Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Counter hits are not the same as being unable to block. A counter hit is a clean (non-blocked) hit delivered either in special timing-related circumstances (such as being poked out of the startup of another move) or while the guard gauge is flashing, and has various benefits like longer untechable time and certain property changes. For example, Slayer's pilebunker ground-slides on a normal hit, and wall-sticks on a counter hit. This should be fairly easy to test by going into training mode and setting the guard gauge high enough to be stuck in the flashing range without having them block.

Also:

Or will I do damage equivalent to a counter hit?

Counter hits do not do more damage, just the secondary benefits like untechability and property changes. Hitting someone while their guard gauge is high does more damage, though. The flashing range is a special penalty where they take more damage and all hits are counter hits.

Hitting someone while their guard gauge is high does more damage, though. The flashing range is a special penalty where they take more damage and all hits are counter hits.

Not true. A guard bar above zero does not increase the damage of attacks. It only prevents their damage from being reduced until the guard bar goes below neutral. That's why combos do more damage when the opponent's guard bar is high.

Not true. A guard bar above zero does not increase the damage of attacks. It only prevents their damage from being reduced until the guard bar goes below neutral.

Really? Well. I learned something today.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I recall there's some funny business with that related to Throws. Something like, the throw drops the guard bar before it does the damage, so having a higher than normal guard bar actually makes throws do more than normal damage.

Now I don't recall if this is will all throws but I do know for sure that it happens with Potemkin Buster.

Not just throws. When I get May's Whale OD in training mode with normal Guard gauge, it deals 100 dmg. When I increase the Guard gauge a bit, it deals a little more damage (about 115).

Weird. I don't have my PS2 with me so I can't test anything, but do you mean that throws actually do more than normal damage (i.e., more than what's listed in the frame data) when done at high guard bar or that they do less than normal damage at neutral guard bar?

As for May's super, the frame data lists the damage as 110. Which character did you test it on?

Hidden

Everything does more damage when their is build on the guard bar. Once the guard bar starts glowing everything does a counter hit until it's drained to non-glowing as well. (up to 4 counter hits)

do you mean that throws actually do more than normal damage (i.e., more than what's listed in the frame data) when done at high guard bar or that they do less than normal damage at neutral guard bar?

Yeah, just slightly more damage.

All figures obtained by doing Training mode in AC+ with damage display on and simply copying what it says.

Attacking character is Millia. Defending character is Sol. Everything done at 100% health and as a singular dry it (ie no comboing into it, etc.)

6H

Expected damage (according to frame data): 60

Damage at guard gauge -50: 25

Damage at guard gauge +0 (neutral): 60

Damage at guard gauge +25: 60

Damage at guard gauge +50: 60

Damage at guard gauge +128 (max, CH): 60

Ground Throw

Expected damage (according to frame data): 55

Damage at guard gauge -50: 19

Damage at guard gauge +0 (neutral): 46

Damage at guard gauge +25: 50

Damage at guard gauge +50: 50

Damage at guard gauge +128 (max, CH): 50

Conclusions:

* Increased guard gauge does not increase damage

* CH doesn't either, but we knew that already :)

* Throw does lower guard gauge first before doing damage, thus doing less than standard damage when done on someone with guard gauge +0 (neutral)

* Frame data is wrong regarding damage of Millia's throw :v:

Just a quick question, since some person said that it existed in #Reload.

I tried searching, but I didn't really find anything.

Was Slash the first game to have the word "Beat" become black if the combo could have been teched?

Slash was the first.

The PC version of #r, with nethack, has this feature as well. Standard #r does not.

(also, this is petty)

Okay, this is a nooby question, and may have been answered before(I just don't feel like scrolling through 247 pages to find it) but...Why are Kliff and Justice considered broken? I mean, Justice...yeah, she is, but Kliff, although being small with great range and decent damage, takes damage even worse then chipp(from what I remember, that is.)

Justice is just all sorts of cheese.

Kliff, eh, I think is underpowered to be honest.

All in all, I don't think there are any hard facts per say that state Justice and Kliff are broken. They're just not played in tournies because they're not in the arcade version.

Man, this thread is D-E-A-D.

I was hoping one of the more enlightened among us could shed some light on the "Tension Pulse" for me. (Specifically Johnny's if they're different for every character.) As well as how instant blocking and slash-back effect it.

With Johnny, I do a combo that gains ~19 tension. Yet after one slash-back, it's ramped up to around 25%. Does he seriously get a 20% bonus to tension gain just from ONE slash-back?

All the noobs moved to the blazblue forums. All that's left is a bunch of people with all the answers.

What's in the guide is pretty much what is known. I don't think anyone has any hard numbers. Just a bunch of anecdotal evidence.

As long as i cant ask some gameplay related question i try some stupid.

First: What happend to Testaments right eye? In GG he has just one eye and a glass eye?

Second: In GG Jonny (you can only see his shadow) has a pigtail, on all picture from GGX to GGISUKA (last ver i have ;() he also has a pigtail but in the game he just have a short haircut. Why?

Third: Zappa wear a bodysuit than a ghostfilm over that a slip/tanga and at last his

trousers and shoes? The gloves belonge to the bodysuit??

I hope my english is good enough:v: and that this is the right thread for my questions.

Ahhh, BTW: woh ist buri? baiken or testament? couldt figure it out myself.

Johnny has a long ponytail that he wears under his trenchcoat, simply putting the trenchcoat on over it and leaving it tucked in like that. As someone who actually has a long ponytail in real life, I can tell you that this is a catastrophically bad idea as far as comfort and such and Johnny should have been driven crazy about four seconds after he decided to do that, but whatever, rule of cool I guess.

Buri is an affectionate nickname for Bridget.

Do wakeup times actually vary depending if they're lying face-front or on their back or is it simply the different animation just throws off my timing?

Are you playing against Jam, Chipp (I think), or A.B.A.? I know it's weird for my normal timing on oki when I play vs those characters. I think they get up differently from most of the cast (A.B.A. for sure).

Does the Wii version of AC+ have a smaller window to start running?

I don't know why, but I'm finding it very difficult to run, backdash, and airdash on my GC controller. (Unless you tap twice at the speed of light)

Is there anyway I can fix this?

What are your suggestions on picking up an alt?

I'm mainly playing Baiken right now. I'm having some trouble deciding who else I like, but I feel like I want to get a character that rounds me out and gives me a different fighting style. I'm most attracted to playing Slayer, but my best GG friend is a hardcore Splayer and it seems like a friend of ours we've drawn into the game wants in on Slayer too.

Nothing wrong with a GG lair of vampires. But some diversity in our play would be superior. What do you think good complements are for particular characters? If characters are weak in terms of certain match-ups, what are good meshes that make you a more rounded player?

Sign in to follow this