Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Your opponent is letting you win.

Your 'combo' was techable.

no...the airthrow doesn't reset anything. The reason the guard gauge goes back to normal is your opponent teched or burst. Airthrows take away guard gauge too, so how can they reset damage????? Even if your airthrow combos, all you did is just airthrow them on the 1st few tech frames......If what you mean by reset is another chance to do something with Johnny, then yeah, it does.

The reason that Johnny's airthrow is so good cuz it can either lead to another combo, free coin, free unblockable, or any combination of the three, depending on what the player does with it. At the least, it's a free knockdown, no matter where you hit it....

Jam's parry is an invaulable tool. You can think of it as an advanced instant block, so you can block a move with no pushback and immedeatly cancel into your counterattack while your opponent is still recovering. You can use this to stuff many pressure strings by making holes which otherwise don't exist. You can also be rather cheeky and combine its input with that of the orb or rush overdrives to get a free attack in.

Technically the person teching out resets the combo, but johnny air throwing them is called a 'reset', which means the act of making someone reset themselves for more damage.

So technically it could be either thing, but usually people refer to the whole series of events as the 'reset' (for example, Anji does a combo and then near the end, hits you with 5P, waits for you to tech, and air throws you. The whole thing is the reset).

I dont know the technical terms to make this make sense but ill try.

I know when a move prorates it affects damage after but does it also affect the dizzy caused by a move? Like if I have a move that dizzys characters after a couple hits but use it in a combo after a move that heavily prorates will I also be getting a highly prorated dizzy or is only the damage changed?

On top of the proration affecting stun, subsequent hits in combos have thier dizzy rating dimisnish as the combo goes along. So a single powerful hit at the start of a combo will be stunning way more than a chain of lighter hits.

Apparently prorating (at least non-forced) as well as guard gauge don't effect dizzy potential at all. Damage base used to calculate dizzy damage is just fixed based on the base damage of the move and the number of hits into a combo (along with CH/OTG state and stun mods).

Very Stupid Question:

Can we STILL Air Grab Sol's Bandit Revolver?

In #R i usually Option Select Airgrab the second hit of Bandit Revolver.

Its still cool if we can still do that.

Sign in to follow this