation, I'm fully expecting you to kick my ass, but that's what I want

Also if STL gets AR going again (and has BB) I'll try to make it down (especially b/c I know some of KC will try to make it and I can catch a ride w/ them) and I'll let you know. On the topic of GG I'm learning it, cuz honestly I like GGAC more than BBCS, it's just more people play BB

And cuz life's a bitch I'm not even gonna be able to go to Max Out this Saturday. It pisses me off too b/c Glen said he was trying to get PJ to go... but if STL wins BB @ Max Out I guess I'm gonna send the $20 w/ Paypal, I just won't have the chance to level up while I'm at it :(

Okay, im going to try to get a little life into the STL BB scene. i would like to start hosting semi weekly casuals at my apt on mondays, the first, if there is any interest will be this monday (the 13th of sept) if you are interested, PM me for location. the time will be 6-11pm, i know its ending kind of early, but i work so i need some sleep...

tell your friends!

Yo dude, I am totally down for more games. Evilben, I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights from 10pm to 6am and I go to school Monday through Thursday 6pm to around 9pm. I'm pretty much booked all week and am up at night. I don't know about anyone else, but I can pretty much only play on school nights after class.

man, this is a few weeks late but if you are still wanting to play im okay to go any weekday for a couple of hours if you get off at 9. im pretty much free any time after 5 on the weekdays and any time on the weekends. so whatever is good for you. i have some friends that play, they arnt too great, but i might be able to convince them to come play too. this week, im busy wed all night, but other than that im free, next week has no plans yet, so whenever is good for you.

ahhh gdi, i need to check this thread more often....

ill subscribe to this so if anything gets posted here itll yell at me. deff hit this up again when the next one is announced please!

(also if anyone wants to play casuals im down!)