Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Yeah that's just Jam's special ability. Forward->Back = Parry.

why don't people FD more when they block? It's one thing when you're trying to instant block a string, but I see good players who really have no hope of getting out of a string who could easily end the pressure by FDing for one second. It barely even costs any tension.

why don't people FD more when they block? It's one thing when you're trying to instant block a string, but I see good players who really have no hope of getting out of a string who could easily end the pressure by FDing for one second. It barely even costs any tension.

depends who you're watching, and when they're playing. i don't think it's such a simple question to answer, but that's just me. could you give some examples, though?

depends who you're watching, and when they're playing. i don't think it's such a simple question to answer, but that's just me. could you give some examples, though?

Actually nevermind.. I think I was just looking at players who were trying to Instant Block and hit venom back.

I still need help with reversal backdash. I can use reversal specials pretty easily on wakeup but I think reversal backdashes have a much smaller window right? Anyone wanna share how they time theirs or is it just something I have to go at for days in training mode?

You can't negative edge all specials, though. Or at least Johnny can't.

How does a level of a move contribute to it's ability to stuff the opponent's move or special? I read some character guides and they emphasized on how a level 4 or 5 poke is very useful especially for stuffing. I thought it's a matter of whether the start up of that certain normal will take less start frames or invincibility frames allow it to stuff.

Are airthrows ideally the best way to stop iads instead of your character's best anti air normal like a 6P? Can something like a Slayer blockstring to iad jH get airthrown at the right range?

I was asking that question since I saw this in the Dizzy guide.

5H - Standing Hardslash (40 dmg).

Can no longer be combod into 2D (changed from GGXX:Slash). Very good damage, and Dizzy's longest-range normal. A level 4 attack, which means it can stuff out many of an opponent's pokes. Can even sometimes be used as anti air if the opponent is not directly above you, since even if their attack hits you, you often times score a counter hit on them, causing them to be unable to tech for a while, leading into a free combo.

Doesn't change what I said. Level has no bearing on whether one move beats out another.

Also, it's not Dizzy's longest range normal. About the only useful information in the move description is the first sentence.

Dizzy is different because she has crappy AA and a really good airthrow. Just use your best option that will work (which is usually 6P).

Where did you see that guide for Dizzy? It's dumb and wrong. :I

In the Dizzy forums under gameplay guide for Dizzy.

Right so I should stick to the vids then.

I dunno. To me, saying you can use Dizzy's HS to anti-air people is like saying you can hit people with moves given the opportunity; which then doesn't need to be said.

or does it :?:

I guess it's thinking like that is what keeps the Johnny forum from having a guide of it's own :sweatdrop:

But if you can get a Dizzy-5HS on someone in the air, then that guy probably had no business being up there to begin with. Which comes back around to HS not necessarily being a good anti-air, just the other guy being stupid. Or am I thinking too high-level for the purposes of a guide?

I was thinking he meant to use it like how you can use Ky's 6P.. that is to say if someone is coming down in the air a decent distance from you, can you run forward and throw out the move from a distance. It's more forward than up, so it's not really an AA in the way something like Pote's 6P is.

I was thinking of the same arrangement too. Well, whatever, time for exam.

Sign in to follow this