Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

The reason why I find it shocking is because it's so abnormal. Whenever it happened the attacker was using a move that was already active and capable of hitting crouchers. The standard AA like Sol's 5K or Geese's 2C would get beat clean.

You never hear anyone saying use 2P to AA since the character would have more damaging options. Besides most 2P's aren't that great in the first place.

Ever seen Saget's (CvS2) crouching fierce? Or Baiken use her SWEEP as anti-air?

Iori's sweep. Guy's crouching strong. There's plenty of crouching normals out there that many not necessarily look like anti airs, but the hitboxes' positioning shield you from what's approaching. And in a lot of cases, even if you don't get much damage off of, say, a 2P, it's a much better option than having something trade to their advantage or possibly having your other anti air beat out. As with everything else, something consistent and reliable is better than something that may net you some damage but may get you killed.

It wasn't me, I've done it a few times through Sol's Wild Throw without any blockstun.

It wasn't me, I've done it a few times through Sol's Wild Throw without any blockstun.

Um... it's definitely not throw-invincible, so either you're outranging the throw, or, in the case of command grabs like wild throw, hitting it before it's active.

What makes a character face wrong direction during blockstrings and combos? If

one move is canceled into another the character obviously skips turnaround animation, but I'm doing JI Raesageki - backdash - j.S and I get different results (facing right or left direction) every time. I noticed that delaying the hit makes turning a little bit more consistant, but could you make it clearer for me please.

Hidden
All air normals (except j.D) have no landing recovery. Even so, you only need 1 free frame to throw someone. Either make them block a move that gives you enough blockstun to cover you falling to the ground and starting up your next move, or don't land so close to them.

Another important distinction to help your understanding: the level of air normals range from 1 to 3. (Air normals that go above level 3 are rare, and you can probably count them on one hand.) Your air HardSlash, which you may be assuming is a level 5 move, is most likely a level 3 move. Alot of people make this assumption and then chalk them getting thrown to some sort of landing recovery, but really they aren't inflict as much blockstun as they thing they believe they are.

AFAIK some air normals are level 5. Faust's j.2K, Baiken's j.H, maybe there're others. And some air normals other than j.Ds have landing recovery, Faust's j.2K is an example.

So why does regular standing block change to this sprite when blocking certain moves such as Sol's j.H or Ky's j.H? Does it affect hitbox or blockstun in any way? If it doesn't, then why do certain characters (I-No, Sol, Jam, May) get special blocking sprites that other characters (Dizzy, Millia, Ky) do not? Was this all really for nothing but pointless aesthetic purposes?

I've actually wondered about that myself. Some of my past theories include:

-Additional sprites are for blocking higher level moves

-The sprite is a tacit way to show that your blockstring wasn't a real blockstring (Meaning the sprite changes when you go back to neutral then start blocking again).

-It's completely aesthetic.

Hrm.....guess it's related to gameplay as you do NEED it to play the game lol......

Anways, I have a wii fighting stick and AC...my first stick ever, want to know is it a good stick to start with?

Is there any kind of handicap that could make Kliff & Justice... legal?. :8/:

"If you pick them, you don't get to press buttons."

Sign in to follow this