Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

2K 2S Gunflame = Tech Forward into big damage combo, yeah. I have to catch myself from doing that now and then. Standing and just doing a gunflame (non-OTG) isn't bad either. j.S and j.HS are both totally safe Oki if done properly though, gunflame is just easier.

You dont really ever want to hit people on the ground unless it would kill them. Best just to do a frc gunflame while they are getting up to force them into a mind game.

You dont really ever want to hit people on the ground unless it would kill them. Best just to do a frc gunflame while they are getting up to force them into a mind game.

Not always true, OTGs can set up a bunch of things as well. Just kinda depends.

if you decide to OTG with 2K 5S you better not followup with a gunflame after that unless the oppo doesnt tech. The most effective lockdown after the OTG 2K 5S would be airthrowing their tech or just Jumpcanceling after the 5S into a meaty HS or sth else that will snuff their air throw attempt on YOU, then proceed to pressure strings again after they landed together with you

i usually do otg 2k,2s,s,GF with sol. i sumtimes add hs, but its a 50/50 that it hits...

jus never do otg hits when there guard meter is up, then u jus wasted some free hits.

Please don't say stuff like never do otg in this situation it's very misleading. Why do you otg? For the most part you don't otg to do a few extra points damage, you otg to continue your offense and put your opponent in favourable position for you. By otging with some charters you could set your opponent up to tech in an unsafe position and land a match ending combo from that situation. Would you rather kill you immediate offense just to save the guard meter? It's not a bad idea at all just don't say stuff like never do this, gg isn't so black and white and there is never only one route to take in any given situation.

How far can you get with some characters like Sol if you capitalize every hits with simple BnB (as simple as lets say at the corner 6P, wallbounce, 5S,5HS,2HS,jc 5S, 5D,jc 5S, 5D, VV) but you're proficient with your setups, space control and whatsoever. I ask about Sol because I want to provide an example of well rounded character like Ky and that sort.

Other than setting up for Dust. When do you actually throw out 5D?

Hmmm I dunnoe but I always do a 2K on my OTG opponents to push them into the corner. And I don't think it's techable.

They can tech but sometimes it surprises them and they forget. I use 2k sometimes also.. but most players will just tech it so i try not to. Such as millia 2k into disk. Perfect if they dont tech....

Or chipp 2k 22HS crossup as they get up.

Does anybody know a thing about landing recovery?

I mean if after a jump my opponent lands next to my chara (in throw range), I get a guaranteed throw since it seems that I can throw them a few frames earlier than they can throw me (common knowledge).

But nevertheless it's not some sort of real recovery, as he is able to block and stuff even in the landing process.

Has anybody more info on that? Like the exact number of frames or any other, better explanation what is happening here?

I always accepted it as a fact and never really though about it.. but somehow it's a bit weird..

Or did I totally miss something?

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody, but to my knowledge landing recovery after jump is cancellable, meaning there isn't a real recovery. I also remember reading somewhere that the recovery only prevents you from jumping or dashing/backdashing, though it seems to not apply to some chars.

Throwing when people land is weird. You can time the grab so you effectively grab them on the frame they land, which actually causes the game to never show them hitting the ground. It also lets you do weird stuff like throw their air hitbox from the ground.

Not really sure why you can't land and throw on the first frame, probably just more weird GG mechanics. It's only 1 frame though as far as I know, people land and throw all the time.

Sign in to follow this