Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P.R.O.

STL GARBAGE: OG thread

Pituchez... I'm think we played CT online a couple of times? I remember your name from somewhere but I don't remember what :psyduck:

Yeah I'm done w/ Arakune, Hazama is too fun and IB>Jayoku is probably the most satisfying thing ever in any fighting game I've played

Ben: yeah I guess I'll post up when AR tourneys are in this thread regardless of if I attend them or not. Just gotta hope Kurasa posts them up on SRK as soon as he has them planned instead of just 1 week prior to the event lol

And if any of you guys are planning on coming through KC and not on a Friday and want to get games in while in town, feel free to PM me and I'll try to work something out. If you're in town on a Friday generally there will be a hookup that has a variety of fighting games going on (SSF4, BBCS, and T6 are the main ones), info for that in the KC thread

from ogres games site

$5 venue fee (waived if you bring a full setup)

2pm - Super Street Fighter IV – $10, 70/20/10 payout

2pm - Mystery Game – $1, Winner-Take-All

4pm - Blazblue: Continuum Shift – $10, 70/20/10 payout

5pm - Super Street Fighter IV 2v2 Teams – $10/team, 80/20 payout

6pm - Tekken 6 – $5, 70/20/10 payout

All tournaments are double elimination and will be played on PS3 (there will be a few Xboxes on hand). Payout is in percentages of that tournament’s total take. SSF4 Teams play style will be voted on at the time of the event (either AA|BB or “Winner Stays”). Mystery Game is a game picked at random and will be single elimination.

haha, yea, i shoulda won too!

id still like to get a stl blazblue meetup going. if anyone is interested, id like to play more in person games against more people! so tell your friends and post here if you are interested.

thanks

~EB

Woooooaaah. I just assumed STL had no fighter community whatsoever. Anywho, I played CT a ton a while back, but I kinda suck now. But me and my buddy plan on getting back into blazblue hardcore when the CS2 patch comes out. So if all goes well, maybe we'll get involved with casuals.

Loli-Zero: There's been an arc-systems scene here for a long time, but most of us are pretty dormant. There's also a large SF4 and Tekken community here. Lots of old-schoolers that don't really post much. We play mostly BBCS and T6. However, regardless of what hookup you go to, a lot of us are multi-faceted and play more than one game.

We post a lot more over on shoryuken.com: http://shoryuken.com/f21/stl-garbage-vii-return-garbage-201694/index316.html

and here on Tekken Zaibatsu: http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4309444#post4309444

I work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights 10pm to 6am, and I have class Monday through Thursday from 6pm to 9pm. I am usually free for games during the week before Friday, after 9pm. Just post up if anybody has a day in mind they'd want to play.

I can also play on XBL as AKA v2, if anybody wants to play that way.

evilben: I host get-togethers from time to to time in O'Fallon, MO. My place is not really the best, so 5-6 people is all I could really have in comfortably. I have 3 TV's all ready for games, if people want to bring extra setups.

Everybody attend tournaments and get to know each other! I only say this because I myself usually have a hard time making them because of work =/

I'm thinking about hosting a night were just people from the boards swing by and play some games. I know everyone wants home-turf advantage on this, or cannot make it at the time I specified, but that's up to each personal individually. What do you guys think about this?

id like to but the scheduling might be a bit hard. i work 8-5 mon-fri and o'fallon is quite a drive for me. but i can probably handle being dead tired at work for one day (as long as my boss doesnt find me a sleep in my chair!)

as far as a BB scene in STL, id like to get a more active community on dustloop just so we all know we are here for blazblue. i tried SRK for a while but found it hard to actually find anything about any blazblue happening!

everyone here seems to have joined the stl bb group i made, that could be a convenient place for organizing ourselves as well, allow us some more space to post and what not.

@AKA: If you were to do a hookup with BB and GG going on, I'd be very tempted to make the trip down as long as 1: I can crash at your place for the night and 2: the roads aren't shit due to snow/ice. I'm almost done w/ classes for the semester, and should have a lot of free time this month. That said, the earlier the heads up the easier it'd be for me to ask off work. Maybe I could even convince a couple of KC players to come down w/ me

Also, I think I already know the answer to this, but is there any chance you can make the FR qualifier?

@Evilben: Even if you still want to post here and get a STL DL scene going (hell, I wish I could get one going for KC), I'd still suggest at least lurking the SRK STL thread from time to time. All the tourney info I've been posting here has been posted in the STL thread on SRK, so it's still a good place to keep an eye on for info, even if they're talking about SSF4 99% of the time (that's just how Missouri's fighting game scene is though :v:)

@AKA: I'm down for this but im only free on weekends (senior high). I do have a 3 week break coming up soon. Pretty much free for the entire 3 weeks lol. I play on XBL a lot so imma add you when i get the chance.

edit: I'll just add anyone who post in here

Solid. I'll have to get involved soon once I relearn combos and stuff. My winter breaks coming up so I'll have a decent amount of free time. Maybe I'll get into SSF4 and T6 for good measure as well. I already have a copy of both anyway.

Hi, all. It's awesome that there's a local IRL community for these games. The only game communities I've been a part of are Neverwinter Nights and Starcraft, so that's pretty new to me.

I'm a beginner to serious fighters in general. Currently still under the tutelage of ^^^that guy (and learning on his PS3), so please excuse my noobishness. I work retail, so the winter/holiday season is sort of the busiest time of the year, but I'll do my best to keep up.

Even with the patch on the (distant) horizon, who wants to get some games in this week? I'm on winter break, so post up!

Any chance in games next week? I got family stuff + work (the place I work is open during Christmas) this week

My bro leaves Sunday, so after that I'm good. If anyone is down for games Monday I'm off work and I can host. Only have one setup but have room for more if you can bring.

Looks like Guardian is going to be in town on Thursday! Post up if you are down!

Evilben - Sounds like a plan! Send me your number so we can get in touch more easily.

blargh - yo dude, are you going to be in STL next week or something? Let me know what's good.

^Like I posted earlier, if there were a hookup w/ yourself, PJ, and other STL BBers (and GGers too maybe? :v:) I'd be really tempted to head down as long as I can spend the night at someone's place, I'm not working, and the weather/roads aren't terrible. I talked to a few people around here and some might tag along if I go

Yo dude, we'd be more than happy to arrange a hookup for you guys. Just let us know what days are good for you! Are you on facebook?

You could always stay at my place, I have an extra guest room, a couch and plenty of floorspace so housing shouldn't be a problem.