Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

To the soon-to-be testament scrub,

Use the joint of your thumb to hit down, then roll your thumb so that the tip of your thumb hits up. That's what I remember doing when I used a pad. But I don't have any pads with me to double check. I'm so pro, all I have are arcade sticks.

I was joking on the Testa part. I haven't given up. I was just curious if anyone else ever found it difficult. I will assume I am just extra craptastic and therefore must work extra hard to make up for it.

I'm getting it. I was just inputting it way too slow. Needed to slide the pad as there is no time to actually raise your finger.

But 4r5 you really hurt my feelings man. I know I told you to flame me but still you really thought I was going to take up Testament. :gonk:

I try

It was quite the kick in the pants to get me going. Besides if you think I am weak then that just makes it all the more easy to suprise you with one of those bullshit Bacon 2H corner combos if we ever face off. Now I am going to train to wipe away that smugness you have!

Also what sticks do you own and which ones do you recommend and which are total crap?

On the topic of dumb questions that make me look stupid what is with Eddie 236H? It doesn't always summon the shadow and I want to understand why as it is his most useful summoning move. It is not like any other 236 move refuses to come out on me like that one. I put the input on and will see the correct input glaring me at the face after I do it but nothing happens. Mark all that apply.

A.) It requires a stricter timing because the game has to know if you want to summon shadow or do the puddle. (Specify faster input/slower)

B.) Haha you can't do 236 inputs. No coconuts for you!

C.) Use a stick.

D.) You suck, Nooblet.

Tech question here. If i use some attack with additional landing recovery in the middle of an air-combo - will said recovery take place after landing? Or this attack has to be the last one before landing for it to happen?

That's a very good question! My first instinct is to say no, landing recovery only happens if it was the last move (In my experience, that's how it seems to work with Axl's moves that have landing recovery.), but it could differ from move to move or situation to situation.

if someone could test it out, try it with Baiken's Youzansen -- there is some additional landing recovery after the move (and it's obvious to see, as Baiken will crouch, even if you don't push down on the pad/stick). iirc the landing recovery can't be avoided, save for maybe FD(C?)ing it on landing. but anyways, try something like YZS, double jump -> hit the opponent with something, and watch her sprite. or YZS RC, hit -> land. (YZS FRC, too)

whoever translated it missed the comment. in the original scans from way way back when, there's a line that says:

着地後硬直11,しゃがみ状態

the frame data in the guide only includes the latter half, しゃがみ状態 (crouching state) in reference to 着地後 (after landing). the part that got lost in translation was 硬直11 (recovery 11).

you can actually find it in the old Slash data:

http://f32.aaa.livedoor.jp/~kosugi/guiltyslash/baiken.html

It depends what ever move takes priority over the other for landing. Though it can go in reverse obviously if you RC/FRC stuff like that. As well as some just no matter what must be fullfiled untill you go back to neutral, even to the point of you being comboed. Knocked down, comboed again blah blah... next time your in the air it still needs to be completed. shrug

I was joking on the Testa part. I haven't given up. I was just curious if anyone else ever found it difficult. I will assume I am just extra craptastic and therefore must work extra hard to make up for it.

You're not extra craptastic. I had trouble, too. I'm not even sure how I got past it, but whatever I'm doing, it works. I'm probably doing the joint-fingertip method, but... So much of my playing is subconscious.

Hi I have a question about instant air dashing. I've always used 96 to IAD, but I've seen some people using 676. I was wondering if this backward jump input allows for faster/lower IAD's or if it's just a matter of preference?

676 IADs seem to only work with characters whose jump start-up is 3F. I've never been able to do it with a character whose jump is slower than that. Also, it does seem to allow for faster and lower IADs than 956, but that's probably because you don't have to wait for the stick to return to neutral.

Not really gameplay more like analyzing, how the hell do you read Guilty Gear's ranking chart? I just don't get it with most of the numbers at five. Can somebody please explain it?

you mean the in game ranking chart?

if so the numbers fluctuate depending on what characters win in 2 player vs matches. so to say, it gives you your own tier list based on the matches played on your copy of the game.

so if you play 10 matches between the same characters and both win 5 out of 10 then they should both stay at 5. however if one wins 3 matches and the other wins 7 then the 5 for the winning character should raise to a 7 when lined up with the character that won 3. (please note that I'm just using these numbers as examples, i have no clue how many matches you have to win to raise the number by one)

But I see differences in other numbers on the same line. Ahh I have to take a picture of the rankings at the arcade. My Eddie is top of the chart while my friend's I-No is second, followed by my slayer. Then the peeps who I have made their ranking worse to everyone else, Pot, Ky, Sol, Millia.

I don't get how numbers can variate between same characters. Like Eddie on left has like 4, I-No 3, then right something like 7, I-No 5, hard to understand comprehend for me. @_@

In the same line? There should be differences. Because each (horizontal I think?) line contains All of his match ups. It's pretty unlikely that all of your match ups against every character would be the same.

So each number is about how often the character on the left(?) wins against the character in the corresponding column. The reason most of the numbers are 5's is because most combinations of match ups have not been played in versus.

I'm interested in knowing about this too, since I've never really thought about it.

it's 5's because the balanced match-up is 5:5 and match up difficulty was set on 10 point rate

eg

ed|-|7|5|...

In|3|-|6|...

So|5|4|-|...

on 1st line 1 column it's "-" because same char match-up will always be 5:5

on 1st line 2nd column it's "7" and 2nd line 1st column "3" it means the match up is 7:3 on Eddie adv

Moved into the General Gameplay Questions thread - please ask single / direct questions in here.

The best advice I can give you for those #Reload and Slash backgrounds, is to just play through the game a lot (Survival & Arcade). If you're really desperate, I'm pretty sure that you can get them via time release by leaving your PS2 on in Training Mode for a couple of days.

Sign in to follow this