Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

In the Dizzy forums under gameplay guide for Dizzy.

Right so I should stick to the vids then.

:psyduck:

@zer0kage Sorry but I'd like to correct a couple things said by other people. 1. Don't use 6p for antiair. Stick to 2s and airthrow for antiair. 2. Airthrow is certainly good but not excellent because j.HS's recovery time is horrible (Imagine if you miss airthrow and whiff j.HS... :gonk: ). To get around this problem, go for airthrow only when you are sure about it, or do the high jump before going for airthrow. 3. 5hs is the longest ground normal.

...or you could easy-option-select the airthrow and only whiff a j.P...

j.HS+any other button goes for an airthrow or does the other button's attack, (except HS+D will burst of course).

wasn't that option-select removed in Slash? people made a big deal about it when Slash came out; Kintaro made a video about doing it a different way; etc.

If I remember correctly, only the elements that made possible to option-select between a back-throw and a FD-block were removed. You can still option-select between, say, a forward-throw and a punch.

...or you could easy-option-select the airthrow and only whiff a j.P...

j.HS+any other button goes for an airthrow or does the other button's attack, (except HS+D will burst of course).

I never knew you could do it that way as well. Thanks for the post. :kitty:

I think the difference is the state in which you are after each :

After a FD you are in defensive mode (you protect if an enemy hits you). You block and dont go backward if you keep the 2 buttons pressed.

After a SB you are in retreat mode (you are defenseless if an enemy attacks). You just stop, then immediately start going backward while having the back button pressed (whether the 2 buttons are still pressed or not).

So I guess doing FD break is still safer. You lose more tension, but it's better than taking a counter combo instead ^^

I think the difference is the state in which you are after each :

After a FD you are in defensive mode (you protect if an enemy hits you). You block and dont go backward if you keep the 2 buttons pressed.

After a SB you are in retreat mode (you are defenseless if an enemy attacks). You just stop, then immediately start going backward while having the back button pressed (whether the 2 buttons are still pressed or not).

So I guess doing FD break is still safer. You lose more tension, but it's better than taking a counter combo instead ^^

Well, you could just hit the FD buttons briefly and then let go. That way you can still normal block, and you hardly lose any meter at all. That's what most people do.

Back in Slash, Kintaro showed an option select trick between air throw and air FD. Is that still doable in AC?

Back in Slash, Kintaro showed an option select trick between air throw and air FD. Is that still doable in AC?

Yes, I believe the air FD OS still works in AC, just not with 4H~DS (unless you want an air Slashback).

no, but u still can do OS with any fast poke like 4/6 p+hs

You can't use 4PH or any 4_H OS throws, as that will get you FD or SB.

If I remember correctly, only the elements that made possible to option-select between a back-throw and a FD-block were removed. You can still option-select between, say, a forward-throw and a punch.

forgot about that fd/sb option that will outprioritize throw command, and now i'm not really certain if back throw can be OS-ed on air throw... well i guess training mode comes

I should check whether 6236H would work:P Do throws take priority over special?

EDIT: nope, they don't, 6236H doesn't work:P

6236S+HS works for chipp, for example (cause the special is triggered with S). last time i tested that was in slash, though. but i don't think there was any change to that.

Still works with Chipp. Works with Johnny too, if he has no coins :v:

Throws do take priorty over specials but only if the opponent is able to throw. If that makes sense. Also bizarrely enough whole long you hold a button when you buffer throws etc effects situations regarding this as well.

Sign in to follow this