Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

For Me it's timing that u learn. Go into training mode and look at the flashing blue line. Then keep doing the move over and over again trying to FRC when the blue light flashes. Just a timing thing.

Maybe for Jam's throw FRC u go by her Laughs but i think Timing is alot better.

I find looking for a key frame to base the timing on,Examples being: Jam's throw is when she lands on her hands, Sol's Fafnir is on the first fram of the extended fist, is right on the sound effect, gunflame is just as his sword jolts slightly after he jams it in the ground, Riot stamp is the very moment he leaves the wall (also with helpful sound effect), Baiken's tatami is when it's bend around back the most and so on and so forth. This won't help you with all FRCs but it will it will give you a good starting point.

Well for me, its a combination of sound and visual cue and just a general "feel" of the move. I can't really explain it, just that going into training and repeatedly practising the FRC for a few night really helps. That's what i did when trying to learn CSE FRC anyways :D

If you haven't figured it out yet. In training mode with input display turned on. When the input display flashes blue is when the FRC point is. As the input display fades into blue and fades out is when you have to hit the FRC.

Relying on sound can be iffy since each chacter has three voice sets. If your FRC is on a key frame, that'll make things easier. Remember that hit pause will change the timing.

I try to get the FRC timing into my fingers. When I practice it's with sound off, eyes shut. I practice the FRC on a whiff, on block, on hit, and within a combo.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/guilty_gear_xx_slash.txt

can help. It lists when, where, and how long the FRCs are.

If you haven't figured it out yet. In training mode with input display turned on. When the input display flashes blue is when the FRC point is. As the input display fades into blue and fades out is when you have to hit the FRC.

Like I said, I'm well aware of how FRCs work (although I suppose I did leave out I know how to figure them out as well). I'm just trying to find the most effective way of relearning FRC points. Venom's H Stinger Aim FRC from #R has been drilled into my head, and so the slight delay is becoming annoying to get used to, even with that blue flash I still get mixed up and try to do what I'm used to.

So far the best method, or at least more agreed upon method, is timing. Sound isn't helpful at all, and I agree. I know in 3S you can use sounds to know when to do certain moves (ie. Makoto's command grab, she yells as she puts the opponent down, allowing you to combo from there if your timing is decent enough), but with GG's voice sets that won't work.

I guess it's just a matter of drilling the new FRC point into my skull.

So I know that there are two "knockdown states": Face Up and Face Down which lead to different amounts of frames until the chara stands up again.

What I don't know is, how are they triggerd? Is there a general Rule, are is it move dependent? .. or simply random?

It's dependant on the attack - sweeps generally make you fall face down, while some moves make you fall face up (e.g. Axl's Rensen).

Jam, Axl, Anji and Dizzy are the only characters who only face down after a knockdown.

Hm.. are you sure? The RomanCancel guide gives different Numbers even for those charas..

Link:

www.romancancel.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.117.2

That was not very helpful :P

but I think you know that^^

---------

I looked trough some of the translated frame data.. as there is nowhere a note about face up or face down on knockdown, it seems to me that there has to be a general rule ore something regarding this issue.

Suggestions.. or even better anybody got the answer? ^^

The face up and down frame data came from the old GGXX gamecombos site. I don't know where they got their info. If you want, I can probably confirm that there are the listed differences between standing up front or back... but I can't get you info from Slash (don't have any sort of capture card).

hm.. actually I wanted to know when you end up Face Up and when Face Down in first place :confused:

..but thanks nevertheless^^

One thing about the face up face down thing. It gives Dizzy a different time for face up and face down. But no matter how you knock her down, she ALWAYS goes face down.

Is it possible to throw Potemkin while he's using Judge Gauntlet? My friend told me no I can't but I saw Hattori throwing a Pot out of it.. so just confirming..

Is it possible to throw Potemkin while he's using Judge Gauntlet? My friend told me no I can't but I saw Hattori throwing a Pot out of it.. so just confirming..

yes

is there a place where i can learn about damage scaling?

These are the things that have an influence on the damage scaling..

1.) Character Defense Modifier

2.) Guts Rating

3.) Guard Gauge

4.) Prorating

5.) Forced Prorating

For 1 to 3 look here:

www.romancancel.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.117.2

Prorating and Forced Prorating are explained here (hard to find, as it was actually an OT discussion :P):

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928&page=7&pp=10

Ok i have a noob q. How does dizzy's bubble work exactly? I didn't find something like this in her forum and being a stupid q i didn't post it there. I don't play dizzy but when i am against her and she bubbles one, i tremble with fear because i don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated :grin:

Ok i have a noob q. How does dizzy's bubble work exactly? I didn't find something like this in her forum and being a stupid q i didn't post it there. I don't play dizzy but when i am against her and she bubbles one, i tremble with fear because i don't know what to expect. Any help would be appreciated :grin:

If she hits the bubble with another attack, it pops, and if it hits you, it floats you and is untechable, I believe.

Basically to setup air combos I would assume.

dizzy's bubble is not untechable, although it can be for some characters if they get CH at a low height.

Sign in to follow this