Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Does anyone else here have problems linking into gold burst from moves? I keep getting 5D rather then gold burst.

Um. There's no such thing as a link into gold burst, first of all, because gold burst won't hit during hitstun.

What you're probably doing is trying to do the gold burst out of some other move, but since no move cancels into gold burst, and some moves gatling into 5D, you get 5D instead.

You can't combo in to gold burst. If you are talking about just doing a gold burst after whatever-move, then you need to wait for your whatever-move to recover.

Not sure if it's been asked before but what exactly is a frame trap? I was thinking that it was taking advantage of moves that have frame advantage on block to prevent your opponent from moving, or is it something else?

I think it's a situation where a sequence of moves doesn't leave the opponent in enough hitstun/blockstun to combo/continue a blockstring, but the gap isn't by enough frames for the opponent to actually do anything to beat the move. It only works because it happens so fast, but it can sometimes trick the opponent into trying something instead of just blocking.

not really a question but did you know that when you get hit out of FD your next hit is bigger apperently? seems to be true. Some combos work if you hit the guy out of FD, while others dont.

not really a question but did you know that when you get hit out of FD your next hit is bigger apperently? seems to be true. Some combos work if you hit the guy out of FD' date=' while others dont.[/quote']

bigger as in: bigger hittable box for the next hit?

all i knew was that depending on "lean back" or "lean forward" hit animation, some ground combos work / do not work.

an example was d.6p with chipp against anji, i think j.D wouldnt combo after that, but it would combo after d.s or something like that - maybe the other way around, it's been a while.

well I ment as in say, you hit a guy out of block to combo first hit after intial hit wont combo if was hit out of reguar block. But if you were hit out of an FD the hit after the FD the combo would hit. If that makes sence. Isnt like huge or anything but i recorded cpu to always do same thing vs me and seems to be the case in rare situtions. shrug

What's the timing for JC? I just can't seem to hit it right. Perhaps it's because I don't notice the difference as much as I should, or because I suck and can't hit it(my guess is that it's a combination of both). I'd imagine that the cancel time is just like most other cancels, right after it hits, but I just don't see it.

If it matters, I've decided to try to learn to use ABA. What's a good way to practice JCing(amoung other things) with her?

Also, what's a good way to practice those fast as fuck comboes that you see in the videos and such? Especially airial. I can't do airial at all it seems. I know these things come with time, but I feel something's wrong for actually FEARING going into the air for anything other then a dust combo(which in my case, usually aren't very shocking either...).

this is regarding the joystick button config posted on the gameplay faq thread

i was wondering, is this config

K S HS

P __ D

the generic config for all arcades in the world or is this only for japan?

well I ment as in say' date=' you hit a guy out of block to combo first hit after intial hit wont combo if was hit out of reguar block. But if you were hit out of an FD the hit after the FD the combo would hit. If that makes sence. Isnt like huge or anything but i recorded cpu to always do same thing vs me and seems to be the case in rare situtions. shrug[/quote']

Are you aware that along with pushing the opponent further away, FDing causes you to stay in block-stun longer than not FDing? What you are seeing is probably just a result of the timing or positioning changing.

That is the correct way to set up the controls. Some arcades mistakenly change it, but everywhere should be that way.

What's the timing for JC? I just can't seem to hit it right. Perhaps it's because I don't notice the difference as much as I should, or because I suck and can't hit it(my guess is that it's a combination of both). I'd imagine that the cancel time is just like most other cancels, right after it hits, but I just don't see it.

If it matters, I've decided to try to learn to use ABA. What's a good way to practice JCing(amoung other things) with her?

Also, what's a good way to practice those fast as fuck comboes that you see in the videos and such? Especially airial. I can't do airial at all it seems. I know these things come with time, but I feel something's wrong for actually FEARING going into the air for anything other then a dust combo(which in my case, usually aren't very shocking either...).

it kinda depends on which move you're trying to JC, but in general it's after the move hits.

dunno if it'll help, but go to training mode and turn on the input display. then do whatever combo you're practicing, and look at the inputs. if there's an up arrow before an attack button, then you're hitting it too early (over-anticipating?). otherwise, i think it's still possible to input jump after the attack button, but too early for a jump cancel to occur.

That is the correct way to set up the controls. Some arcades mistakenly change it, but everywhere should be that way.
thanks, coz i saw this arcade that had GG and for some reason the config was like so:

P _ K _ S

HS _ _ D

i was shocked and i just had to confirm it

otherwise, i think it's still possible to input jump after the attack button, but too early for a jump cancel to occur.

Barring a magical combination of hitstop and super freeze, I don't think there's any JCable move in the game that has it's JC point so late that the game forgets you tapped up, by the time the JC point occurs.

So I should just time it like a RC, correct?

Unless I'm mistaken: Barring weird special properties, anything called a "cancel" should be able to be done from the frame after the move connects to the last recovery frame. This applies to JCs, RCs, Special cancelling, and gatlings.

Going into burst but cancelling it with an FD on the first frame and thus being able to move freely while retaining the invlun. from the burst. Can only be done after clash and Jam's parry

I've seen the word "Abare" defined like 3 times in this forum, however, every single time was either a joke, or vague enough that I still didn't get it.

tl;dr define abare for me

The deffiniton more or less is basicly "im not japanese so im going to throw in just that one more random japanese word to make what im sounding sound more important even though I could say the same thing in english so others not in the know would understand me, but basicly thats not cool and im top player beacuse i know this word and only this... well maybe I know one more or so.. like OKIZEME... but ill choose to use only those 2 beacuse no one has told me what all the other japanese terms mean as of this writeing."

I've seen the word "Abare" defined like 3 times in this forum, however, every single time was either a joke, or vague enough that I still didn't get it.

tl;dr define abare for me

look up "abareru" in a japanese-english dictionary.

The deffiniton more or less is basicly "im not japanese so im going to throw in just that one more random japanese word to make what im sounding sound more important even though I could say the same thing in english so others not in the know would understand me' date=' but basicly thats not cool and im top player beacuse i know this word and only this... well maybe I know one more or so.. like OKIZEME... but ill choose to use only those 2 beacuse no one has told me what all the other japanese terms mean as of this writeing."[/quote']

:psyduck:

Sign in to follow this