Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Oh, mistake.

Um.. as I understand it FDC is using Faultless Defense to cut short the recovery frames of certain moves :psyduck:

Yeah pretty much.

So ok, yeah, you could use a FDC to cancel a move, then stop FD'ing, to IB.

Right, but that's not as practical as it would be to IB a FDC, obviously. Thanks, this is all very helpful. Can you IB in the air? Does IB affect guard bar?

afaik u can. often used to get an air throw and if i didn't mistaken u get your double jump back after u ib something mid air =|, and yeah IB still jack up your guard bar and do chip damage

You can IB in the air, any move that you can air-block without FD'ing. IB'ing in the air restores your air options.

I don't really get what you mean by IB'ing a FDC, though.

If I remember correctly, you can't Slash back on wake-up, right ? Because there's a restriction on frame on wake-up to prevent any "slash back reversal" or so I think...

But oddly enough, I found this video today : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j20R_Z_9b8

You clearly see Bridget at 1:35 doing a Slash-back on Anji's butterfly ON WAKE-UP !

So, can anyone explain ? It must have something to do with her OTG yo-yo throw. Does it enable her to SB on wake-up, as her throw is considered as a "wake-up frame" or something ?

In that case is it possible to do the same with Robo-Ky's OTG taunt ?

That'll be nice !

Ok ty. So there exists no "parry" like in SF3? The blue spark in training mode without FD (from PD) is really bothering me (suggesting there's some other block technique).

Slash back is a parry with S+H+back in ^C right?

btw bridget is male :vbang:

Blocking in the air restores air options, not only IB'ing. After a normal block you'll sometimes land before the recovery ends (still in blockstun) therefore not being able to use those air options you just got back. That's the reason why many people think it only applies to IB.

If you didn't used those air options before the block, you won't get additional ones after as it only resets the count, it does not cumulate.

Yup, Slashback (SB) is a kind of parry "a la Third Strike" and is performed by 4+S+HS or you can also hold back (or down back) and tap the S+HS buttons. Though you can't hold S+HS and tap back afterward, that won't perform SB.

Little off-topic : Kekken, did you check your PM box ? A love letter is waiting for you there. :v:

Ok, so the blue spark on PG with the tension set to 0 is the dummy using FD w/ no tension and no green ring, as a glitch? (Pushback is high with PG on).

You know I kind of like that there's no frame perfect parry in #Reload.. that shit is ridiculous :v:

New question: It seems you can do anything out of an air dash - but are there frames where you cannot block/jump etc? I can't tell if the dash is really short, and it just gives you momentum, or if it's long but you can cancel out after a few frames.

You clearly see Bridget at 1:35 doing a Slash-back on Anji's butterfly ON WAKE-UP !

So, can anyone explain ? It must have something to do with her OTG yo-yo throw. Does it enable her to SB on wake-up, as her throw is considered as a "wake-up frame" or something ?

In that case is it possible to do the same with Robo-Ky's OTG taunt ?

That'll be nice !

Training mode glitch, I think.

Xeno the pg in reload training u talk about comes from (P)erfect (G)uard it makes the dummy just guard(instant block) all attacks (low/mid/high) it has nothing to do with fd.

u can make it too ....

Noticed something. Was trying some pressure strings with Chipp, and the Dummy was blocking normally, but when it blocked in the air it blocked with blue sparks (like you have in FD, and you need FD to block ground to air anyways). Sounds like a glitch!

Noticed something. Was trying some pressure strings with Chipp, and the Dummy was blocking normally, but when it blocked in the air it blocked with blue sparks (like you have in FD, and you need FD to block ground to air anyways). Sounds like a glitch!

Naw, it'll just block that way because it needs to FD to block that particular move.

ummm no its not a training mode thing' date=' bridget can reversal parry. Robo ky can not however. At least... Not in that sorta similar situation that I know of.[/quote']

He's right. Bridget's delayed yo yo get up acts as "active recovery frames", so when he fully stands up, the SB option is immediately open...outside of maybe attempting to fully punish Potemkin's aegis setup or obvious oki attacks (such as anji's butterfly), this has minimal uses....on the flip side...he cant reversal DP in exchange...and i "believe" you can immediately throw bridget after its done....ive been PB'd almost immediately when getting up due to this.

Ok, I thought I posted this already but couldn't find it.. did I Dare to Dream of Dustloop?

Question: Are airdashes really short, frame wise, but provide a significant momentum boost that defies gravity for a bit? OR, are they long, and you can attack out of them, but can't block?

Or, they are 1F long? I guess my question is -- it seems you can attack and block out of airdash, but are there any frames where you can't? (Or if it seems slow are my fingers just not fast enough

edit it's really scaring me that I thought I posted this already and can't find it. please someone tell me they've read my post :vbang:

Airdashes have startup. Different for each character.

During the startup, you can't do anything. Like the startup of any other move.

After the startup, you may attack and such. But you can't take any sort of defensive action, other then SlashBack.

Once you lose the horizontal momentum from the airdash, you may block.

Ty. And thanks everyone.. learning a lot about the game from Dustloop :toot:

if i slashback the first or second hit of eddie's fb spike, can i fuujin through the last hits, or (or any other similar move for that matter). Like, i input the fuujin right when i slashback the hit.

If Johnny can SB into super during Jam's Party Ball super, then I don't see why Anji couldn't do it, but I'll double check right now.

edit: ah, whatever. I got work to do. I'm not Japanese enough to do 1[s+HS]236]HS[ without getting hit in between.

CH state question:

The way CH are referenced, it sounds like a move can be in its recovery frames but NOT be in CH state?

You are only CH-able during the startup and active frames of your moves, unless otherwise noted or flashing guardguage. (Or one of Baiken's seals)

You are only CH-able during the startup and active frames of your moves, unless otherwise noted or flashing guardguage. (Or one of Baiken's seals)

So why is it that Sol can land a CH Fafnir after blocking Venom's and Slayer's 5D? You mean to tell me it's still active? Or is it because the recovery from 5D is that bad? Venom's 5D is -12 and Slayer's is -9 whereas Sol's Fafnir has a 11F startup. Venom's 5D is in a CH state until the end of recovery but Slayer's isn't. What happened?

Are you sure you aren't just hitting whatever the Slayer player is trying to throw out after 5D?

Sign in to follow this