Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Im having issues throwing people, it only really is a problem agaisnt baiken, i just cannot throw her no matter what i do. My friend is fairly nazi on his throwing, but its only a problem when he plays baiken and its frustrating me that i cant throw break or throw him, anyone can help?

Assuming you already know how to throw, not being able to throw someone (or not understanding why you can't land a throw on someone) is usual an indication of poor fundamentals, and not of a single isolated problem.

If you want something other then broad/generic replies, you're going to need to give us more details. A video would be even better. For starters, what character do you play? I assume Dizzy or Order-Sol, judging from your sig.

i'm not sure what you're trying to say -- do you mean, you're standing next to Baiken, and you push 4+H or 6+H (from neutral), yet you can't throw her?

or do you mean, in terms of gameplay/flow of the match, you are having a hard time getting close enough to even *try* to throw Baiken in the first place?

like 4r5 said, plz post more details, it'll help us help you.

I remember having some trouble throwing Baiken as she comes out of her dash. I think she has some foot invulnerable frames in that animation, so I figured they were related at the time. Could be totally wrong, haven't touched GG in a while.

Its probably an issue with throwing in general. I understand the basics, from neutral hit 6/4 + H, it cant be done during some moves and cant be used on players in hit or block stun.

My most played characters are: Potemkin, Axel, Slayer, Chipp, Eddie and Faust. (EDIT: i play the whole cast, but these are the problem children)

Yeah its generally in the flow of a match that i get issues, like for an excellent example, if im jumping in with faust, the moment i land i am thrown, but i cant throw break. Another example is in the corner, with Axel, im being pressured by baiken with the usual few blockstrings then a rogue throw, which i cant break.

It probably just is a poor understanding of the mechanic, i mean i can land command throws everytime.

EDIT: if it helps at all i can throw people 100% of the time with axel, slayer and eddie in the air.

Command grabs have more range and some startup so its easier not to use too early on opponents wake up or blockstun. Gg is not like bb or even sf4, you will only get throw break if you meant to throw yourself, the window is too small to react with it. Instead, use 1f jump or backdash to escape. When you land there are a couple frames you can be thrown but not throw yourself i believe (probably due to the ground state right before you land like how you can cancel low air moves directly into specials)

Wait..., get thrown when you're landing isn't that because of some moves have landing recovery(all j.d and maybe some other that i didn't know)? and didn't have enough blockstun so you can be thrown within this frame?

You can be punished with anything during those recovery frames after using j.D or some air specials that give you landing recovery (if you don't jump cancel again before landing), but even normally I think the person on the ground is always favored to throw.

Thats really helpful thanks. 1f jump i can do definately, and PO's backdash should work, so i will try that out. Its just really been getting to me you know? But it makes sense. Thanks for the help :D

Because I don't feel like sifting through 250 pages of posts, I might as well just post this here and hope for the best:

First off, I read the entire FAQ before posting, so don't put me there These questions pertain to Accent Core +.

1. Jump Cancelling: I understand the concept, however I don't understand the notation behind it. For example, if I were to see HS j.CD 8 PPP (just a random example), would I jump cancel out of the H.S. or jump cancel the Dust? I don't understand what it applys to, is all.

2. Force Breaks: I don't really understand the definition from the FAQ. How do you know what moves are Force Breaks? Is there a specific combo you have to do? (Like, in SFIV you have to hit 2 attack buttons to do an EX attack, is it similar or completely different?)

3. In the Command List, certain moves will have space at the beginning, with a red arrow preceding the button combination. What does that mean? I believe it has something to do with Gatling (something I also don't quite understand, how long is a short/medium/long gatling?), but I'm not entirely sure. Also, there are sometimes a kind of red semi-circle at the end of a move set, what does that mean?

4. Do all characters have both a Black AND Gold skin? Because I played through both Story paths with Ky Kiske, and I select him with Dust (R1) on Slash Mode and Reload Mode (toggled by R2) and get the same skin for both. However, if I select him with Dust on the regular mode (not EX, Slash or Reload skins) I get a kick-ass looking darkish-blue costume. Just wanted to clarify.

I think that's about it, sorry if it's so long I'm really quite noob at fighting games, but I'd like to get at least half-way decent at them. Also, kind of random but do you have to unlock GGG modes per character? Or can you unlock with one character and have it for all? Because it seems like cetain GGG modes (like the original GG mode) would give a huge advantage to you (speed/power etc.) Maybe I misunderstood the description, but anyway, thanks in advance for your help! Oh, lol, one more question; What is the difference between Classic and normal survival (if any), because one of the SP Illustrations require to beat Classic Survival, not sure how to unlock/activate this, but I might jsut be missing a feature on the menu, so feel free to ignore this question.

