Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

I read a guide on GameFAQs that stated that the default configuration for a regular keyboard would be the numpad:

You mis-interpreted. That's not the standard keyboard layout, it is the notation we use to represent the nine cardinal directions. There is no standard keyboard layout. Just use what ever you want. Most people use a cross layout (like WASD) or a row layout (like zxcv).

Some examples with a WASD configuration

the direction 6 (or toward) would be the key: D, if you are on the left side of the screen.

the direction 7 (or Up and Back, diagonally) would be the keys: W+A, again, if you are on the left side.

the same direction, 7, on the right side would be the keys: W+D

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/data/def.html

You'll find meaties there.

To tiger knee something is to do an air attack, usually a special, as close to the ground as possible without touching the ground. You can do this multiple ways but the most common way in my opinion is doing the directional inputs on the ground for the special attack then pressing 7, 8, or 9 and then the button. For example, to tiger knee Millia's bad moon (236p in the air) you do 2369p.

I don't have a ps2 to check this out but are there different types of active hitboxes for weapons or character limbs? I'm aware Potemkin buster sucks in extended hitboxes especially out of extended 'limbs' like Millia's 5K on wakeup. However, if Ky does something like let's say 5S can that long sword hitbox be sucked into the Potemkin buster?

This came into my mind after playing Blazblue where Tager can wakeup Tager Driver Hakumen's meaty 5B at it's tip but not meaty 5C or 6C. Just curious whether this principle was applied before in GG.

Hit boxes vary for characters weapons and limbs. Ky's 5H I believe or was it 5S (a forward basic stab) can be blasted with HOS VV from almost halfway across the screen. HOS 6H can be CH'ed by Dizzy's 2H from a decent distance. The hitboxes vary for the characters and attacks to counter each vary as well.

then, that mean yes? i've never try that. Testing it would also become an ass of work, if the body hit box of Ky f.s came at the same time as it attack hit box Pot need to telegraph that one since PB doesn't active on the 1st frame of input and doesn't have body invul, the 2nd easier way testing this (which wouldn't ever happen on real match) is Ky whiffed f.s and Pot react to it within the range of PB (Ky f.s is 9 frame and PB is 2 or 3 frame startup iirc) and suck him up

Well, theoretically I suppose the Pot Buster would connect if 5S whiffed, but what would make th attack whiff, except maybe a simple stepback (44). And wouldn't Potemkin need to be decently close? Not too mention a block or stepback would cause a distance push. Ky also has the chance to backstep after 5S. Its too easy to mess up unless you have godly reaction timing and I suppose mathematical analyzing in the split moment of a second. XD Well, I suppose if you instant blocked, PB'ing the limb is possible.

Just press and hold 7, and immediately after pressing 7 tap PK or PS or PH or KS or KH. You'll know you did it right (or at least hit it in the time before you normally jump) if the dust cloud that normally appears when you jump does not appear.

Indeed, like Stark said, except the beginning part that should be : "Jump with 8 then immediately roll it to and hold 7 (or 4 if you prefer) and blahblah".

For instance : 8~[7+P+K]

Thanks guys. I had heard that before but it had slipped my mind. I was over complicating things thinking about one frame jump out of pressure strings with instant block and on wake up. I forgot about the dust cloud thing. Thanks.

Indeed, like Stark said, except the beginning part that should be : "Jump with 8 then immediately roll it to and hold 7 (or 4 if you prefer) and blahblah".

For instance : 8~[7+P+K]

Nah, there's no reason not to just jump with 7, since the jump is invariably a straight-up jump (If you did it right).

is it really just 7? i thought 1F-jumping was FDCing the jump start-up, which implied you have to press 4[P+K]~7]P+K[.

4[P+K]~7]P+K[.

If you did it that way, you wouldn't jump.

7~[P+K]

you jump then quickly cancel the startup, and you end up with a straight up jump and no jump cloud, if you did it right

Question, am I the only person who has trouble with super jump on pad? I am best with Bacon and she does better with S.J for air combos but I suck at them. If I am the only one feel free to flame me so I can get motivated.

Sign in to follow this