Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

This is a really stupid question(but this is what the threads for) What are the 4 ways to tech out of a move. The conventions stated them but I dont know the best inputs to tech out. Anyone wanna help/ I try to tech but it never works, i must be doing something wrong

When you are able to tech, you can tech:

Forward Tech; 6+Any button, but Dust

Backward Tech; 4+Any button, but Dust

Neutral Tech; Any button, but Dust

You are able to For/Backward Tech before you are able to Neutral Tech.

When you are able to tech, you can tech:

Forward Tech; 6+Any button, but Dust

Backward Tech; 4+Any button, but Dust

Neutral Tech; Any button, but Dust

You are able to For/Backward Tech before you are able to Neutral Tech.

Wow thanks alot. My prob was I was Neutral teching, aka mashing the buttons, except dust, w/o holding a direction. I was wondering why my friend seemed to get out of the same moves with the same characters faster then me. He backward techs

I would test with record in general. Especialy with blocking... Blocking in training mode is fairly buggy. Although to say, dont forget that after youve done some moves, you might be able to block in the air, but you will not be able to block on the ground anymore etc.

Questions about frame data.

AFAIK frame advantage means you can act X frames before your opponent.(If that's wrong,tell me)

Here's my questions:

1. If you do a move that gives frame advantage, you can act X frames faster, does that mean if you do a move that gives frame advantage that is greater than the startup of your attack, startup is decreased?:psyduck: Like Sol's 2S is 3F+ on block and his 5K has a 3F startup and since the frame advantage allows you to take action faster does it result in Sol's 5K having a startup of 0Fs?

2.If you do a move that gives HUGE frame advantage on block like Order-Sol's BHB lvl.3 AC FRC, if then you take action and the total frame advantage gained from previous action taken is greater than the startup+active+recovery of the next move you make like 5S, do you still have frame advantage? Or is it all lost?

3.If you have frame advantage and you do something like a ground throw that has a 0F startup(I read this somewhere on this site) are you still at frame advantage since you did a throw?

Thx in advance. Sorry if I sound character-specific, but Sol/HOS are main people I use.

Also sorry if I sound all "scrub" or dumbass or whatever. I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the game here.

1. If you do a move that gives frame advantage, you can act X frames faster, does that mean if you do a move that gives frame advantage that is greater than the startup of your attack, startup is decreased?:psyduck: Like Sol's 2S is 3F+ on block and his 5K has a 3F startup and since the frame advantage allows you to take action faster does it result in Sol's 5K having a startup of 0Fs?

I'm pretty sure that means if they block 2S, you get +3 frames to play with, and doing a move with 3 frames of startup would result in 0 frames for the opponent to act(or 1 frame, if the first active frame counts:psyduck: ). It certainly would not give the move 0f startup.

Not certain on 2/3.

Yeah. Frame advantage doesn't mean you drop frames, it means the opponent can't move for that many frames after you have fully recovered from the move. Basically, if you can cancel something, just disregard the number entirely, since it only applies if you're recovering.

Also: As I understand it, the frame data is written to mean that the "startup frames" of a move include the first active frame, meaning that a move that has 3 frames of startup actually hits on frame 3.

I'm SURE this is a dumb question, so I'm posting it here. I was fighting a friend today as Order Sol. I am fairly certain I had both a level three charge bar and full tension, and I attempted to do Dragon Instal Sekkai, but I must have messed up the motion pretty bad. Instead, there was a super flash and Sol performed what appeared to be a level 2 Blockhead Buster (qcf s), but the third hit appeared to be more like a fireball at the end of a tyrant rave. It also appeared to me as if it didn't cost tension, but that's gotta be impossible.

Am I crazy, did I miss something obvious in the command list, or what?

Hidden

Were you playing U.S. or Jap AC? Might've been a glitch but...

Hidden move maybe??????? *high hopes*

Were you playing U.S. or Jap AC? Might've been a glitch but...

Hidden move maybe??????? *high hopes*

US. I should try to duplicate it, I suppose. I was thinking it might be a hidden move or glitch, but how could either one of those have stayed undiscovered for so long?

Is it feasable to move along the ground using dash fdbrake dash fdbrake ala sidestep cancel in Tekken?

Er. Meaning would this make you faster? Probably not, except possibly in the case of Johnny.

Otherwise, there's no real reason you couldn't do that, and it would probably keep you safer than just running. I guess I don't really understand your question. To what end?

I see the frame data link, but is there links to help me understand any of it? Or can someone explain what it all means?Also, what is frame data useful for, wont you know all this with enough match-up experience?:psyduck:

I'm trying to avoid answers stuff that's found in the manual for the game... that's just common shit you should know already, or could read on gamefaqs.

The gamefaqs is givingme an error message. The one that actually goes to GameFaq.com

Or can someone explain what it all means?Also, what is frame data useful for, wont you know all this with enough match-up experience?:psyduck:

Well, frame data is different from having matchup experience and a general sense of how things work like taking a physics class is different from being alive and having a general sense that things fall down.

-there a list of who builds GB faster (and slower)?

as in that character is blocking, does Pot for example take longer to build up his gauge than say Buri

-strongest Abare?I already know Slayer but other tops?

Jam,ABA,Pot I would think but dunno so thats why i'm asking

Nah, everyone's guard gauge gets built up the same as everyone else.

Sign in to follow this