Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Any1 can tell me to cancel a j.hs to block a dp move or overdrive? . Eg opponent knocked down, i j.hs , he vv , i block

It's not cancelling, it's just timing. You want to hit on the last possible moment before you land- that way if they don't wake up with an invincible move, they have to block or take the hit; but if they do reverse with an invincible move, your move whiffs through their invincible startup and then you land, recover, and can block before their move's startup is over.

Fine then, I'll answer it. Let me load up training mode to double check if my memory is correct.

When summoning a fish (biting strawberry?), even after it disappers you still have to wait awhile before you can summon another. With 'Bit' set to 'no limit' you don't have to wait, you can just summon up another as soon as the first one disappers.

Thank you for answering my question.

Thats wierd though, are there like conditions where that would happen in an actual match? 'Cause otherwise I don't see why its in training mode.

Just like Johnny's infinity ([236HS]xN, lawl), it doesn't happen outside of training mode.

It's just there to make your life easier.

Like maybe you are practicing some sort of fish setup. It lets you not have to wait that extra second and a half to practice it again.

Any1 tell me how to throw an opponent while he is doing an invisble move. Eg as shown in the Saintly horseman sol cm vid order throws slayer while he does his 236 x2 hs

Any1 tell me how to throw an opponent while he is doing an invisble move. Eg as shown in the Saintly horseman sol cm vid order throws slayer while he does his 236 x2 hs

You just have to throw slayer before he leaves the ground.

That depends on the move. Many supers don't have grab inv. during the freeze frames, so that's probably why Slayer got grabbed off.

Confirming 236236H has no throw invuln, I've throw him out of it with Eddie's command grab before.

I've thrown him out with may's ohk.

How does the weight system work? I mean, for example for Millia, how many variations of her combos must a player know to have them work against all of the cast of GGXX/? Are all the characters THAT different or are there "catagories" that characters fit into where certain combos work for those catagories?

All characters have a diffrent weight value. This coupled with character's hitbox size will affect the combos you use. Some characters, like Johnny, have diffrent combos and timings they must use against each character. While other characters might have combos that just work on everyone.

I don't know about Millia, but for must characters it's good enough to just know a combo for the heavies (Pote and Robo), the lights (Bridget), and then everyone else.

It's also worth noting that heavier characters don't seem to fall to the ground any faster than light characters, it's more than they don't get knocked into the air so high in the first place.

Tiger Knee is a move Sagat (from Street Fighter) has. Done be 2369K (I belive).

Tiger Kneeing a move refers to perform an air move really close to the ground. Done by inputing the motion, while on the ground, adding a jump then finishing the motion with the button. For example, Johnny's Ensenga is doen by performing 41236HS while in the air. To TK it you would instead do, from the ground, 412369HS. The '9' is the added jump. You'll have to slightly delay the HS, to allow for Johnny to leave the ground.

OHK = Over Head Kiss. May's command throw.

Sagat does scream out "Tiger KNEEEEEeee". Whatever, doesn't matter where it came from. The point is how to do it.

Does Daisuke play GG =P .. any match videos ??

reply #1001

*fixed

yea hes ranked like # 7 in reload online

his gt is ishiwatari

his record is like 6300 wins

and a mere 400 loses

no vids unfortunately

Sign in to follow this