I also read the entire manual, and there is no FAQ for Accent Core on GameFAQs (only a Ky Kiske and Johnny guides).

1. The "j." prefix is generally used to denote an air move. Some people use it to denote a jumpcancel. In your particular example, "HS j.CD 8 PPP" the person is either deliberately trying to confuse you or is an idiot, 'cause the example is mixing connotations.

HS, j.CD, j.PPP

Each "j.X" is assumed to mean jump cancel

HS 8 j.C j.D 8 j.P j.P j.P

Each "8" can be assumed to mean a jump cancel

More commonly, you'll probably see it written as:

HS>j.C-j.D>j.P-j.P-j.P

Each ">" would then mean to cancel the the previous move in to the following. "HS>j.C" implies HS to be a ground move, and the ">j.C" would then imply that you are jump canceling the HS then immediately performing an air C.

With some general knowledge of your character and the game along with some common sense, you should be able to figure out each person's notational quirks. Or you can out right ask the poster for clarification.

2. A move is a ForceBreak when the move consumes 25% meter and does the ForceBreak spark. ForceBreaks are generally done with the Dust button.

3. This arrow means that this is a followup to the previous, unindented, move above it. Or the move to the left of it

4. yes.

Etc. yes, all GGG-mode/EX/Gold/Shadow have to be unlocked individually per character. They're also all banned in tournament play. So if you aren't an unlock-freak then you got nothing to worry about. Everything also time unlock by themselves, starting after two or three days worth of play time.

What I was talking about in reference to my first question, was the Gameplay FAQ mentioned something about notation using this: jc.P, which means to jump cancel a punch, however does it mean to jump cancel at the end of the punch animation, or at the end of the previous attack's animation?

Thanks, that really cleared up the rest of my questions though. Already knew about time-unlocks, however I believe I could probably unlock it before the time-release (hopefully :P)

When you start you should try to find a video showing a combo before you try to do it from notation alone, at least until you have a better understanding of that char's moves. Combo notation often leaves out details about spacing or timing that is assumed to be known.

you might wanna take a browse through the Frame Data (Guides -> Frame Data) and check out a character's move list. All of the moves are categorized appropriately.

Also if you're playing the game, you can access the move list while paused (like in training mode) and the moves will be colour-coded. (i forget the particular colours, but there's a different colour for tensionsless specials, force breaks, supers, and instant kills.)

Not really an important 'OMFG I MUST KNOWS' question, but I'm curious what move gives the most frame advantage in the game.

From what I've read so far, it appears to be OS's lvl.3 236 P. FRC'd, it apparently has +46.

Are there any higher then that? I kinda doubt it, but it'd be awesome if there was.

Not really an important 'OMFG I MUST KNOWS' question, but I'm curious what move gives the most frame advantage in the game.

From what I've read so far, it appears to be OS's lvl.3 236 P. FRC'd, it apparently has +46.

Are there any higher then that? I kinda doubt it, but it'd be awesome if there was.

Robo-Ky's explosion super, when Robo-Ky bursts it

+118 without bursting (according to the frame data anyway), even more bursted

I think FB drill FRC gives like....+~

HS EXE Beast is +27.

Those are the two that i know are insane.

I'm not sure what the actual frame advantage is since it's not listed in the frame data (probably N/A because it's a separate projectile and all,) but Millia's ground Pretty Maze (FB disc) is pretty substantial on hit or block.

Why would you want to turtle constantly (like sf2 guile) in Guilty Gear? I mean, it's obvious if you are using a counter character like Baiken, who's moves stem from block;but with so many offensive options and the meter penalty put on you for turtling-it doesn't seem very viable (except in short spurts).

It really depends on the situation.

Health, zoning, character match-ups, etc.. all determine what type of way you approach or defend against your opponent. Turtling is sometimes useful and other times it just takes away options.

thats kinda what i thought honestly... however some players will turtle like a bad sf2 guile, i hear.. and to me thats really dumb, that is what i was asking about.

i know you should block sometimes in order to preserve health in certain situations-thats fighting 101, in the real or virtual world, lol.:keke:

I think FB drill FRC gives like....+~

HS EXE Beast is +27.

Those are the two that i know are insane.

Rensen FRC is something like +33.

Sign in to follow this