Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

If he's doing it right, the j.H will be in active frames as you are getting up. There's no time to squeeze an airthrow, in there.

If you are pressed to airthrow his j.H oki then, I don't know, 1frame jump and instant block the 2nd hit then airthrow, or something.

It's not possible to do stuff like this really, not against solid Oki. 1F jump is still vunerable to attacks because it still has 1F startup.

Besides, you can't throw him anyway. Fact of the matter is that you have to be within a certain distance to throw someone. If you have a move that has a hitbox infront of you, it may just be impossible to throw that person because you cannot get within range without getting into their hitbox.

So basically if someone throws an attack with a good hitbox, you aren't going to air throw them. What you can possibly do is jump, block, throw (works against Pote's j.D easily), but that doesn't help if you are near the ground already. Against Sol's j.H Oki, you could try reversal DPing, 6Ping, backdashing (if you've got a good one), or just blocking. Assuming he's actually doing it right, there really isn't anything you can do, so start blocking.

Last time i remembered, if it was IAD j.hs(69 hs), it should be too high to even hit crouching, unless you're in the corner. And even then you have to be at the right distance. When i read hmr.ks's post, it was just about pressure not oki. So i dun see the problem in this. Just that a lot IAD is hard to air throw, but there's a variety of ways to get out of it. I.e, it whiffs on crouching so who gives a crap. If they go for crossup, then obviously that's air throwable....

Now plz correct me if im wrong. But yea, that's all i know about sol's IAD hs so yea.... and yea did i answer the right thing? 0.o

Hidden
1F jump is still vunerable to attacks because it still has 1F startup.

Slaps head

If he was going to IAD from a jcable move to j.hd, you could probably j.p it if you anticipated it, anti air it with whatever your character has (he might go over it too...), or just wait and backdash it, though j.hs recovers fast so he can probably do some silly vv stuff.

How to escape tick throws? eg sol 2p wild throw

Jump or backdash are the universal ones.

If they are too deep, you can throw them first. But as I understand it, most command throws have longer range than most (if not all) regular throws.

Any move with throw invincibility (or puts you into the air fairly quickly). May's 5k is an example of a throw invincible move. Sol's Riot Stomp puts him in the air almost immediately.

It's not viable to throw out a throw invincibility move.... I dunnoe but unless you know the opponent 100% CONFIRMED and GUARANTEED to throw you, it isn't really viable. Since they could be faking a tick throw and continue pressuring instead.

I like the throwing them back tatic. =D Damn hard though.

another method is mashing out a fast move if you anticipate a throw attempt.. like Chipps 2P which only has 4 frames startup (iirc)..

But sure it's range dependent.. against a Potemkin Buster no such fast move will have the range to hit him.. but it’s a valid tactic against al standard throws.

Depending on the range throwing them back is quite easy.. if they are to near (like while going for a tick throw attempt) you have a clear advantage as you have 6 frames of throw invincibility after leaving blockstun.. so just mash throw as soon as you realize what the opponent going for (realizing is the hard part here).

If they try to time it in a manner that you are just out of the invincibility frames when they arrive in throw range, the “mash out fast move” tactic should apply as well and it should work in the first case (where he was already in throw distance before the throw inv. ended) if you start mashing the move while still in blockstun..

Somehow I find this tactic in most cases safer (at least if you anticipate the throw attempt early), as if they just bait a throw whiff and then just stay out of throw distance and use a fast move themselves, the will hit you in the startup of your HS while a fast move in some cases even cope with that (well ok.. so maybe I should start using offensive OS Throws :P). But therefore counterthrowing is faster.. so it depends..

Using Throw invincibility moves is very chara and situation dependant.. I tend to use Axls 623S (which has throw inv. and above feet inv.) against a Pot forcing me into a Potemkin Buster Guessing game, as it will beat all the common mixup patterns and furthermore all the other options I have to solve the problems are not really safer.. (sure, he can adapt to that, but so can I^^)

Everything imho..

Mashing throw is risky. Some characters, like Ky and Sol, have specific strings that can bait throw attempts. Example with Sol: a simple 2P, slight delay, 2K into more pressure is a standard throw bait attempt. Ky can do something similar with a 2P-5K.

This is going to sound newbie-rific, but I want to get a clear understanding of this concept:

Counter Bursting:

How does this work exactly? Do you initially get hit by your opponents blue burst, but negate the blow back with a gold burst?

Or do you just perform your (gold) burst before the blow back frame of your opponent's burst even activates?

Am I making any sense? Any help would be appreciated.

I believe you burst right when you see your opponent starting to burst you burst. If you performed your burst after you got hit by the blue burst you would blue burst. IIRC in order to gold burst you can not be in guard stun, hit stun, or getting up from the ground. I hope I awnsered your question.

I have a question of my own out about bursting. How do you airthrow a burst? I don't see how to airthrow that low. Also is it possible to airthrow yellow and blue bursts.

I believe you burst right when you see your opponent starting to burst you burst. If you performed your burst after you got hit by the blue burst you would blue burst. IIRC in order to gold burst you can not be in guard stun, hit stun, or getting up from the ground. I hope I awnsered your question.

Tick them with something that has quick recovery. When they blue burst, IB the burst, then hit them with a gold burst before they land from their blue burst.

I have a question of my own out about bursting. How do you airthrow a burst? I don't see how to airthrow that low. Also is it possible to airthrow yellow and blue bursts.

You can always air-throw any burst at anytime. Provided you don't get hit by the burst.

Gold burst, you are invulnerable from everything but air-throws till you land. Blue-burst is the same, but only on the way up, after the active frames you are vurnerable again.

And it is quite possible to air-throw that low to the ground. You can practice it in training mode. Set the dummy to burst, and just go at it. Try and air-throw them before their burst goes active. And you can also try stuff like IB their burst then air-throw.

Hidden
Also is it possible to airthrow yellow and blue bursts.

Just for your clarification, a burst is only assigned the name "gold/yellow" or "blue" after the fact.

i.e. it's not possible to airthrow a yellow or blue burst, because if the burst is considered a yellow or blue burst, you've already been hit ;)

You can't gold burst while in wakeup state but you CAN reversal gold burst as you wake up, effectively working like a reversal DP. You can use it to go through Eddie's unblockable and stuff.

Tick them with something that has quick recovery. When they blue burst, IB the burst, then hit them with a gold burst before they land from their blue burst.

You don't need to IB anything, and you can cancel normals into burst so it's not really that hard to do as long as you can see the burst coming.

you can cancel normals into burst

Are you sure? 'cause I can't get it to work. I just keep gatling into a dust.

Well I'm probably totally wrong since I can't remember for sure. I would swear you could though. Maybe it's a NJC or something... you need to cancel the normal into a jump and cancel that to burst. I don't remember.

I seem to recall having done something like corner PB, 2HS Gold Burst > more combo ... when someone tried to burst out of the corner combo. Might just be totally crazy though.

cancel the normal into a jump and cancel that to burst.

That is totally possible, and I'm doing it right now.

Sign in to follow this