Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Wow, a lot of stupid questions answered answered, but I still have one. I might be here but there's over 150 pages to search though. How exactly to jump cancel. Also, what's a tech hit.

Tech hits are a capcom thing, its i believe...a small hit that counters another...? Not completely sure as I rarely pay attention to what I'm doing when I get one.

My mistake. The term I was actually look for was untechable. What is it? Also what is prorate. Sorry, I was never really goood at video game math and theology, infact I flunked out... which of Ky's move cancel. I just used A.B.A. She's easily one of the coolest characters in GG.

untechable time is how long you can not tech after getting hit by a move.

Is there some specific way to jump cancel into a super jump? I've been doing 29 and 27 after 2hs with millia for quite a while and seem only to hit it about 10% of the time. Thanks ahead of time!

you're doing it right, just make sure you go back to neutral, after 2hs. and make sure you time your superjump input closer to 2hs's jump-cancel point.

Hidden

It could be you are not inputting the SJ fast enough or being too soft on your inputs. Try to perform the SJ input fast as possible. Try practicing super jumps by itself to get a feel for it. Its just a practice thing.

I have some questions about FRCs, so let me use Slayer's 6H as an example.

According to the frame data, Slayer's 6H has a start-up of 19F, and an FRC window from 17F-18F. First of all, is this the window for the FRC input or when the FRC actually happens (which would make the input window 16F-17F, assuming FRCs are instant)? That brings me to my next question:

Are FRCs instant? In other words, if I input the FRC on 17F, will I be in a neutral state on 18F? Or does it take longer? What about RCs, are they instant as well? Am I in a neutral state the frame after I input an RC?

I would assume that FRCs are instant, as I have never been able to FRC Slayer's 6H and still have it hit, but I just wanted to make sure.

FRCs are RCs just at a specific point. The timing(I use) is the blue flash. Since the FRC functions like a RC, If you perform a FRC and press nothing you will be at neutral. You can do whatever after you want FRC like for Slayer 6H FRC Mappa or Dandy Step. IMO frame data didn't help me because I have no means to "count" frames of animation in my quest to master FRCs. Frame data gives valuable info on all of the characters moves which is most needed.

RCs and FRCs are instant. The frame data lists WHEN you perform the input for the FRC. If you FRC at the 17F there will be no 18F animation. IIRC the FRC point on Slayers 6HS is when his heel is near his face. If you FRC at the right point the attack will stop thus there is no 18F of animation in this case (as you thought) the 6HS will not hit. RC/FRC puts characters at neutral which allows them to do whatever afterwards. Since RCs are instant you can do Mappa RC Mappa(not recommended). RCs REMOVE ALL RECOVERY but note they do not remove blockstun.

FRCs are RCs just at a specific point. The timing(I use) is the blue flash. Since the FRC functions like a RC, If you perform a FRC and press nothing you will be at neutral. You can do whatever after you want FRC like for Slayer 6H FRC Mappa or Dandy Step. IMO frame data didn't help me because I have no means to "count" frames of animation in my quest to master FRCs. Frame data gives valuable info on all of the characters moves which is most needed.
What's useful about the frame data is a general concept of when the FRC is. For example, if the FRC is at 17-18F and the first active frame is frame 19, then you know that the FRC is right before the active frames start. If you're going to use the blue flash as a training tool, don't be mislead: The blue flash in training mode occurs during the FRC window of the move itself, so if it's a 2F FRC window, and you try to watch for the flash and then hit three buttons, you will never hit the FRC. You have to be hitting the buttons during the blue flash.

Yeah, I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but I'm kinda new to this series, Accent Core is my first on I've ever owned. I played Isuka a bit, but not much. And I noticed you guys used numbers for the d-pad, and I am a bit confused on how to decipher it.

read the GAMEPLAY FAQ thread, we have it stickied for people that are new around here.

I want to say that all cancels give you instant recovery.

...except...?

What's useful about the frame data is a general concept of when the FRC is. For example, if the FRC is at 17-18F and the first active frame is frame 19, then you know that the FRC is right before the active frames start. If you're going to use the blue flash as a training tool, don't be mislead: The blue flash in training mode occurs during the FRC window of the move itself, so if it's a 2F FRC window, and you try to watch for the flash and then hit three buttons, you will never hit the FRC. You have to be hitting the buttons during the blue flash.

Sorry, I'm being a bit nitpicky here, but I believe the blue flash actually means it's too late. There's a white flash before the blue flash, and that is the actual FRC timing.

ah, yeah, i know what you're talking about. somehow, it feels different than in previous versions, but maybe that's just me @_@

I saw someone(somewhere) mention using FD on the dash-in throw. I've always just gone 66~ -> 5 -> 6H. The FD sounds like it'ld just be for safety. Does it give some frame/speed advantage o'er the former method?

You have to be moving no faster than walking speed to throw. FDing during a dash instantly stops the dash. It's normally called FD braking. It allows you to throw much more quickly.

Sign in to follow this