Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

he did, it's in the first sentence. what would be more interesting to hear are a couple of examples in AC, to get an idea of where to start.

although, i think one example is something FS recorded in #R: Ky does aerial stun edge, which had an FRC upon landing (back then), but then does a falling j.H that connects with the opponent. If you time it right, you can do a 75% RC + FRC: the RC comes from the j.H, and the FRC comes from the air stun edge, which was still "accepting" or "waiting" for a possible FRC.

Well sure, I knew about that one. Dunno about anyone else, but I'm a bit more interested in this "FRCing the same move multiple times" crap. That just... That just doesn't seem plausible.

Stupid question: Guys, I can't seem to find it's definition but I see it everywhere. What is xx when you list combos, I don't know what it means.

it's kind of old-fashioned terminology for "special cancels", i don't know who came up with it but i use it sometimes. usually you don't have to use it because it's kind of obvious what kind of cancel is required, from the context, but it doesn't hurt to be precise.

And "Survival Borderline" refers to the line in a tierlist after which characters become unusable. I disagree that one exists in AC.

Sorry to dig this up, but SURVIVAL BORDERLINE was just a hilariously named cut-off point from the Arcadia #R tier list; characters below the SURVIVAL BORDERLINE had to work progressively harder for wins, that's all it really meant. It was pretty much the split between the top half (S through C rank) and the bottom half (D through G). There was never any implication that characters below the SURVIVAL BORDERLINE were unusable or even dramatically weaker; they all just had at least one glaring flaw that their strengths didn't make up for. Characters above the line just had fewer conditions necessary to have their moment to shine.

It is definitely worth noting that Testament, Potemkin, Baiken, Zappa, etc. all made appearances deep into SBO for #R, despite all of them being below the SURVIVAL BORDERLINE.

For some reason, FAB seemed a lot stronger to me in #R. Perhaps it is due to the fact that he scored so many seemingly impossible wins in SBO3 with #R Potemkin.

Is Millia the best anti-anti-air character, with her pin? And does anyone have better options when airborne, as opposed to standing?

1) In short, "no," although I think your question is too vague. Is there any particular character that you're wondering about?

2) Generally not, since you have a limited number of movement options in the airborne, whereas on the ground, you don't. You also can't DAA in the air, and your air backdash doesn't have the invincibility of your ground backdash.

Is it pointless to train against the cpu in training mode at max difficulty? I find them worth sparring as they seem to know how to use the system better. Any other mode the cpu is a joke.

Im playing AC+

it might be better to practice against the CPU with less-than-max difficulty, because it will "randomly" get hit, vaguely like in a real match, and this could help you with combo execution. you'll also probably notice some things about hitboxes when fighting against the CPU.

however, you might pick up some bad habits, so maybe not too much.

Well, I don't necessarily care about movement options in the air, just about the opponent's options as I approach. It seems like all the opponent has to do is use their all-purpose anti-air or DP and I eat a combo, whereas I'm unable to even clash with their move. I'm learning Jam, and I can use j.236K to run away, but that doesn't leave me any better than where I started. I'm also learning Eddie, so I can throw my shadow out to cover my approach, but it's far less effective than normal.

I'm fine with ground-based approaches, so if there isn't any character who can utilize the air well, just say so.

No offense is 100%. Those who are good in the air are those with many movement options. They can get in and still have the option of pulling back if things aren't going their way.

But nah, everyone is better grounded.

Some characters are better equipped in the air than other characters; May, Millia, Chipp come to mind. But going to the air is a risk, and should be treated as such. If the opponent doesn't react to it or AAs improperly, they're either dealing with a combo or an air to ground blockstring. That being said, all kinds of things can happen to you in the air. If air to ground was stronger throughout the game than vice versa, then everyone would be jumping the whole time and could turn into a game of lol air counterhits.

Alright.......lets say you grab with Johnny, will holding up make you jump on the first possible frame you can?

it might be better to practice against the CPU with less-than-max difficulty, because it will "randomly" get hit, vaguely like in a real match, and this could help you with combo execution. you'll also probably notice some things about hitboxes when fighting against the CPU.

however, you might pick up some bad habits, so maybe not too much.

So you say. Allright. Ultimately I'll do better against good players. But their so little here. The only group of fighter I know are shoto noobs in sf who I still beat.

(fools cant even grasp high competitive play)

Is it pointless to train against the cpu in training mode at max difficulty? I find them worth sparring as they seem to know how to use the system better. Any other mode the cpu is a joke.

Im playing AC+

I've noticed several things after playing a lot vs the CPU. They tend to block things normal humans wouldn't block and don't block everything else. Sometimes they'll go on super block streaks, super slashback streaks, or they'll beat out a lot of your moves. But most of the time they just get hit by stuff they shouldn't get hit by.

I would only use training mode to get a feel for a new character and try out new combos. I would never, ever take anything I've learned from CPU match and implement it into my game. I know this because I can demolish CPU maniac and still lose to RL maniacs :(

Oh yea, and the CPU doesn't really mix you up enough for me to consider playing against it "sparring".

Don't bother playing against CPUs...I only got a bad habit from fighting tons of them.

Some characters are better equipped in the air than other characters; May, Millia, Chipp come to mind. But going to the air is a risk, and should be treated as such. If the opponent doesn't react to it or AAs improperly, they're either dealing with a combo or an air to ground blockstring. That being said, all kinds of things can happen to you in the air. If air to ground was stronger throughout the game than vice versa, then everyone would be jumping the whole time and could turn into a game of lol air counterhits.

Ahaha~ Sounds like a game I know. Thanks so much for your help.

all right I understand, training mode is for knowing your character and making solid combos only. Well Im going to have and hard time improving since my competition are scrubs in sf.

I got one that's a bit odd. I've encountered this in GG/SF/KOF.

2P as an AA. Why does this work? In KOF 98 UM just now I AAed Mr. Big with Geese's 2A. Beat him clean.

Er, most likely the hitbox of the specific character's move for which the command was 2P/2A worked in such a way that it connected with your opponent before their attack connected with you. I don't really see how it's all that shocking.

Sign in to follow this