Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CF] Susanoo General Discussion

I'm not going to make the Video or Combo threads since OP will have to update those, by the way. If you want to be that person, let me know.

what we knew so far courtesy of Emba

PROS : Strong average damage, good range, good momentum when unlocked.

Cons: Slow, requires skills to be unlocked before use, skill levels determine if certain combos are possible. Very tall so instant overheads will be a thing.

Normals:

5A: Standard poke. Angle is kinda like Tsubakis, littler farther reaching it seems

5B: Tail swipe. Good range, doesn't hit terribly high.

5C. An upward facing Kick. Slow as hell

5D: Palm Thrust. Special cancelable, unlocks current move (all his D's do this)

2A: Good range poke, but is NOT a low.

2B: See above, scaled to a B move. Also not a low.

2C: Very high reaching kick with two hits. Upper Body Invuln. Not a low. second hit jump cancelable

2D: One of his only Lows. Goes very far. Special Cancelable.

3C: Insanely Long range two hit sweep. Special Cancelable.

6A: Full Screen instant projectile. Punishable up close, can be canecled into Roar

6B: Two hit thrust palm and punch. Fatal Counters. Comboable off of his 5B on air hit in some situations.

6C: Dropkick Overhead.

6D: Really quick Overhead stomp, long range. Special Cancelable.

j.A: Quick air poke. Okay.

j.B:  Horizontal Air claw. Hits lower than it looks, with decent range.

j.C: Gigantic two hit aerial roundhouse. Very solid.

j.D: Hits in a circle around him, small range

CT: A forward moving stomp, level 1 can be combod if using  fast A attack, level 2 CT will combo into 5B, 6B.

Courtesy of Myoro and Emba

Icons are in order:

1: "Dash" 236A a dashing attack, has three levels, level one is just a hit that knocks down and away, level three does an additional attack that allows for a follow-up,  1. At level two, it becomes comboable by linking a 2A or 5A, but only vs Air hit (achievable by comboing off of sweep)

2:  "Spikes" 623C Susanoo punches the ground and spikes come up. it's a DP. only has one level.

3: "Splash" 214A it's a kick,  LVL1 seems to be 0, LVL2 has startup but is, as you say, plus. LVL3 has huge startup, but guardbreaks for a free combo.

4: "Wheel" 214B he jumps and then does a few hits knocking downward. It bounces allowing for follow-up. only special with an air okay version. THe Aerial version drags the opponent to the ground for Oki.

5: "Grand Viper" 236B it's literally Grand Viper. attacks low along the ground and then launches. it jump cancels for an air follow-up and it cannot level up.

6: "Spark" Mash C x N he zaps in front of him as long as you hold the input down up to a certain point. it can push opponents out and chip,

7:   63214C a charging command grab that takes the opponent to the wall and does roughly 2K. Can rapid to continue. doesn't level up.

8: "Sword" 236D hits (nearly?) fullscreen along the ground sends opponent bounding toward the wall. does a lot of damage quite fast and wallbounces into a follow-up on CH. Can be followed up near the corner. doesn't level up.

how his drive works: Each time he lands a hit he cycles to the next Icon in numerical. he starts on none of them so if you did 5A>5B>5C(1) you'd be highlighting icon 3. When a drive move hits or is blocked that icon becomes unlocked or it levels up if it's already unlocked and the highlighted icon is set to the beginning state so it is no longer highlighting any icons. it's known that one of his supers adds one level to all icons ether leveling them up or unlocking them, and another super uses all currently unlocked specials in order to deal more damage the more icons you have unlocked/leveled up. It seems like gameplay will revolve around getting the tools you need and balancing that with damage and your current highlighted icon. You have to constantly be aware of which icon you're going to unlock until you have what you need. His icons reset every round.

4D: Roar. Cycles through specials each time its used. If its used on a move that is locked or has levels that are not unlocked, it will unlock them. Otherwise, it will continue cycling.

Supers:

236236D: Sword super, Invuln, full screen. Huge damage. Punishable at close range.

632146D: Auto combo super. Uses every move you have unlocked in the super for more damage. Ends with a beam.

OVERDRIVE ONLY: Charge 2-6D: Only useable in Overdrive, No invuln at all, but unlocks ALL of your specials for 50 meter at base level. Does not level them up to max though.

His overdrive unlocks the aforementioned super, but also allows all of his specials to be used, at max level, for the duration.

