Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Hm. I recall once I was using Lust Shaker (Millia) and when I stopped and immediately used a throw on the opponent, the word 'Reversal' appeared. Does it just pop up whenever you time anything on the first frame possible?

Also, this situation sounds so implausible to me in retrospect... I think I was using it as early oki and stopped it just as he woke up to throw him. I must've been high.

A reversal is when you do a move on the first possible frame after any sort of recovery.

In guilty gear, I forget when the 'REVERSAL' appears. I know it appears when you do a non-normal on wakeup.

In other games, like Street Fighter, they have the word appear for every little thing. Other games, they have nothing.

Reversal means the dude getting off the ground did a special or super move. That's the only time that shows up in GG.

Reversal just means doing something on the first frame after recovery, including blocking or getting hit or whatever. Generally it's not used when talking about recovering from your own moves, as there's nothing getting 'reversaled' there. Usually that's just refered to as Linking (such as in Linking Sol's j.D to make Dustloop of yore).

I have a question regarding training mode. When I was talking to Ruu in this hotel room at evo, he was setting up Ky to do reversal dragon punch and showing how to whiff moves in the air and be safe. The way he timed it was so that the Ky was recording while Ruu did his combo to him, and then after getting knocked down, he'd do reversal VT. How do I easily set the computer to the right amount of time after my knockdown to do DP? I forget how Ruu set it up, but it was really simple. The way I always set it up myself, was that the button would just activate VT and I'd have to push it in between my setups which was awkward.

;(

Is there a difference between low profile moves and above feet / above knees invincibility moves (except that the sprite of low profile moves matches with the hitbox)?

I did some tests and had some theories, but in the end I could not find any difference..

(I used the 2K and the 623S of Axl)

but it's listed as a seperate property in the frame data..

Yeah that's the point. Zappa's 5D has lower body invincibility too, though I believe you shouldn't count on it too much.

Yeah that's the point. Zappa's 5D has lower body invincibility too, though I believe you shouldn't count on it too much.

It also has grab inv. I've seen people use it to bait grabs lots of times with it.

I have a question regarding training mode. When I was talking to Ruu in this hotel room at evo, he was setting up Ky to do reversal dragon punch and showing how to whiff moves in the air and be safe. The way he timed it was so that the Ky was recording while Ruu did his combo to him, and then after getting knocked down, he'd do reversal VT. How do I easily set the computer to the right amount of time after my knockdown to do DP? I forget how Ruu set it up, but it was really simple. The way I always set it up myself, was that the button would just activate VT and I'd have to push it in between my setups which was awkward.

;(

dude what i wanna know about training mode is how the japs make entire offsets using just the playback feature. shit's top tier mang

Like cancel into a tk'ed special?

The only thing you would need to cancel into a tk'ed air move is that the move you are canceling from be jump cancelable.

Though you aren't really canceling into the tk'ed special. You're actually canceling into a jump then performing your tk'ed special. But this doesn't really matter. It's all the same.

Sign in to follow this