Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

Hidden
jus wondering, but is johnny's last name sfondi?

yeah

can i do tiger knee off a low like 2k or 2p? or must i do only a standing move?

Standing move with invulnerable start ups like VV. Remember you only have one frame to land this so if you screw up your gonna eat it.

So 5D's like the ones you have stated above are useful to add to the pressure game? Won't some people be able to see it on reaction?

Not if you do it right:) There's ways to mask your D most of the time, then there's the 'added stress' that keeps players blocking low... So if you stress em enough and the stay blocking low you can do the D thingie.

I have no idea what you are talking about but you'd be wrong about anything you were talking about I think.

I always though you have 1 frame to do an upper cut as your getting up from the ground?

I always though you have 1 frame to do an upper cut as your getting up from the ground?

you didnt understand the question. there is 1 frame, yes, but the question was entirely different, no one said anything about reversals.

Yeah but he was asking about if he could TK moves off a low normal.

Also, you have more like 2F to do reversals. There is an input buffer when waking up that actually gives you an extra frame to do shit, so you normally get 2F (this counts for reversal throws too, not sure about backdashes). For specials and supers, you also get Negative Edge, which means you can get at least 3F (not sure if the buffer counts for NE or not) for reversal.

Plus if you are like Sol and have a DP on more than one button, you can roll both to increase your odds, so you could effectively have a 6F window to hit, which is really easy.

oh never knew all that shit. O_O. I just play and do shit... i should read up on these frames.

Always wondered why i could nail those wakeups like 95 percent of the times thinking its 1 frame only. Damn and i thought i was good haha.

Yeah but he was asking about if he could TK moves off a low normal.

Also, you have more like 2F to do reversals. There is an input buffer when waking up that actually gives you an extra frame to do shit, so you normally get 2F (this counts for reversal throws too, not sure about backdashes). For specials and supers, you also get Negative Edge, which means you can get at least 3F (not sure if the buffer counts for NE or not) for reversal.

Plus if you are like Sol and have a DP on more than one button, you can roll both to increase your odds, so you could effectively have a 6F window to hit, which is really easy.

if you take negative edge into account for that, you would have to push and let go of the button in 1 frame. put in VF4 training mode, switch on the option that shows you how long you held a button, and you will see how incredbly hard it is to pull that off.

Not if you do it right:) There's ways to mask your D most of the time, then there's the 'added stress' that keeps players blocking low... So if you stress em enough and the stay blocking low you can do the D thingie.

Even if you "do it right," most Dusts can be blocked on reaction (20+ frames is plenty of time to see most coming) so you'd have to pretty much catch someone asleep or something.

^

True. Only time i get hit is when im just playing around, or something is blocking my fucking view. Like dark angel, but eventhen i almost always block that dust. But hey i love throwing out dust here and there once in awhile, especially with bridget since i can cancel it with a yoyo throw.

if you take negative edge into account for that, you would have to push and let go of the button in 1 frame. put in VF4 training mode, switch on the option that shows you how long you held a button, and you will see how incredbly hard it is to pull that off.

It's not a consecutive 3F but it is a total. It'll help you if you tap too early, for example.

It's possible to hit good players with a Dust, but you can't use it primarily in a mixup.

For some odd ass reason... fast dust rarely hit me compared to slow ass ones. I havent been hit by jams dust for the longest time... I find myself getting hit by pots dust more than hers haha. I have no idea why.. must be some fucked up reason.

Even Dizzy's or Jam's Dusts!?

Jam's Dust is just hard to see so shrug. It also pops up during really fast and hard-to-see three-way guessing games, makes it even harder.

Dizzy has fish, bubbles, spears, scythes, and fire to cover her Dust attempts. It's still not good enough to be a go-to mixup or even something to use more than once every five or so matches.

Comboing into Dusts and such has interesting applications, and it's always possible to catch someone off guard... but yeah. They aren't all that good and people need to learn to see and block them.

Even if you "do it right," most Dusts can be blocked on reaction (20+ frames is plenty of time to see most coming) so you'd have to pretty much catch someone asleep or something.

I dunno I hit people with Faust's unblockable (6hs or 5p, 6hs for extra head spinning madness) a lot and that's like 120 million frames.

I dunno I hit people with Faust's unblockable (6hs or 5p, 6hs for extra head spinning madness) a lot and that's like 120 million frames.

That's because P > 6H is the ultimate mixup D:

Sign in to follow this