Now what we know so far?

fiddling with him in the lab for the last 3 days ive come to find he has something id call simplistic depth, which can peak interest but also cause his downfall, by simplistic depth i mean he has very stream lined combos most will end in 6D, 214A or j.D, air wheel. This characters depth comes from the fact each round hes locked out of his specials and need to be unlocked each time. As mentioned above hits and the opponent blocking your normals moves the iconbar.  so knowing when and how many buttons to hit to unlock/level up the mentioned specials is where his depth comes from.

From neutral he barely has any jump cancel-able normals sans 2C(2) which unfortunately allows the opponent time to react if they are expecting it so mixing between 2C(1)>3C or 2C(2)>3C will help deal with those trying to predict and IB. 

Abusing/harassing people at range with 6A is ideal for those trying to keep their distance BUT be mindful it has very narrow ground range meaning some can jump/hover over it. Its not a good idea to use at mid/close to close range as its punishable if they jump over it or block too close. mid/far to long range is where the abuse shines and can roar cancel very quickly netting you a level 3 214A which can extend combos on the ground.

What you choose to unlock first is up to efficiency vs personal preference. personally i got for level 3 214A and unlocking his DP  623C for safety and defensive reasons while still being a able to net a combo off a random blow while i work on anything else.

For me wheel 214B is a second priority once you get decent levels and combos going youll ant to start ending your combos with this move to push damage and secure Oki as its air version acts as a pseudo Belial Edge/Break.

He shines by staying in the enemies face but not IN their face, mid/close range is where he can keep mashes and shorter normal users in check with his giant normals and specials, he has a ton of hit stun so he can secure a combo even at that distance of neutral starting.

Testing last night suggests 6A is 16f startup for the projectile. Can still RC and escape Jin's Yukikaze even on first frame catch. 

17 minutes ago, DandyStepOnTheDanceFloor said:

Does anyone know why he's locked online?

Most likely a compatability clause/avoid spoilers

Mu 12 did the same

24 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Is his laser sword special (I think 236 D) work well as a poke? Even a zoning tool?

Its too slow for that. 6A serves better, the sword is a combo tool it can be used to stop a read approach but dont try tip harasing with it, it has a lot of recovery.

6B, 2C, 3C, and j.C hit twice and all can be canceled into something else on the first hit. Probably useful if you're trying to aim for a specific hit count / unlock.

I believe his 5D can gatling into 6D, 2D, and 4D so it's easy to unlock a skill with 5D and go right back to highlighting the first skill (236A).

Edit: psycofang2, The first skill is the dash (236A). The splash kick is the third skill (214A).

Ill be making a combo thread soon.

Just need more time as Susus combos require extensive back hashing in order to keep everything together.

Trying to decide on a functional and easy to understand format without over simplifying it.

The main arbiters of my issues is his level /unlock system so i cant just dial in  Hakumen notations unfortunately.

Apparently, Susan will be playable online one week after release, so next Thursday.

Nice ill list that Gatlins and once youre done ill go ahead and make the thread.

Gap = theres a hole in the transition

Gapless= it perfectly combos

5A chains to 

5B, 2B, 5C (gap), 2C (gapless), 3C (gapless), 6C(gap),5D (gap), 2D (gap), 6D (gap)

2A chains to

2A (gapless x2), 5A(gapless), 2B (gapless), 2C (gapless), 3C (gapless), 6C (gap),5D, 6D, 2D (gaps)

6A ---

5B chains to 

2B, 5C, 2C, 3C, 5D, 2D (gapless), 6C,6D (gap)

2B chains to

5b, 5c,2c,3c,5d, 2d (gapless), 6c (impossible), 6D (gap)

6B. Chains to

3C,5D, 2D (gapless), 6D (gap)

5c chains to

2c,,5d,2d (gapless), 6c,6d(impossible), 

2C chains to

5c,3c,5d, 2d (gapless), 6d, 6c (gap)

3c

---

5d chains to

6D(gap(less) distance

2D (gapless)

13 minutes ago, SoWL said:

Apparently, Susan will be playable online one week after release, so next Thursday.

Yeah i heard. Great to know.

Hey guys, MainG_Jago is back, i wonder if anyone actually remember me, anyways, I may or may not contribute to Susanoo. I really Love his concept and I've been constantly in the lab since day1. Nice to meet you all.

alright ill be starting the combo thread and ill admit ill be slow with it on weekends but weekdays ill keep up with it more consistently.

i will not be making a video thread, as im completely irresponsible concerning keeping up with all that mess, ill leave that honor to someone else.