Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTivegamerS

ACTivegamers Triple Threat @ Hawthorne, CA 11/14 (BB, T6, SF4!) $2.2K pot for BB!!

There were initially me, CooperDabbit, and Render at the cafe. Apparently, Render was the only one who understood when they called us goshujinsama and i asked him wtf it was. The maid cafe itself wasn't very impressive but the games were hella fun.

As far as I know, we won all the game matches and all took photos except CopperDabbit was terrible at playing Janga so he collapsed our hope.

Screw you! I won "guess who?" against one of the maids. They're way too good at jenga anyway, we never would have won. Also, I'm well aware of what goshujin-sama means. (It's not all one word! -sama is an honorific!)

Screw you! I won "guess who?" against one of the maids. They're way too good at jenga anyway, we never would have won. Also, I'm well aware of what goshujin-sama means. (It's not all one word! -sama is an honorific!)

Haha, i know you won that game. But you should remember Render chose to play another game when he won the first game rather than taking his photo to get the chance for the EPIC PHOTO including all of us and 3 of maids, but we lost at Jenga. That's what I mean about the hope. I agree they're really good at playing that game and probably we might have lost though we could go further.:psyduck:

Thanks for comin down wuku so we could play gg casuals! Too bad for school or i would have gone to the tourney and stayed later sunday. Btw i will crush your korean pride in sc anytime! Nice to play vet too, too bad you two live so far :[

BTW Render, it blew my mind to hear you come up and talk to that Litchi player I was playing with. BLEW. MY. MIND. Where'd you learn all that? lol. I stopped learning Japanese when I was 4, and I really regret it. EDIT- New Avy, tribute to Tron's post about jacking off to maid hentai or something. :vbang:

I learned most of it from hentai manga. (not really, but some of that has come in handy >.>) I've been studying Japanese for a long time. It's kinda my thing. ;D Does some of your family speak Japanese or something? I'm curious to know why you were learning it up until you were 4. XD I want to post up some constructive criticism for the tourney organizers... but I don't know if I can muster the enthusiasm.

I'll do it for you. Rules for a Successful Tournament: 1 - Have the equipment necessary (TVs, consoles, etc) on hand, well before the day of the tournament. Test TVs for lag, and ensure they have all necessary input ports. 2 - Let people in on time. 3 - Provide food/drinks commensurate to the amount people expect, given what is being charged for entry/venue. (For a $20 venue fee with loud basketball next to the tournament all day, this means more than 'none'.) 4 - Run all the tournaments you've claimed you will, and don't collect money for one if it won't be run. 5 - Actually pay the winners. Preferably in cash and immediately after the tournaments finish. I think that about sums it up, no? Doesn't matter about advising them - notice how there are no apologies? They probably think nobody noticed, or something. At any rate, people won't attend anything else they run because of #5.

FYI guys, people were supposed to be paid Tuesday but still haven't been. Also, the head of AG was supposed to do a live stream apology and answer questions on Tuesday which still hasn't happened. -Tha Hindu

People might as well accept that there will probably be no payment... I'm guessing ActiveGamers thinks there'll be no recourse. Anybody here a lawyer? :^)

People might as well accept that there will probably be no payment...

I'm guessing ActiveGamers thinks there'll be no recourse. Anybody here a lawyer? :^)

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that them saying they'll give us money on a website does not constitute a legally binding document.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that them saying they'll give us money on a website does not constitute a legally binding document.

Maybe not for T6 and SF4...

But I do believe that most of the BB pot came out of the pocket of Aksys games. If they don't pay Pulsr, I'm pretty sure there will be rammifications. :keke:

The advertisement on their website (which has mysteriously disappeared!) and on the first page of this thread (quick someone stop them from editing it!), in addition to promises to sponsors and the press, constitutes a legally binding document as much as, say, a website or print ad declaring the price of some item. In fact, you would think the sponsors would be upset - anyone point this out to Starbucks yet? :^) As well, the fact that we handed over money to them with the express expectation that they would deliver on those promises makes that all false advertising, which is definitely a legal problem.

I was gonna go to this but the venue fee was really turning me off. D: It seems like every non-Evo major fighting game tournament on the West Coast has had problems running BlazBlue (let alone their whole tournament) stemming from lack of equipment, time management, and disorganization. :(

Blazblue:

1) Veteru

2) Pulsr

3) Severin

4) Kijea

Who is this Veteru guy anyways??