Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

how to cancel a j.hs on parry on jam eg. sol j.hs , jam parry , sol cancels his j.hs and still block

how to block after throwing a coin for johnny? eg - johhny does k coin and block the opponent's burst i never got an attempt to block sucessfully at all =/

how to block after throwing a coin for johnny? eg - johhny does k coin and block the opponent's burst i never got an attempt to block sucessfully at all =/

Hold back after throwing the coin. It's free.

1 frame button press can be really easy depending on which other button you have to press:P The idea is to launch your finger that should be pressing the button with 1 frame with another finger.

OS's super jump is really high too so you could just SJ at the last moment and be safe too.

What's a full guardstun combo? This seems quite important but I don't understand what it is.

Also, I was playing cpu Order Sol today and pulled off a gatling combo on him. I then threw him after a small pause (or midway, can't remember), but then after I continued to juggle him off Baiken's throw, the combo number kept rising. I found this a little wierd. Anyone know the trick behind this?

time airthrows just right... it will continue the combo count, which is actually bad if it does.. Or if the person is staggering, you can throw them and keep the combo count going also.

i don't think the combo counter makes a difference, remember, it's the guard gague that determines how much scaling a hit suffers from, not how many hits in a combo

airthrow still takes full damage. they only keep the number going when u airthrow on the first or first few frames after the recovery not sure about that one.

but if youre talking about the reduction of damage if the throw is comboable afterwards it acts as if the throw was the first hit, i just tested it.

OK i was testing it myself since im home now. Yeah the guard meter resets.. but the gravity or whatever you call it, that makes them pop up higher when you hit them doesnt. So in a sense its not good when it combos still.

Got confused cause they always fell so fast when i would combo throws with johnny, baiken, Ino, or whoever. Never paid attention and thought the damage didnt reset cause of that. Rarely happens in a match....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuzqCirU0ck

example if you care. Hard to see, but the guard meter resets and blood starts over

I was gonna post that I thought the gravity doesn't reset if you combo the throw, because I tested it back in XX, but I wasn't sure if that's what it was cause it was so long ago. So yeah, comboing the throw, especially for Johnny, is not a good thing in general.

afaik there is not such a thing as increased gravity during a combo.

The only thing that changes is the untechable time of the chara, so that at some point he will be able to tech out of your combo, even that he would still have enough weight to be juggled again. As this seems to be dependent on the Beat Counter, a comboed throw shouldn't reset it (what now has been proven^^).

but nevertheless, correct me if I'm wrong^^..

..but isn't that simply due to the fact that the move that is used to juggle the opponent won't bring him back to the same height as he was one repetition before?

Go to practice: Take Axl and a light weighted Chara (Jam), put the recovery off.

In corner do: throw, dash, S©, 9623H (Axl Bomber very low to the ground).

You can do S©, 9623H five times before the pushback is too high for the S© to connect, as she won't loose height.. but put the recovery on she will recover after the 3rd loop.

Actually you can even increase her height if you connect the S© early. (hm.. haven't yet tried, maybe you even have the time to dash in between to make it a real infinite if not for the recovery)

If you have a fast enough move that gains height on the chara, you could juggle for infinity if not for the pushback or the decreased untechable time.

Is this a new Slash mechanic to prevent loops occuring? I'm having trouble noticing it in #R.

Yeah its not old at all. Turn off teching and do 2HS with Chipp and watch them pop up lower and lower and lower.

Back in X1 i used to play a game of volley ball with 2HS with chipp. Seeing how many times i could do it doing 2HS RC dash repeat before it became too hard.

Sign in to follow this