Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Do moves which grant throw-invincbility frames also give command throw-invincibility frames? For example Baiken's 6K.. If I do a 6K can I be Pot bustered?

Thanks!

You can not be pot bustered out of baikens 6k, same goes for may's 5k during throw invincible frames. Also I'm pretty sure put buster, and may's ik are command throws. I mean you put in a command and they throw the other guy, that's the definition of a command throw right?

If PB was unblockable, then you could PB people out of the air.

ABA's Chain is a two parter, first part is a throw, then the second part are strikes.

And I just came back from training mode.

May's IK is a throw.

Zappa's IK is an unblockable.

I tested this by having the dummy set to jump. With Zappa I was able to connect the IK while the dummy was in the air. With May I was only able to connect the IK when the dummy landed. Another thing of note, May's IK has alot of active frames.

Like I said, May's IK has 90F active time in Slash (Up from 60F in #R, which is still a lot.)

Zappa's one is a throw with 32F active and a throw range of 30 dots (just look in the frame data, you can't connect it vs an airborne opponent, it's just that you grab him at landing cause it's active for long time, try to activate it just when the dummy starts a jump and you'll see it's not an unblockable hit.

Also it's 9 actives frames for May's IK in Slash, 90F.....seriously.....

try to activate it just when the dummy starts a jump and you'll see it's not an unblockable hit.

That's what I did, but I guess it couldn't hurt to triple check.

Actually, it's just instant kills. I'm not going to bother.

I noticed something odd about A.B.A's ground throw in Moroha. Usually, the throw is only 1 hit, but occasionally I find it registers as 2 hits on the Beat counter. Could anyone explain this strange phenomenon?

Also it's 9 actives frames for May's IK in Slash, 90F.....seriously.....

so her's went from 60F in #R to 9F in Slash Thats weird.

i think 90 is more like it but i dont know. Who knows the real answer?

Isn't that the amount of time needed to activate IK mode? Which is a totally different thing from the active frames of IK.

Isn't that the amount of time needed to activate IK mode? Which is a totally different thing from the active frames of IK.

According to Romancancel.com's frame data, that's correct. 70f to get into IK mode and 9 active frames for May's "May to Yukai na Nakama-tachi".

Excellent post. And your English is better than most of ours.

Yay! Thank you, sir. :grin:

So yesterday I began to screw around with Sol in training and managed to beat boss I-No twice (nearing perfects on both accounts. I normally can't harm her with anyone but Slayer) so I figured I would consider getting better with Sol.

I was looking around for some basic combos and stuff, and most seem to be for slash (I have no import capable PS2, and I use #R on xbox). anyways the main point of this is, I saw that his forward HS and Grand Viper are aparrently horrible moves to use. I use GV quite a bit, but mostly in combos or when the enemy is stunned. Is GV bad because it leaves an opening, or it just has a crappy effect?

Also, I tried the whole wiggling the stick back and forth and mashing S and HS to increase the hits it does, like someone on here said. It didn't work for me, it seems.

People RC (Roman Cancel) GV when opponents blocked it... Dunnoe if that helped.. I don't play Sol o_O

And I don't think his 6HS is a horrible move.. I think it staggers on hit and causes people to faint easily.

GV is usually not good because Sol will get raped on block with 120% probability unless you RC (lolol). But people do occasiocally use the move to catch the opponent off guard by running under projectiles, punish moves that leave their lower body vulnerable, and/or punish moves with high recovery, etc.

And mash harder!!!

I noticed something odd about A.B.A's ground throw in Moroha. Usually, the throw is only 1 hit, but occasionally I find it registers as 2 hits on the Beat counter. Could anyone explain this strange phenomenon?

if you're talking about 63214HS,

1hit means you connected with the throw portion of the move.

2hits means you connected with the strike portion.

See, I always roman cancel on GV since, being a rookie, I don't know the best RC combos I wind up doing GV, RC early if it's blocked so I can land behind em and hopefully get a sweep or BR. If it connects I wind up RCing into the HS VV, or BR.

Generally whenever I use GV it's right after a forward HS hits and induces stagger, or when I'm doing what Orka said, dodging projects or high hit moves.

Yeah, GV can punish Baiken's Kabari (The long chain move, 41236HS).

You RC GV and hope you get behind them? You're at the disadvantage if so, cause they can throw you when you land.

if you're talking about 63214HS,

1hit means you connected with the throw portion of the move.

2hits means you connected with the strike portion.

No, I'm not talking about her command throw. I meant her normal Moroha ground throw.

Grand Viper is unsafe even if you successfully hit your opponent with it. That is if your opponent have Burst. During GV hit state before going into VV animation your opponent can actually Burst and land safely on the ground, leaving you in the air whiffing your GV. After you land you'll get punish for it. IIRC, there's no knockdown on the burst, so you'll go straight right through your opponent thus whiffing your GV. Correct me if I'm wrong though, that's what I usually see on match videos. Also I've already done this a few times, don't know if it's just a fluke or if it's really do-able.

So yeah, GV is unsafe even on hit as long as your opponent have Burst.

That's why you never do a GV without meter to RC it, I thought that much was obvious. GV is a move you only do with the intension of canceling... unless the other person doesn't have a burst and you're trying to go under something.

either which way, it's a good way to force your opponent to use a burst...but you do run the risk of getting owned if they time the burst to miss...otherwise, you're good...

Would you nice people explain when is the correct time to Burst out of a GV thus making Sol whiff the attack while you wait for him below? Thanks!

time the burst when he's going up with the uppercut. If you do it during the slide, then you'll just knock hom out of GV......

Sign in to follow this