Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Yeah, We're not talking one frame FRC windows here, otherwise teching would be VERY hard to do correctly. Come to think of it, that'd be a good idea, it'd keep comboes less fixed. But more broken too, so something would need to be done about that.

Yes, there will of course be times when your opponent doesn't tech when they could of, usually in those instances you can fudge up a combo on the fly as it were. But beware of the selective techers, because they'll make you suffer for trying comboes which are techable.

does jam's prarry really give her an advanage. I was playing around the other day and it seems like her prarry give you just as much of a chance of attacking as when attacks collide and the lighting comes out.... depending on the move of course.

how much time do you can you take before you follow up.

err..common sense anyone ? how much frames you gain depends on how long you would have been in blockstun if you wouldn´t have parried. with parry you can punish moves/strings that are normally completely save for the opponent. you can cancle parry into every move except running or jumping.

how much frames you gain depends on how long you would have been in blockstun if you wouldn´t have parried.

What? blockstun depends on the move right. i know your not talking about the whole combo.

that still dont tell me how fast i have to follow up. Like when I was just tring some stuff out I'd prarry a punch and before I could do anything they just punch me again.

edit

let me say this question in another way.

would it be a waste of time to prarry something like 5p? Should some moves be blocked instead

Jam's 5K is like a 4F move. As long as the other person's attack isn't faster than that, you can parry and punish. Also consider following up with invincible attacks or whatever.

Do note things change a bit with projectiles due to hitpause.

Hidden
Jam's 5K is like a 4F move. As long as the other person's attack isn't faster than that, you can parry and punish. Also consider following up with invincible attacks or whatever.

Jam's 5k WAS a 4F move(XX, #R). Now it's 5F (GGSlash). It creates an interesting dilemma, what to follow up a reversal parry with. Her 5P is 3f, but if they chain into crouching attacks, or if they're at a distance other than 'immediately in front of you', it's possible for it to miss. Her 2p, which is 4f, has similar range issues -- at least it won't be crouched (however, sol sweep goes under it if executed simultaneously). Of course, if you're fighting against someone with particularly slow normals (lol Testament), it might be better to take a risk and do something like 5s5s directly into a strong combo (depending if you hit him crouching or standing). One thing to watch out for, vs. Sol. he has the neat attack chain [2p, 5k] which will punish most parry >> counter attempts (unless you burst cancel, hehe). Using 5k is still possible vs. other chars, but watch out for guys like order + regular sol, chipp, and other jam users. They are all cheater charachters with normals faster than 5f. There are some chars I didn't mention who have 3 or 4f "5p" attacks, but they're all crouchable, so 2p will win, also, it's rare for them to be used in block strings on the opponent's wakeup (I-no, Aba, Anji). A lot of times, it's possible to throw after the parry, even if your opponent was out of range for a reversal throw. You don't get pushed back at all during parry animation, so if the opponent was running, they may 'slide' into your attack range. It's very situational, but something to consider.

EDIT: Parry >> Super, or Parry >> DP are noteworthy options to consider. Why not just super or DP as a reversal? Well... for all but the fastest normals, your opponent won't recover in time to block Jam's DP/Super (both are 7F), and if they chain into anything, they're probably screwed (some chars have moves that crouch her dragon punch, or go through it (upper body inv.)). In that sense, you could train yourself to only super if you see the parry come out... which prevents you from getting your super baited / blocked / otherwise avoided (technically they could do a meaty attack and then jump + FD)

Veteru

Jam's 5k WAS a 4F move(XX, #R). Now it's 5F (GGSlash). It creates an interesting dilemma, what to follow up a reversal parry with. Her 5P is 3f, but if they chain into crouching attacks, or if they're at a distance other than 'immediately in front of you', it's possible for it to miss. Her 2p, which is 4f, has similar range issues -- at least it won't be crouched (however, sol sweep goes under it if executed simultaneously). Of course, if you're fighting against someone with particularly slow normals (lol Testament), it might be better to take a risk and do something like 5s5s directly into a strong combo (depending if you hit him crouching or standing). One thing to watch out for, vs. Sol. he has the neat attack chain [2p, 5k] which will punish most parry >> counter attempts (unless you burst cancel, hehe). Using 5k is still possible vs. other chars, but watch out for guys like order + regular sol, chipp, and other jam users. They are all cheater charachters with normals faster than 5f. There are some chars I didn't mention who have 3 or 4f "5p" attacks, but they're all crouchable, so 2p will win, also, it's rare for them to be used in block strings on the opponent's wakeup (I-no, Aba, Anji). A lot of times, it's possible to throw after the parry, even if your opponent was out of range for a reversal throw. You don't get pushed back at all during parry animation, so if the opponent was running, they may 'slide' into your attack range. It's very situational, but something to consider.

EDIT: Parry >> Super, or Parry >> DP are noteworthy options to consider. Why not just super or DP as a reversal? Well... for all but the fastest normals, your opponent won't recover in time to block Jam's DP/Super (both are 7F), and if they chain into anything, they're probably screwed (some chars have moves that crouch her dragon punch, or go through it (upper body inv.)). In that sense, you could train yourself to only super if you see the parry come out... which prevents you from getting your super baited / blocked / otherwise avoided (technically they could do a meaty attack and then jump + FD)

does jam's prarry really give her an advanage. I was playing around the other day and it seems like her prarry give you just as much of a chance of attacking as when attacks collide and the lighting comes out.... depending on the move of course.

how much time do you can you take before you follow up.

This is a pretty accurate example of your options after a parry. Your opponent is free to chain out of their move into anything they want, as are you. Basically, you have to rely on your chaining options being faster and/or invincible (Look up "burst cancel").

Veteru

yay stupid question thread. so i was reading a couple pages back about how ppl are scared to tech because of JO's throw..

now here comes the stupid part... how do u guys go about training air throws?

Is it possible to get a COUNTER HIT throw?

yes, example: if the stun meter of the opponent is flashing to count towards a counter hit. then you will get a counter hit throw if you throw them at that time<333

There are some characters who don't get CH throws since they don't actually make contact with the opponent, Anji and Venom being the ones I can think of at the moment.

You know if I do something that grants me frame advantage (like Rock it). How long does this advantage last?

Does it work like this?

FA 3 frame advantage

Before FA:- player 0 opponent 0

after FA:- player -3 opponent 0 or player 0 opponent +3

Does it then reset after the move connects?

This is not a gameplay question, but I think still needs to be answered.

Why is like 9824079% of Potemkins in match vids pick the all-red one all the time? It's really REALLY starting to piss me off for some reason. I'd understand if all his other colors were Richard Simmons level of gayness........but yea, why red all the damn time?

Because a big, red giant just looks so mean.

guys i think he knows what he's talking about

Sign in to follow this