Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Kliff/Justice are still banninated (But this is mostly because it's a predominantly Japanese game and arcade is the gold standard), and they're pretty clearly at a significant advantage over other characters.

From discussions about Kliff and Justice that I have seen, most people consider them A tier characters. They aren't Eddie.

Kliff/Justice are still banninated (But this is mostly because it's a predominantly Japanese game and arcade is the gold standard), and they're pretty clearly at a significant advantage over other characters.

Was wondering the same thing....thx for clearing up!:v:

not really a gameplay question, but is there a list anywhere stating the characters ( or players ) that have won big tournies since AC has come out?

From discussions about Kliff and Justice that I have seen, most people consider them A tier characters. They aren't Eddie.

Justice? Hell no, that shit is broke.

Kliff is barely passable.

Off topic, but..

"Whadya mean you can't Fuujin the Whale?"

--Newbie on the topic of Anji vs May

I autoguarded the whale with Rin and countered with FB Kou to win the round once. It was glorious.

I said the round, not the match. :(

Also, keep in mind that this is extremely low-level play compared to what you guys are used to, I'm sure, so some of the specific character matchup rules don't apply anyway. (Some of them still do, though. My Slayer still can't touch my friend's Potemkin any more than whatever big-name Slayer players can touch ABEGEN. Possibly even exaggerated even moreso sometimes--you guys tend to rate the particularly unbalanced matches as 6-4, wheras my little circle is apparently unafraid to go all the way to 9-1 if we have to and if Potemkin is involved.)

I was joking around more than anything :P Not meaning to indirectly criticize you, everyone starts at the bottom and has to work their way up :eng101: I used to suck really bad a couple years ago

I'm still at the relative level of skill in which I frequently biff the input for quarter-circle motions and accidentally 6H when I meant to Fuujin (and yet, note the :IN: in my signature...God, I'm a masochist) and yet here I am posting on Dustloop. I would be more understanding than offended if someone were to call my skill into question, believe me. (Actually, it's just a matter of input for me--I actually understand all the high-level concepts, read the frame data, and know what some of the good combos are in theory, so I could theoretically get good if I were somehow able to make the characters do what I actually want them to do...but alas.)

I didn't that that as even indirectly insulting anyway, so don't worry. :D I was actually unaware that Anji/May was considered notorious, since I'm just too used to losing with Anji because I suck with him to notice when I'm losing because it's a poor matchup.

Who is IN said discussions? (I haven't seen them)

It was whenever that thread was occurring about allowing Justice and Kliff in tournaments. I think it was in response to the fact that console characters in SF4 are allowed at tournaments.

Every time I think about SF4, it just reminds me why I like Guilty Gear instead. On several levels. The balance issue (I haven't played, but I've heard stories in regards to Sagat anyway) is just one of them.

Looks like Chipp just teched out towards the wall, double-jumped, did his special wall jump move (46 while against the wall, I think?) then threw a shuriken (j.236k) on his way down.

Conversation I just had with a friend of mine:

"By the way, I thought you said that when blocking in the air, you had to FD moves from the ground, and normal block moves from the air. Did I misunderstand?"

"As a general rule, that is correct. Here, Potemkin's frame data: http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/potemkin.html The Guard column lists which types of blocking will actually work, H=High, L=Low, A=Air (normal,) F=Air (Faultless). Thus, as an example, something that says HLF can be blocked high, low, or FD'd in air, but -not- air normal blocked."

"[A different friend] said I was wrong about this yesterday. I told him to jump and FD, and I tried to j.P him with Chipp, and he blocked it just fine, green spinning thing and all. That move is listed as HA. Now I am confused."

"That...that is confusing. Maybe the listed frame data is wrong?"

"Hard to believe. Further testing is required."

That or I'll just ask you guys before we all go insane. Clearly I'm missing something here. My current theory is that I am a colossal moron who is interpreting the Guard column of the frame data page wrong (though, in my defense, I didn't see a legend or anything to make me not just have to figure out the meaning through reverse-engineering and context,) but confirmation would be nice.

hello im new in guilty gear ac

my question is can i do the combos in psp??

and pls help me in JI - jump install

how can i do this JI?? in pad

plz i want to be a guilty gear player

for beginners like me

i want to praktis chipp and jam

in ur own opinion which character shud i start jam or chipp

i mean just a little easy combo character

plz help me:gonk:

yes, you can do combos on PSP.

Jump Install is explained in the Guides section (in the menu at the top of the page), but if you're a beginner i'm not sure if it's something you want to dive right in to.

i suppose Jam is easier?? just pick whichever character you prefer, for whatever reason, and stick with them until you feel comfortable with them. if you can't get used to them, then switch.

for character-specific discussion, especially combos, you should go to the appropriate character forum (i.e. Jam or Chipp discussion forum).

On here, it says

During the flashing period, all hits except basic Punch, Kick, and Dust Attacks will be considered Counter Hits

But I'm confused. This "counter hit"... is it saying I will break through the blocking? Or will I do damage equivalent to a counter hit?

In training, I put sol to be on block "always" and got his guard gauge flashing. But if I do a Slash, it seems to do no damage (still blocking). So I do a combo without using punch, kick, or dust attacks... and it seemed to have done the same damage before it was flashing. Am I doing something wrong? It just doesn't make sense on what the guard gauge really does.

Thanks,

SK

Sign in to follow this